News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

If NX aren't going to reinstate the stops on Harborne Lane, will they at least get new ones put in for the X20/X21 to serve the Selly Oak Shopping Park? It's already very busy and there's still more shops to come. Seems silly to me to skip past it.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

What about for the AG 5 on Wake Green Road between Springfield Road and College Road? It seems quite stupid no new stops installed as that's quite a long section and people seem to be walking quite a distance who use it on that section to get to a stop.

V89MOA

tfwm can't even keep the stops they have now up to date, let alone adding more onto the system!

MasterPlan

Can anybody explain why the X20s seem to have moved stop on Smallbrook Queensway to the 23/24 stop?

paul0147

Does anybody know if the tempoary bus stop by the NIA car park heading town direction is in use or is it just outbound stop in use? I've been told by an X8 driver it's not for them. Thanks in advance :)

Jack

So the Hatfield Road stop outbound has had a new shelter, yet the flag is still displaying 52 and 52A! I reported this two weeks back and yet nothing has happened, well done TfWM.

TT90

X7 is almost a month old and still no stops sited between Smethwick and City Hospital along Heath Street and Cranston Street. It's a long way without a stop.

Planning issues perhaps causing a delay ?

Ginger66

Quote from: TT90 on September 29, 2018, 11:41:14 PM
X7 is almost a month old and still no stops sited between Smethwick and City Hospital along Heath Street and Cranston Street. It's a long way without a stop.

Prehaps its limited stop.   I know theres stops outside old college in smethwick then nexts ones are on oldbury road outside train station then kwik save

Smethwickian

It's Cranford Street, not Cranston, TT90.
It is limited stop, ginger66, but the September 2 timetable leaflet's list of stops said new ones were to be installed on Heath Street and/or Cranford Street, without specifying exactly where.
One near all the new housing opposite the rear north end of the new hospital would make sense.

Solo1

Aren't the bus stops down to network wm to fit

Kevin

Personally don't think there's any need for stops along there. It's almost like saying there's a huge stretch of the Small Heath bypass with no stops
I was kinda under the impression that the X7 was registered as a flexible route so it can use the 87 route if that's quicker
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

Quote from: Kevin on October 01, 2018, 09:06:15 AM
Personally don't think there's any need for stops along there. It's almost like saying there's a huge stretch of the Small Heath bypass with no stops
I was kinda under the impression that the X7 was registered as a flexible route so it can use the 87 route if that's quicker

It is a flexible route, but only between Galton Bridge and Rolfe Street. It can either use the high street or the dual carriageway.

Heath St and Cranford St is the registered route. However, I agree that no stops are required. Ideally the route should continue all the way down the dual carriageway. However the regent st stop is needed fpr the Rolfe Street and High Street connection.

MasterPlan

Will there ever been an actual stop put in by Westmere, Edgebaston Park Road outbound? As it is people just stand in that general area.

Quote from: MasterPlan on October 01, 2018, 07:16:50 PM
Will there ever been an actual stop put in by Westmere, Edgebaston Park Road outbound? As it is people just stand in that general area.
The Birmingham bound stop says "And Opposite" on the flag, this means you can hail the bus on the other side of the road and get on there even though there is no bus stop there.
There are a few other examples on the 58/S16 routes - one is Gilberston Avenue, Gothem Road (located just of the Coventry Road).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on October 01, 2018, 07:23:44 PM
The Birmingham bound stop says "And Opposite" this means you can hail the bus on the other side of the road thought there is no stop there.
There are a few other examples on the 58/S16 routes - one is Gilberston Avenue, Gothem Road (located just of the Coventry Road).

Ah fair enough, I didn't know that as I've never been at that stop. Still though, surely an actual stop would be better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk