News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in the Fens

Started by ellspurs, September 18, 2021, 06:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

What is the current deal with Stagecoach services in west Norfolk? I read that they used to have a garage in Lynn which had shut down.

There's a service 505 that runs between Spalding and Kings Lynn. They're in these buses that have the stagecoach livery, but in purple. They've rarely got a logo on them saying they're Stagecoach, as it's taken me quite a while to realise that it is a Stagecoach service. Any reason for this?

Ian Hardy

Quote from: ellspurs on September 18, 2021, 06:56:29 PM
What is the current deal with Stagecoach services in west Norfolk? I read that they used to have a garage in Lynn which had shut down.

There's a service 505 that runs between Spalding and Kings Lynn. They're in these buses that have the stagecoach livery, but in purple. They've rarely got a logo on them saying they're Stagecoach, as it's taken me quite a while to realise that it is a Stagecoach service. Any reason for this?
Stagecoach bought Norfolk Green when the owner Ben Colston wanted to retire and placed it under Stagecoach East, the only problem was that the operation was not profitable, so the Kings Lynn operation was closed and the routes were taken over by Lynx Bus.
The outstation at Long Sutton which operates the 505 was retained by Stagecoach and was transferred to Stagecoach East Midlands and it is now an outstation of Skegness depot.

The purple livery is Interconnect which is a partnership between Lincolnshire County Council and the bus operators. Interconnect is a network of interurban bus services across the county, these link with the Call Connect minibuses that serve the villages off the main roads: https://lincsbus.info/callconnect/. One of these interchanges is Long Sutton which is served by the 505 https://lincsbus.info/callconnect/callconnect-area-guides/callconnect-long-sutton/. You will note the main colour of the Call Connect website is purple, which is why a lot of Stagecoach buses in Lincolnshire are purple rather than the normal colours.

ellspurs

Ah, I see. Funnily enough when I was over there today, some of the single decker buses were about, and the purple ones I saw had actually got Stagecoach signs on them.

I've been in Long Sutton today but I can't see where the outpost would be. I only see the GDS travel depot, where you can see the ex-NXWM buses on Google.

stephen ford

MRK depot,  Lime Walk, Long Sutton.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk