News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala New Vehicle Order?

Started by EK40, March 04, 2023, 04:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK40

I have been told that rotala has (agreed to) acquire
a total of
60 MCV eVoRas
35 of which are 12.1m
25 are 10.8m
all e6 diesel B8RLEs
and two 10.8m streetlites both e6 diesels

seen this in multiple bus communities but havent found much on it so take this with a grain of salt, and no confirmation of where they may go either.

Tony

Quote from: EK40 on March 04, 2023, 04:51:56 PMI have been told that rotala has (agreed to) acquire
a total of
60 MCV eVoRas
35 of which are 12.1m
25 are 10.8m
all e6 diesel B8RLEs

seen this in multiple bus communities but havent found much on it so take this with a grain of salt, and no confirmation of where they may go either.

Yes, correct 

winston

Quote from: EK40 on March 04, 2023, 04:51:56 PMI have been told that rotala has (agreed to) acquire
a total of
60 MCV eVoRas
35 of which are 12.1m
25 are 10.8m
all e6 diesel B8RLEs

The eVoRas are all for Diamond North West (Eccles Depot) for the 7 Small Franchises won
by Rotala in TfGM Tranche 1. They will be joined by 8 x new Double Deckers - still to be ordered.

The 35 x 12.1m will be 37 seaters + 2 wheelchair spaces

The 25 x 10.8m will be 25 seaters + 2 wheelchair spaces

The extra 2 Streetlites will be for Tividale

the trainbasher

MCVs for Rotala? The last ones they had new were the Evolutions that WM had wasn't they?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

markcf83

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 05, 2023, 09:33:03 PMMCVs for Rotala? The last ones they had new were the Evolutions that WM had wasn't they?
Think you're right. Weren't they exported to New Zealand?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

hlliwmai

Quote from: markcf83 on March 05, 2023, 09:41:15 PMThink you're right. Weren't they exported to New Zealand?

Yes as I recall @Simon's brother Scott bought them for his company "Telfords" although I don't think he owns the company now

winston

Quote from: hlliwmai on March 05, 2023, 11:01:11 PMYes as I recall @Simon's brother Scott bought them for his company "Telfords" although I don't think he owns the company now
No, Scott Dunn & Telford Tours are based in Australia, Rotala's MAN / MCV's were sold to Transit Group, New Zealand

hlliwmai

Quote from: winston on March 05, 2023, 11:37:31 PMNo, Scott Dunn & Telford Tours are based in Australia, Rotala's MAN / MCV's were sold to Transit Group, New Zealand

Thanks for clarification @winston I obviously mistakenly thought that they had gone to his company 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk