News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Other Operators / Re: Chaserider
Last post by Bob - Yesterday at 09:37:21 PM
Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 09:05:40 PMWould Chaserider accept Nbus between Walsall and Lichfield if I have it issued on an NXWM bus If not how much would an Adult Daysaver or Return from Walsall to Lichfield be
Errrm like 2 pound there 2 pound back like most fqres in the country. Used to get annbus on X51 inCannock but everytine i askfor one now the ticket says Daysaver Extra...not a clue what that even is
Garage threads / Re: Walsall Garage
Last post by Stu - Yesterday at 09:36:17 PM
Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 01, 2024, 06:26:02 PMOn Saturday I will be travelling to Lichfield getting the bus there is fine 12:00 8 to Lichfield, coming back 17:42 or 18:17 I know the 8 takes an hour is there any quicker Buses that I could get on that meet the number 8 does the 10 meet if so is there much difference. I would check Bustimes but I don't know if the Number 10 does meet the Number 8 at all.
Just use the TfWM Journey Planner or Google Maps, that will show you the best way to get back.

Other Operators / Re: Chaserider
Last post by BlackCountryBusSpotter - Yesterday at 09:05:40 PM
Would Chaserider accept Nbus between Walsall and Lichfield if I have it issued on an NXWM bus If not how much would an Adult Daysaver or Return from Walsall to Lichfield be
Last post by BlackCountryBusSpotter - Yesterday at 09:04:32 PM
Quote from: spacecowboy150 on Yesterday at 08:11:28 PMjs get it one way then, at least one way will be faster plus its a nice route
I would have to pay extra unless they accept Nbus
Last post by spacecowboy150 - Yesterday at 08:11:28 PM
Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 07:42:31 PMWouldn't run back at 6PM would it and I'll have to get NX services from Darlaston to Walsall and Ik Nbus is accepted on NX in Lichfield
js get it one way then, at least one way will be faster plus its a nice route
Last post by BlackCountryBusSpotter - Yesterday at 07:42:31 PM
Quote from: spacecowboy150 on Yesterday at 07:18:56 PMcould get the chaserider 36
Wouldn't run back at 6PM would it and I'll have to get NX services from Darlaston to Walsall and Ik Nbus is accepted on NX in Lichfield
Quote from: the trainbasher on Yesterday at 07:28:40 PMThis is TfWM policy, so would no doubt carry on, even if franchising was brought in. Personally, I feel that we need franchising, as it is near enough a Mobico-Rotala duopoly in the region, and franchising would bring in new companies to run services (see Manchester, where Comfortdelgro have won franchises and broken up the South Manchester monopoly Stagecoach has).

Franchising has killed every small operator in Manchester, even the good ones. Just vision left with a few school services, despite there being 'small franchises' deliberately offered to help them.
Quote from: the trainbasher on Yesterday at 07:28:40 PMThere's no proof that existing bus services would be withdrawn if franchising comes in, and then, by TfWM standards, any journey must have at least EIGHT passengers to provide a feeder service so users can interchange. If there are more than TEN per journey then where possible a direct facility is provided.
 In the built up area no one should be more than 400 metres from a bus service between 0700 and 1900 and within 700 metres other times. In areas of lower density, 700 metres standard applies. The above distances are reduced by 20% to 320 metres and 560 metres in areas of severe gradients or where a high proportion of elderly people or people with mobility difficulties reside.

This is TfWM policy, so would no doubt carry on, even if franchising was brought in. Personally, I feel that we need franchising, as it is near enough a Mobico-Rotala duopoly in the region, and franchising would bring in new companies to run services (see Manchester, where Comfortdelgro have won franchises and broken up the South Manchester monopoly Stagecoach has).

It will also allow for a cohesive approach, where local authorities and the franchising authority can introduce additional bus priority, knowing that the franchised routes can't be changed or cut at an operators whim (such as when Diamond tried to scrap the 226 and 002, 2 commercial routes)

Will it cost the taxpayer more or less? Or doesn't that matter?
QuoteThe problem with Franchising is a lot of local services currently run would also be withdrawn, what the Labour bloke hasn't factored in is the fact and I'll use Walsall as Midlands Today were there when the they reported on this is Roadworks and the fact all it takes is one motorway M6 or M5 to be screwed and all the A Roads become congested. I often wonder what people who moan expect the bus to do fly. Walsall alone the 529 which was mentioned for years has had J10 works these cause delays, this would also affect the 41 down Bloxwhich Lane. If the M6 at either J10, J9 or J8/7 is screwed this causes the A34, A454, A463, A461, A462, A4444, A4038 and countless other roads delays hence delaying the X51, 51, 34, 37, 39, 11, 11A, 529, 41 as traffic looks to Divert from the M6 along the A34 onto to say the A454 to get down to J9 or J10 this also delays the 79 in Darlaston. Then City Services are delayed by Metro Works.

As someone who has used mostly NX buses for the last 3 or 4 years they are more reliable than the Thandi 37 which ran every 20 minutes but disappeared often on Fridays. Other factors are the Tram when it was down it put more cars on the road and more people on the 79/74 the 79 would often start to get busy normally between Darlaston and Wolverhampton, it was often almost full by the time it reached Darlaston. The M5 and M6 cause West Brom buses to be delayed notably the 74. The 37 is being run by NX of Evening on tender and Commercially I believe during the day to cover for Thandi, NX only ran it between Darlaston and Willenhall. Under a franchise this and routes like the 310 and 65 could be scrapped.

The biggest issue is Councils and MP's almost destroying the bus services, the removal of the A34 flyover makes the X51 10 minutes longer and at Peak times stuck in Traffic. The constant approval of Roadworks at busy times. Last year The 79 was affected by 3 or 4 set of roadworks in Bilston within the space of a few weeks. Initially it was an overnight resurfacing Job on Mount Pleasant. Then they screwed that up so the A41 at the junction was down to Temporary Lights, then they moved these further down to near the Island for 5G City Fibre works then there was some by the Peugeot Garage the other side of that island not forgetting the roadworks they do in Hilltop or Wednesbury. This year has seen two lots of work in Wednesbury and some in Bilston. Willenhall has seen some. Franchising just causes more issues as Diamond might take on the 37 there might be Roadworks in Tividale making it late and then some in Willenhall.

Other issues include ASB on the 29, 69, 70, 70A, 37, 11 and other routes. This current Mayor isn't perfect in my eyes but Bus Fares are cheap, he has said the bus is the backbone which it is and has acknowledged that there needs to be better infrastructure in place
There's no proof that existing bus services would be withdrawn if franchising comes in, and then, by TfWM standards, any journey must have at least EIGHT passengers to provide a feeder service so users can interchange. If there are more than TEN per journey then where possible a direct facility is provided.
 In the built up area no one should be more than 400 metres from a bus service between 0700 and 1900 and within 700 metres other times. In areas of lower density, 700 metres standard applies. The above distances are reduced by 20% to 320 metres and 560 metres in areas of severe gradients or where a high proportion of elderly people or people with mobility difficulties reside.

This is TfWM policy, so would no doubt carry on, even if franchising was brought in. Personally, I feel that we need franchising, as it is near enough a Mobico-Rotala duopoly in the region, and franchising would bring in new companies to run services (see Manchester, where Comfortdelgro have won franchises and broken up the South Manchester monopoly Stagecoach has).

It will also allow for a cohesive approach, where local authorities and the franchising authority can introduce additional bus priority, knowing that the franchised routes can't be changed or cut at an operators whim (such as when Diamond tried to scrap the 226 and 002, 2 commercial routes)
National Express West Midlands / Re: Electric Buses
Last post by Stu - Yesterday at 07:20:17 PM
Quote from: Wba_lad on Yesterday at 04:39:35 PME014 and E016, both in the 50.
They (E400EVs, not just those particular two) often appear on most YW routes now (with the obvious exception of the 27 of course).
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk