News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandil

I've given this some further thought, and I'm just hoping that no 'County Links' Solos aren't used on the 16.*
These don't even have 'Kenilworth' on their blinds, so have had to display a yellow blank for 16's terminating at Kenilworth, and will no doubt have to do the same for Willenhall/Binley.

It will be even more confusing in Coventry City Centre if a 16 displaying a blank rocks up -- particularly as the 16's in two directions often are timetabled to arrive and leave there at pretty much the same time.
It is good that different bus stops are used in the two directions on the whole, but again this could be (an unavoidable) source of confusion.

* On that subject, I have had a look through some fleet lists and can't find any such vehicles at either Leamington or Stratford.
Maybe they have moved on somewhere -- does anyone know?

Cheese

Quote from: Valandil on April 21, 2014, 07:22:31 PM
I've given this some further thought, and I'm just hoping that no 'County Links' Solos aren't used on the 16.*
These don't even have 'Kenilworth' on their blinds, so have had to display a yellow blank for 16's terminating at Kenilworth, and will no doubt have to do the same for Willenhall/Binley.

It will be even more confusing in Coventry City Centre if a 16 displaying a blank rocks up -- particularly as the 16's in two directions often are timetabled to arrive and leave there at pretty much the same time.
It is good that different bus stops are used in the two directions on the whole, but again this could be (an unavoidable) source of confusion.

* On that subject, I have had a look through some fleet lists and can't find any such vehicles at either Leamington or Stratford.
Maybe they have moved on somewhere -- does anyone know?

Think 47028 is the only CountyLinks Solo left and that is withdrawn pending return to WCC.

Valandil

Quote from: Cheese on April 21, 2014, 08:26:44 PMThink 47028 is the only CountyLinks Solo left and that is withdrawn pending return to WCC.

Many thanks for that: I hope it has a good future, whatever its finds itself doing next.

JoNi

Checked in Pool Meadow this morning no new timetable leaflets available yet!!

Valandil

Quote from: JoNi on April 24, 2014, 11:34:57 AM
Checked in Pool Meadow this morning no new timetable leaflets available yet!!

Same old, same old!

OH25

10033 was on the X17 to Leamington
I didn't know if this was unusual or not but judging from the branding and the fact the X17 doesn't go to Sydenham I'm guessing it is

Valandil

Quote from: OH25 on April 24, 2014, 11:16:04 PM
10033 was on the X17 to Leamington
I didn't know if this was unusual or not but judging from the branding and the fact the X17 doesn't go to Sydenham I'm guessing it is

Yep, that's unusual! -- or at least it is for most workings.
It is however usual for this to appear on the Sunday-only U17.

JoNi

No new bus stop flags/ timetable panels have been put up for Stagecoach ' s introduction of route X16 to replace NXC 27.
I saw a Stagecoach Dart in the city centre full of staff in hi vi ' s this morning presumably out route learning.

Valandil

Quote from: JoNi on April 27, 2014, 01:46:12 PM
No new bus stop flags/ timetable panels have been put up for Stagecoach ' s introduction of route X16 to replace NXC 27.
I saw a Stagecoach Dart in the city centre full of staff in hi vi ' s this morning presumably out route learning.

So there is no bus stop information, no map on Stagecoach's website, no map (or even timetable) on the Network West Midlands website, and no information available at Pool Meadow.
So we still have no idea precisely what the route will be.

I imagine that there may be some information at Stagecoach's Leamington depot, but who in Coventry would think to go there or even know where the depot is?

These sorts of problems have been getting worse for years, and it is of course the public who loses out most.
(Companies may experience a small dip in revenue initially compared with what they could get).

JoNi

A friend got me a Stagecoach timetable for the X16 from Stagecoach's office in Leamington. It's going to do an a to clockwise loop in Willenhall terminating at the "precinct". Most journeys will continue back to the city, but some will go round the loop again after layover.

Valandil

Quote from: JoNi on April 27, 2014, 06:16:57 PM
A friend got me a Stagecoach timetable for the X16 from Stagecoach's office in Leamington. It's going to do an a to clockwise loop in Willenhall terminating at the "precinct". Most journeys will continue back to the city, but some will go round the loop again after layover.

Thanks for that.
If it's not too much trouble, could you describe the route the X16 will take in Whitley? (e.g. is it to serve the estate including Abbey Road, and will it use Chace Avenue / Dunsmore Avenue?)
No worries if you aren't able to do that -- all will become clear at some point hopefully.

JPC

Quote from: Valandil on April 27, 2014, 06:51:33 PM
Quote from: JoNi on April 27, 2014, 06:16:57 PM

Thanks for that.
If it's not too much trouble, could you describe the route the X16 will take in Whitley? (e.g. is it to serve the estate including Abbey Road, and will it use Chace Avenue / Dunsmore Avenue?)
No worries if you aren't able to do that -- all will become clear at some point hopefully.

With the exception of the main City centre stopping location it follows the 27 route between City Centre and Remembrance Rd then a anti-clockwise loop covering St James Lane, Yarningale Rd, Middle Ride and St James Lane back to Remembrance Rd for return towards City.
Yeah that going around the loop twice is odd but I suppose is so the through service towards Stratford runs at a specific time... and there isn't a turning facility in the vicinity of the 'Precinct' but knowing Stagecoach they will cheat and go via Robin Hood Road. ;D

JoNi

Seen tridents with X16 Willenhall via Kenilworth on destination displays today. Pretty certain there were journeys operated by Olympians too, despite low trees in Abbey Road.

The 08:09 journey to Park & Ride only was an X17/X19 branded Dart which correctly displayed Park & Ride X16.

:D

As I got on the 16 at University, and it was changed to X16 few stops later by the driver putting "X16" note on windscreen and taking a short detour into a car park.

Valandil

Quote from: :D on April 28, 2014, 10:56:38 PM
As I got on the 16 at University, and it was changed to X16 few stops later by the driver putting "X16" note on windscreen and taking a short detour into a car park.

Classic Stagecoach!
At least they now tend to use printed service numbers, instead of their old habit of using a service number drawn using a thin pen, which no-one can read from any kind of distance!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk