News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

FixMyTransport to close down

Started by Stu, February 16, 2015, 07:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

FixMyTransport, a website where users can make complaints about their local public transport, is to close down in March, unless someone is willing to step in and take over.

https://www.mysociety.org/2015/01/29/fixmytransport-needs-a-new-owner/

I was involved with this project for a period of time as a volunteer 'anorak', assisting and advising users with issues mainly in the West Midlands area, but had to give it up due to limited free time. The main problem the site had, was in being unable to keep up with the various service changes due to network reviews in the area. Within a year, the route data for the West Midlands area had become badly outdated, with many new routes introduced, others revised, and others withdrawn, thus making it useless in our area. No doubt the same problem also existed in other areas.

I hope someone can be found to take it over and devote the time required to redevelop the site in order to keep it more up-to-date and accurate, as I believe the principal behind it is sound. So if anyone knows anyone up for the challenge, put them in touch with MySociety and help save FixMyTransport!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bryan

Not a site that I have come across before.

A website with good intentions, but is its failure due to a lack of finance and support?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk