News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ContainsNuts

Quote from: Bob on June 01, 2022, 07:28:16 AMOh, those poor private profiteering companies. Before privatisation, buses were mostly publicly owned and run as a public service and profitable routes could cross subsidise less busy but socially necessary services.

The fact is that at present there are loads of breakdowns, loads of missed trips due to that, often on hourly services, filthy buses that dont look thryve been cleaned in weeks sonetimes, buses with the doors falling off ( literally the door fell off a 52 plate e200 in cannock bus stn other day!), 2 hr gaps in service etc.
Hence my comment earlier - it's a free market so if it's that easy why don't you start up your own bus company instead of constantly whining about the current ones?

Or maybe you just like to complain - I've never seen a positive comment from you yet!

Enthusiasts should be supporting the bus companies through their difficulties, not sitting in an armchair ripping them to shreds for their own entertainment. If you can't support the industry you are enthusiastic about then why bother?

Bob

Quote from: ContainsNuts on June 01, 2022, 08:47:43 AMHence my comment earlier - it's a free market so if it's that easy why don't you start up your own bus company instead of constantly whining about the current ones?

Or maybe you just like to complain - I've never seen a positive comment from you yet!

Enthusiasts should be supporting the bus companies through their difficulties, not sitting in an armchair ripping them to shreds for their own entertainment. If you can't support the industry you are enthusiastic about then why bother?
There isnt much to praise about them unfortunately, worse than a cowboy operator a lot of the time. Do you think regular 2 hour gaps with zero replacements ( on rare occasions theyve found a replacement bus, its been known for the replacement to break down too!), are good service? Would that increase patronage? The 1 shouldve been a success, but thats been plagued with missed journeys, breakdowns, tat etc and has failed dismally. Credit where its due,but i cant see anything for them to be given credit for. Talk to passengers, theyve got a terrible reputation, imagine relying on them for work.

Westy

Must admit I couldn't be ###### this morning,  so I walked around to the Bloxwich Road. 

igogeneral

Quote from: ContainsNuts on June 01, 2022, 08:47:43 AMHence my comment earlier - it's a free market so if it's that easy why don't you start up your own bus company instead of constantly whining about the current ones?

A poor service provider should not be supported as all they are doing is literally forcing passengers away from all services. Better no advertised service at all than a poor unreliable service

solonightrider

move to Pye Green Bob  :cool: loads of large size buses every 5 minutes  :police: :police:

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on June 02, 2022, 11:18:01 PMmove to Pye Green Bob  :cool: loads of large size buses every 5 minutes  :police: :police:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Looks like 2 streetlites & 1 enviro200 have entered delta way

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 04, 2022, 05:14:04 PMLooks like 2 streetlites & 1 enviro200 have entered delta way

Think theres a 63 plate MCV too 

IMarkeh

Quote from: igogeneral on June 01, 2022, 12:34:34 PMA poor service provider should not be supported as all they are doing is literally forcing passengers away from all services. Better no advertised service at all than a poor unreliable service

Arguebly not just their own services too but buses in general because it reinforces in peoples minds that buses are unreliable and don't turn up. Often people don't think 'Chaseriders buses are rubbish', they remove the company from it and bash the whole industry for one companies failures.

I know a number of people who would start up a bus company but the support isn't there to start up these kinds of businesses and the financial standing 10k for the first bus is a killer as well. Those who have started up though in the past year or two have done very well with coaches and contracts. Local buses seem to be harder to get into because there is no kickstart funding so any new route, you have to have deep pockets or make a lot of money from day 1 to cover costs. If you were to startup against Chaserider, you'd have a tough job because many of the passengers in the area have simply gone, done one,  and found another way to travel so you'd be spending hundreds of thousands probably to get any meaningful passenger numbers onto the services before it became profitable. It's very easy to drive passengers away from buses but extremely difficult to bring them in. It takes 2 years or so to build up a service to it's full potential. Who has that kind of money sat in their back pocket? Like seriously! 

If more support was there for starting up local buses, you'd see a damn sight more buses on the road and Chaserider would have no chance. They know that there is no competition though and so those without a car simply have no choice but to use them, hence they exploit that position. 

Quote from: Bob on June 05, 2022, 03:12:20 PMThink theres a 63 plate MCV too
Is 670 out?

Jamie A

Quote from: Jamie A on June 08, 2022, 07:22:53 PM670 was on the 841 this morning
Very interesting. Will have to get a ride once I'm back over

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 08, 2022, 09:49:25 PMVery interesting. Will have to get a ride once I'm back over
You not from cannock lol?

Quote from: Bob on June 09, 2022, 04:28:36 PMYou not from cannock lol?
Grew up there but moved away 10 years ago

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 09, 2022, 08:37:52 PMGrew up there but moved away 10 years ago
Cant samr i blame you its a dump lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk