News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Plc

Started by winston, March 26, 2015, 08:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Further article on the back on the above FY results / interview & potential opportunities for Rotala should Arriva sale proceed:
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-6924093/SMALL-CAP-IDEAS-Ambitious-bus-group-Rotala-looks-ready-market-heads-shake-up.html

metrocity

Solo1

How many bus firms in Manchester is now rotala owned
I make it go Goodwin's slt. First Bolton now not sure if any more

winston

Quote from: metrocity on June 27, 2019, 07:03:51 AM
Latest acquisition in Manchester confirmed this morning

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/ROL/14126167.html

Interesting to note that Rotala are expecting the Cap Ex to replace the 125 leased First buses over a two year period to be £26 million i.e. £208k average / per bus.

midlandred2003

Not surprised diamond have acquired Bolton, Transdev for Oldham?

markcf83

The rumour is that First will retain Oldham and run it with the neighbouring West Yorkshire business.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

mikestone

Rotala are apparently  only acquiring the commercial work. Tendered services, including Vantage, are not included.

winston

Quote from: mikestone on June 27, 2019, 11:36:06 AM
Rotala are apparently  only acquiring the commercial work. Tendered services, including Vantage, are not included.

You wouldn't want to take on the Vantage contract on the terms that First agreed.

metrocity

Quote from: Winston on June 27, 2019, 08:49:58 AM
Interesting to note that Rotala are expecting the Cap Ex to replace the 125 leased First buses over a two year period to be £26 million i.e. £208k average / per bus.
Based on that figure I suspect the majority of replacement buses will be deckers?

winston

Quote from: metrocity on June 27, 2019, 01:39:26 PM
Based on that figure I suspect the majority of replacement buses will be deckers?

Assuming the passenger numbers still justify deckers, I'd expect so.

markcf83

I'm guessing here, but as the Enviro double deckers and E300's are not that old, they'll be staying put. I would also guess that the Volvo single deckers will be leased and possibly the Volvo double deckers, bar the Vantage vehicles.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on June 27, 2019, 04:22:48 PM
I'm guessing here, but as the Enviro double deckers and E300's are not that old, they'll be staying put. I would also guess that the Volvo single deckers will be leased and possibly the Volvo double deckers, bar the Vantage vehicles.

As Manchester are going Euro 6 as well soon, I suspect the 125 leased vehicles will include all the E400's / B9TL's etc which will return to First and be cascaded around the group. Rotala now prefer to buy new brand Micro Hybrids as opposed to upgrading existing vehicles to meet Euro 6 as per NX.

The E300's are based at Oldham.

winston

Wumpty

Quote from: Winston on January 27, 2020, 03:56:51 PM
Trading Statement from this morning:
http://otp.investis.com/clients/uk/rotala/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=182&newsid=1361088

This is really pleasing to read - in the current economic climate and the collapse of Halton Transport (for various reasons), it's great to see a operator with a clear strategy expanding and making a profit. Excellent work by @Simon Dunn and the Rotala team again.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk