News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/600758/

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/600759/

I find it quite remarkable that the only two things serviced on Thursday on there are the two cancellations to the Thandi services. Also as of the time of typing they are the latest two on there, as there's nothing showing up for Friday.

Solo1

I thought thandi came onto 37 in competition with NXbus 

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on August 29, 2022, 07:57:06 AMI thought thandi came onto 37 in competition with NXbus
37 is a TfWM tendered service.

You must be thinking of the 334.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on August 29, 2022, 09:05:37 AM37 is a TfWM tendered service.

You must be thinking of the 334.
Thandi & NXWM both operated the 37 a few years ago. NX then withdrew their service.
Sandwell Travel also opearted a similar 333X service I believe as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

cris 99

Thandi came onto the 37 to compete with  Sandwell Travel on the 333X. National Express then withdrew the 37 daytime as it was commercial. The tendered journeys obviously carried on.
17//72/73/97/X12

Westy

Let's hope if Nx continue with the route, it will have some stability.

It's like the 19 in Walsall was until Nx came back on it a couple of years ago.

When the original 319 was withdrawn in 2010, the replacement seemed to change pretty regularly until then.

Westy

Is 'Rail Forums Uk' supposed to be a big website, bigger than this one, as I'm surprised their bus & coach section hasn't picked up on this yet?

ellspurs

NX 37 to be running the full route on a 30 minute schedule from 11 September 2022:

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/services-timetables/37-walsall-willenhall

igogeneral

With Thandi and others going out of business I wonder what has happened to their mechanics, are they looking for work as Kev's has a vacancy

Nxwm

Quote from: igogeneral on September 05, 2022, 02:51:28 PMWith Thandi and others going out of business I wonder what has happened to their mechanics, are they looking for work as Kev's has a vacancy
The mechanic there doesn't have the qualifications just the knowledge he used to work at Thandi express before he went over to Thandi executive 

justlookingaround

Quote from: Westy on September 03, 2022, 07:35:13 AMIs 'Rail Forums Uk' supposed to be a big website, bigger than this one, as I'm surprised their bus & coach section hasn't picked up on this yet?
I don't think they have a West Midlands thread. Or maybe they know this site will handle the talk better.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Westy on September 03, 2022, 07:35:13 AMIs 'Rail Forums Uk' supposed to be a big website, bigger than this one, as I'm surprised their bus & coach section hasn't picked up on this yet?
It did get a mention on "The Bus Forum" , which if you type in as an internet search will take you to "tangy tango proboards" then you should get a link to the bus site.  The site is predominantly for bus operations in the "London Transport" area but does cover uk wide companies and reports of new vehicle deliveries.  Hope this is of interest.

fleetline6477

Were they still operating the Hagley School contracts, if so who is running them now?

V102MOA

Quote from: fleetline6477 on September 13, 2022, 09:03:25 PMWere they still operating the Hagley School contracts, if so who is running them now?

I saw two of them this morning from a distance, one was a plain white Scania decker, the other I'm not sure what it was, green and white I think, some kind of East Lancs decker possibly.

Stu

Quote from: fleetline6477 on September 13, 2022, 09:03:25 PMWere they still operating the Hagley School contracts, if so who is running them now?

Quote from: V102MOA on September 14, 2022, 10:04:56 AMI saw two of them this morning from a distance, one was a plain white Scania decker, the other I'm not sure what it was, green and white I think, some kind of East Lancs decker possibly.

Isn't it a different Thandi company that operates those contracts?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk