News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond South East (formerly Hallmark Connections / Hotel Hoppa)

Started by winston, August 04, 2018, 02:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: ellspurs on February 11, 2023, 04:10:08 AMOn this, Diamond South East stop operating the service after today. I have looked to see if there is another operator taking over it, but neither bustimes nor Traveline list anything. Diamond's tweets tell you to refer to Oxfordshire County Council website which doesn't appear to be aware of the route withdrawal.
I have checked on both Stagecoach Oxfordshire and Oxford Bus Company websites as well and neither operator states a replacement service will be provided. However the existing Stagecoach S5 service partly covers the route and it looks like other sections will be covered by Grayline Coaches service 24 with effect from Monday 13th February.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 11, 2023, 09:08:26 AMI have checked on both Stagecoach Oxfordshire and Oxford Bus Company websites as well and neither operator states a replacement service will be provided. However the existing Stagecoach S5 service partly covers the route and it looks like other sections will be covered by Grayline Coaches service 24 with effect from Monday 13th February.

The Omnibus Society's Eastern & Southern Branch Bulletin for February reports that Red Rose will be running 250 between Bicester and Lower Heyford, but Mon-Fri only.  This and the 24 are the (part) replacements for Diamond 250.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Justin Tyme on February 11, 2023, 03:54:01 PMThe Omnibus Society's Eastern & Southern Branch Bulletin for February reports that Red Rose will be running 250 between Bicester and Lower Heyford, but Mon-Fri only.  This and the 24 are the (part) replacements for Diamond 250.
I have checked both the Red Rose website and VOSA and neither mention the registration of a service 250. I of course except that this may not be up to date. The only new registration is for the 24 I mentioned in my comment.

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 11, 2023, 06:00:35 PMI have checked both the Red Rose website and VOSA and neither mention the registration of a service 250. I of course except that this may not be up to date. The only new registration is for the 24 I mentioned in my comment.
It has  been registered as route 25. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Rachvince53

Quote from: 2206 on February 11, 2023, 06:04:05 PMIt has  been registered as route 25.
That's why I couldn't find it, however the timetable is not yet on the Red Rose website. Hopefully this will be rectified ASAP since it starts Monday. 

markcf83

No idea what Streetlite 32321 was doing in deepest North London today,but I saw it at Wood Green just before 9am. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Rachvince53

Quote from: markcf83 on February 12, 2023, 06:42:28 PMNo idea what Streetlite 32321 was doing in deepest North London today,but I saw it at Wood Green just before 9am.
Rail replacement or temporary loan to Diamond South East perhaps?

winston

markcf83

Quote from: winston on February 12, 2023, 10:15:23 PM32321 is allocated to Diamond SE
I'm aware of that-even more so given I saw it in Kingston when checking my records at home last night with eyelids effectively propped up by matchsticks......

markcf83

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 12, 2023, 09:35:51 PMRail replacement or temporary loan to Diamond South East perhaps?
It was blinded for a rail replacement service, though for whom I have no idea as the East Coast main line is a quarter of a mile away at Alexander Palace.

Rachvince53

Quote from: markcf83 on February 13, 2023, 08:45:02 PMIt was blinded for a rail replacement service, though for whom I have no idea as the East Coast main line is a quarter of a mile away at Alexander Palace.
HS2? Perhaps route learning in case the HS2 doesn't go to Central London?!

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on February 13, 2023, 08:43:25 PMI'm aware of that-even more so given I saw it in Kingston when checking my records at home last night with eyelids effectively propped up by matchsticks......
I was replying to Rachvince53 comments above my post, but forgot to quote it. 

markcf83

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 13, 2023, 08:54:10 PMHS2? Perhaps route learning in case the HS2 doesn't go to Central London?!
That'll run from Euston. Ally Pally is on the East Coast main line, which runs from King's Cross.

Damo

The "UB1UB2 Southall" Twitter page has posted a video of what appears to be a Diamond Streetdeck post-decapitation under a railway bridge in Staines. The single deck route 458 comes under here normally, but it's believed this was on rail replacement.

https://twitter.com/UB1UB2/status/1644771125543731200

Rachvince53

Vehicle involved appears to be 40714(SL16YPH), a Wright Streetdeck and one of only two double deckers at Diamond South East.  
(Info from bustimes.org fleet list)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk