News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Year 2023 service changes Coventry

Started by JPC, November 26, 2022, 04:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stellasteve

Quote from: Stu on December 18, 2022, 04:55:01 PMRegarding this '51' service, I see there was a tender issued by TfWM for a 'new' 15 service, which was intended to replace the whole of the 1 as well as incorporating part of the commercial 5 being withdrawn by NXC.

So the question is 15 or 51? I can't see why Stagecoach would prefer to number it 51.
As far as I'm concerned it says 51 although the tender did say 15 if I remember correctly. It might be because it goes west then north, following direction of Nuneaton buses for a very short period instead of 15 which may be confused with Leamington 15 and similar to (x) 17/18 buses that go south. As with the Chemsley 71 being renumbered to 26 for the sunday evening journeys (I think) then it may be Stagecoach just trying to differentiate from NX numbers (14, 16 etc). I have a picture of the poster yet I am not entirely sure how/if you can attach images to the forum though.

paulb1973

Seems there is a part-replacement for the loss of the 3 between the Warwickshire Shopping park and UHCW.

Upcoming Bus Changes | Transport for West Midlands (tfwm.org.uk)  (See 3 'Arena to Warwickshire')

"NXWM withdrew journies from Warwickshire shopping park to University Hospital. Stagecoach Midlands 60 Warwick University to Arena Retail Park, funded by TfWM, will be re-routed to serve the withdrawn section of route 3 between Warwickshire Shopping Park and University Hospital"

Sandy Lane

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 20, 2022, 09:46:37 PMSeems there is a part-replacement for the loss of the 3 between the Warwickshire Shopping park and UHCW.

Upcoming Bus Changes | Transport for West Midlands (tfwm.org.uk)  (See 3 'Arena to Warwickshire')

"NXWM withdrew journies from Warwickshire shopping park to University Hospital. Stagecoach Midlands 60 Warwick University to Arena Retail Park, funded by TfWM, will be re-routed to serve the withdrawn section of route 3 between Warwickshire Shopping Park and University Hospital"
Good idea but will SC accept NXC Daysavers? If not travel starts to get expensive!

Rachvince53

No Stagecoach do not accept NXC tickets and vice versa. You would need an Nbus.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 21, 2022, 10:05:23 AMNo Stagecoach do not accept NXC tickets and vice versa. You would need an Nbus.
Thanks. How much is Nbus please?

Rachvince53

A NBus daysaver is £4.20 and is valid on virtually any bus in the West Midlands (plus certain additional areas).

However this can't be bought at present on Stagecoach buses although is accepted. If you are only using Stagecoach buses, then a Stagecoach Coventry daysaver is £4.00 and is valid within Coventry, Kenilworth and Bedworth.  (See Stagecoach website)  contact less payment now accepted.

Please note that Stagecoach do not accept Swift as Stagecoach Group have their own Smartcard for use on their services. 

Please also note that the price on the TfWM website appears wrong as it states the price to be £4.50 and cash only.

Hope this helps.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 21, 2022, 01:26:12 PMA NBus daysaver is £4.20 and is valid on virtually any bus in the West Midlands (plus certain additional areas).

However this can't be bought at present on Stagecoach buses although is accepted. If you are only using Stagecoach buses, then a Stagecoach Coventry daysaver is £4.00 and is valid within Coventry, Kenilworth and Bedworth.  (See Stagecoach website)  contact less payment now accepted.

Please note that Stagecoach do not accept Swift as Stagecoach Group have their own Smartcard for use on their services. 

Please also note that the price on the TfWM website appears wrong as it states the price to be £4.50 and cash only.

Hope this helps.

Thanks it does. Thanks. So Nbus is 20p more. Liveable. But with SC coming more into the West Mids surely they will be forced to sell Nbus tickets byTfWM.

MW

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 21, 2022, 05:33:35 PMThanks it does. Thanks. So Nbus is 20p more. Liveable. But with SC coming more into the West Mids surely they will be forced to sell Nbus tickets byTfWM.

Stagecoach already sell nbus tickets. Not sure where this claim that they do not sell them as come from.

ellspurs

The new Stagecoach "26" service appears to be a 71.

stellasteve

Quote from: MW on December 21, 2022, 06:01:07 PMhttps://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/midlands/n-network-multi-operator-tickets

^ just to reiterate my point.
Seems like most drivers don't understand how to use a ticket machine then! I have tried to purchase an nBus on the 48C, 55, 56, 60 and 82 before but the driver just let me on in 4 of the instances. Hopefully now they have more routes then the ticket machines/drivers can be corrected/educated respectively as I assume there will be many more encounters with the ticket.

Stu

Quote from: MW on December 21, 2022, 05:59:15 PMStagecoach already sell nbus tickets. Not sure where this claim that they do not sell them as come from.
I agree, if Stagecoach are operating services under contract to TfWM then they should be selling, as well as accepting, nBus and nNetwork tickets.

They should also be accepting Swift as a payment method.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

midlandred2003

I notice the last two at night finish at Castle Vale I wonder if they will use the depot just up the road used for commonwealth games?

MW

Quote from: Stu on December 21, 2022, 06:51:29 PMI agree, if Stagecoach are operating services under contract to TfWM then they should be selling, as well as accepting, nBus and nNetwork tickets.

They should also be accepting Swift as a payment method.

They are. I've accepted Stagecoach issued nbus tickets on my bus before.

The issue is probably down to lack of driver training as mentioned above.

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 20, 2022, 09:46:37 PMStagecoach Midlands 60 Warwick University to Arena Retail Park, funded by TfWM, will be re-routed to serve the withdrawn section of route 3 between Warwickshire Shopping Park and University Hospital"

This re-routed 60 will most likely occur on Mon-Sat daytime journeys only and will add a few minutes to the journey, however we could possibly see the awkward stop at Whitley Business Park (also only served Mon-Sat daytime) dropped from the route to compensate this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk