News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Westy on May 19, 2022, 07:03:40 AMObservation now.

(If the mods think it has merit as a separate thread,  then move it, but as it happens on a Chaserider bus, I thought this would be the best place!)

Why do people with mobile phone passes seem to think any red bus will accept their NXWM ticket?

Twice this happened this morning on the 1 & it does happen regularly.

Are they thick?
It's been the same for years, I remember being on a rail replacement bus and we was coming through Erdington and people were flagging the bus down. They assume any bus they see is 'their' bus

Quote from: Westy on May 19, 2022, 07:03:40 AMObservation now.

(If the mods think it has merit as a separate thread,  then move it, but as it happens on a Chaserider bus, I thought this would be the best place!)

Why do people with mobile phone passes seem to think any red bus will accept their NXWM ticket?

Twice this happened this morning on the 1 & it does happen regularly.

Are they thick?
People regularly try and those NX tickets (M tickets/Monthly NX passes which say Swift on them/Paper Daysaver) on other operators. I think also since NXWM have such a large monopoly across the West Midlands, some poeple aren't aware they can't use it on those operators I think.
Discount Travel used to charge a 50p extra with NX passes, which went up to £1 in April 2022 according to the notices on the buses.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Just today I had a passenger attempt to board my obviously not NX bus using some sort of NXWM m-ticket. 

Happens all the time. They know they can't use it. They try it anyway.

DJ

Quote from: MW on May 20, 2022, 09:42:41 PMJust today I had a passenger attempt to board my obviously not NX bus using some sort of NXWM m-ticket.

Happens all the time. They know they can't use it. They try it anyway.
You can get 1 and 4 week nBus tickets on the NXWM app though, it's worth keeping that in mind, as it can be a valid ticket despite being on the NX app.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

MW

Quote from: DJ on May 21, 2022, 10:15:46 AMYou can get 1 and 4 week nBus tickets on the NXWM app though, it's worth keeping that in mind, as it can be a valid ticket despite being on the NX app.

As far as I'm aware, if there's no 'n' logo visible, it's not an nbus.

Is that the case?

Westy

Quote from: DJ on May 21, 2022, 10:15:46 AMYou can get 1 and 4 week nBus tickets on the NXWM app though, it's worth keeping that in mind, as it can be a valid ticket despite being on the NX app.

I had noticed, the next stop down from me, a lady used to get on the bus with a phone app, that showed a big WM in the middle of the screen, which I guess is supposed to show the difference between NX only & TfWM enabled pass.

She regulary had trouble getting the Chaserider driver to accept it was a valid pass.

(Keep in mind, back in the pandemic days & I started to catch the Diamond 326 to Willenhall, due to job change, plus I couldn't renew my normal pass, so I ended up having a daliy NBus Walsall ticket instead, which gave me the option to come back via Walsall if needed. Note said ticket is printed on Diamond branded paper, but does say NBus on it.

Also note, when showing the NX driver on the 529 etc, pointing out & saying it was an Nbus ticket despite it being on Diamond branded paper, made no difference.

Going back to my issue, when I came back on the 326 to Bloxwich, no problem, but there was normally an Arriva 2 that went down my road, not long after the 326 got to Bloxwich, so I thought, save the walk & catch the bus.

Gets on the 2 & shows the driver the ticket.

'Not valid here mate'

'It's an Nbus'

He eventually let me on, but most of the time I ended up getting off the 326 the stop before, by the railway station, & walking along Elmore Green Road instead! I did have a moan to both Arriva & TfWM about it at the time, but got nowhere. 'It's just one of those things' !)

Back to the lady previously mentioned.

I've now noticed she's now started paying for a Nbus ticket with cash, so either she's had a change in routine like me, or got fed up of explaining to the Chaserider driver about the validity of her pass.

I still think Cannock drivers have a problem recognising a valid NBus ticket, unless it's on their own branding.

If there is a Cannock driver on here, who would like to comment, I would like to hear the reply.

BusMan Greg

Got 162 into Cannock this morning on a 70. Only been back in service a few days. Got a lot faster since I last went on it lol

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on May 23, 2022, 07:31:26 AMGot 162 into Cannock this morning on a 70. Only been back in service a few days. Got a lot faster since I last went on it lol
I was on that last year when it broke down on m6 island on way to wolves, then it got started again after about 15 mins limped into wolves then expired and got towed. Think its been out of use for nearly a year 🤣

Jamie A

Former Centrebus 669 is now Painted into Chaserider livery 

Westy

Chaserider pushing the Lichfield Bower on Facebook, bearing in mind, the Saturday (2 days earlier than normal, as the actual end of May/start of June Bank Holidays this year are Thursday & Friday, due to the Platinum Jubilee!), they are actually operating on the Saturday, unlike the other 3 days, so people(well most people!) can use public transport to get there.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Is it true that 162, 166, 167 & 168 all have USB power now? 

Also what's going on with 555?

Bob

Quote from: BusManStephen on May 25, 2022, 08:09:03 AMIs it true that 162, 166, 167 & 168 all have USB power now?

Also what's going on with 555?
162 and 168 at least already had it 

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Bob on May 25, 2022, 08:31:25 AM162 and 168 at least already had it
Did it ever work? lol

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on May 25, 2022, 08:37:44 AMDid it ever work? lol
Not sure lol. Has 555 disappeared then? 99 aint been out in over a month lol

Westy

Mark Fitchew's latest blog has details of his trip on some of the affected services. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk