News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

TWM livery & NXC livery & Refurbs

Started by 6013, August 02, 2013, 01:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: uniquicity on June 14, 2015, 01:45:03 PM
Bet it will look totally different in daylight. Bit early to be passing judgement yet

Both my photo, and Luke's on Facebook Nathan is referring to are a decent representation of the colours

uniquicity

I respect your opinions.

Change the gold to yellow and it would look like a Renault F1 car from the early 2000s ;)

arrifirststage

Quote from: Tony on June 14, 2015, 02:01:53 PM
Both my photo, and Luke's on Facebook Nathan is referring to are a decent representation of the colours

Older members (pre Edgeley-Cox) will remember Walsall having a two tone blue livery.
Put Walsall Corporation on the side and this will easily pass for a corporation bus......shows there's nothing new under the sun.

Gareth

It's ok, but I do prefer the WM version. In my head I had imagined that darker blue here would from the mid section, with an even darker shade for the top and bottom. I'm still not 100% sure on the gold relief! however I'm unsure what could be used instead. It's certainly a vast improvement on the current scheme. NX will have a very smart fleet soon and should be commended.

Sh4318

Actually can't believe these are going to Coventry @lauren1993 was right. These would be suitable for the 11/12
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

JoNi

The legacy Jimmy Hill left Coventry lives on! This livery layout seems to have consigned branding to sticking on labels. 4453 still looks excellent with the cream relief. Never mind Coventry's buses could be easily be red again by swapping buses with Birmingham, allowing them to have blue ones in return!

Mike K

I'm not 100% sold on this livery to be honest. Whilst agreeing that its a vast improvement on the current NXC livery (anything would be), I think the tasteful design suits darker colours such as the maroon / crimson much better.

CL

Quote from: Mike K on June 14, 2015, 09:09:01 PM
I'm not 100% sold on this livery to be honest. Whilst agreeing that its a vast improvement on the current NXC livery (anything would be), I think the tasteful design suits darker colours such as the maroon / crimson much better.
I really don't mind the shades of blue, it's the 'gold' stroke which deters me from this design, well, this livery. Perhaps if it were a darker blue, or maybe 'maroon' - it'll appeal to me, much more...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Gareth

The one big disadvantage of the new liveries, is that if a bus needs to be transferred, it will no longer be a quick front end repaint, but a whole new paint job.

don

I rather like the current NXC colours - however the new one looks very classy in the photo, much more so than I thought it would.

No doubt even more spectacular in the flesh in the same way the Crimson livery is. These liveries, to me, look classy, particularly combined with the gold lining and lettering.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Dennis

Quote from: JoNi on June 14, 2015, 07:49:15 PM
The legacy Jimmy Hill left Coventry lives on! This livery layout seems to have consigned branding to sticking on labels. 4453 still looks excellent with the cream relief. Never mind Coventry's buses could be easily be red again by swapping buses with Birmingham, allowing them to have blue ones in return!

What does Jimmy Hill have to do with the livery?

Mike K

Quote from: Dennis on June 15, 2015, 08:29:43 PM
What does Jimmy Hill have to do with the livery?

I believe his time at the club was known as the 'Sky Blue Revolution'.

JoNi

Mike K you got there quicker than me as I checked Wikipedia to make sure. Sky blue received further prominance in the city in the early 2000s when the newly elected Conservative council changed the council branding and city boundary signs to sky blue which still survive unlike the Tory council which was a "one hit wonder".

BK63 YWP

I think the new nxc livery looks alot better and smarter than the previous blue and white.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Solo1

Any news on when 4763 will enter
Service  & which  service will it be going
On to

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk