News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry services

Started by Sandy Lane, May 04, 2022, 09:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

I think there are 2 Diamond services in Coventry at the mo.
42 Brownshill Green
89 Solihull / Meriden

Taking over the Johnsons 87 Solihull / Balsall Common this month bumps it up to 3.

Wonder if there are any plans to have another go at the X30.

GoldenSquid

Wouldn't it be 4, with the X20 as well.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

MW

X30 is a contracted service (subsidised by "Homes England" according to bustimes) 

I do wonder whether Diamond will open a new depot in the East Birmingham or Solihull/Coventry areas in the near future given the increased presence in these areas. Lots of dead mileage from Tividale & Redditch.

JPC

If you bear in mind a considerable portion of the former Claribels services were won by a 'third party' operator namely NX, it might be potentially up in the air what is actually going to happen with the Johnsons bus services, the TfWM subsidised services could be out for tender and may have changes instigated, cost cutting opportunities taken etc. - of course most of us don't know the ins and outs of the sale of each individual business. It's just a waiting game now.

Warwickshire however have hinted they are hoping for a seamless operator change only - existing routes and timetables maintained.

Tony

The difference with Claribels was all their tendered work was due to expire on the date of sale anyway, so was already up for tender. I would imagine TfWM and WCC will be happy if Diamond accept the current terms for tendered work as it is likely if they were cancelled and tendered the price would be higher

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 04, 2022, 09:51:39 PMI think there are 2 Diamond services in Coventry at the mo.
42 Brownshill Green
89 Solihull / Meriden

Taking over the Johnsons 87 Solihull / Balsall Common this month bumps it up to 3.

Wonder if there are any plans to have another go at the X30.

So back to just 2 services in Coventry. 42 and 89.
 the 89 Contract with TFWM has been extended until 24/09/22.

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on August 25, 2022, 08:43:31 AMSo back to just 2 services in Coventry. 42 and 89.
 the 89 Contract with TFWM has been extended until 24/09/22.
That's changed again, as it previously said on the Diamond website that the contract was extended until 31st December, same as for the 34 and 424.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk