News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Introduction of gold buses on X17

Started by JoNi, August 24, 2013, 09:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 4566

Without totally hijacking the topic, Stagecoach have invested well in northampton and theres an immediately noticeable difference on routes that stagecoach have taken over from First ie, passenger numbers have shot up on routes like the 2, well that was from two days worth of observations anyway, clearly id best go and get pictures of the majority of the fleet before the clearout of rubbish

Valandil

It seems that drivers aren't that fond of the new vehicles!
Apparently the cabs are tiny.

Valandil

Some of the new timetables seem to be built into http://warwickshiretravel.co.uk/ now.
(I still can't get X77 and X19 on there).

The extra 16's depart Coventry at 0823 (arriving at Kenilworth at 0854), 1013 (arr. 1044), then every hour until 1413 (arr. 1444), then 1540 (arr. 1613).
And depart Kenilworth at 0737 (arriving at Coventry at 0806), 0925 (arr. 0951), 1047 (arr. 1118), then every hour until 1440 (arr. approx 1518), then 1638 (1704).
It seems that these 16's will be going via Leyes Lane, like the X17, but will not be going around the university loop: an odd choice of route from what I can see (can anyone explain?)
There will have to be interworking.

Some of the present journeys are also slightly modified.
Some details of the X17/X77 are also given on http://news.warwickshire.gov.uk/blog/2013/10/18/bus-service-gives-jaguar-land-rover-workers-even-more-transport-options/.

D10

Great news that access to the JLR is to be improved by bus.

I believe that this was promised by the Council and JLR as part of their commitment to improve Public Transport to the plant as part of their application for Government funding for the improvements to M40 Junction 12 and the B4551/B4100 roads around JLR.

Valandil

Timetables galore!

X17/X19/X77 timetable:

16 timetable:

(NB The observations I made above based on the 'travel planner' seem to be wrong: the route is the same as the current 16's, just terminating short. If only the times were just a bit earlier, then it might be useful for both people in Coventry and Kenilworth who need to be at Warwick Uni on the hour! 2 minutes past is no good for them!)

X17/X19 map:

Tony

Quote from: Ashley 4566 on October 22, 2013, 01:25:02 PM
Without totally hijacking the topic, Stagecoach have invested well in northampton and theres an immediately noticeable difference on routes that stagecoach have taken over from First ie, passenger numbers have shot up on routes like the 2, well that was from two days worth of observations anyway, clearly id best go and get pictures of the majority of the fleet before the clearout of rubbish

The new batch of Enviro 200s for Northampton are going to be 37038-37074

Valandil

Confusingly, the short 16 journeys display 'University' as their destination.
So they depart the University, towards Kenilworth, displaying 'University'.
If they want to get staff and students of the University to use the service, they need to modify the times so that they arrive before the hour and depart after -- the current 02 minutes past is of use for neither!

Valandil

Further changes to the 16/16a/16x from January:

PD0000479/216 - MIDLAND RED (SOUTH) LTD T/A STAGECOACH MIDLANDS, MAIN ROAD, FAR COTTON, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8ES

Variation Accepted: Operating between Coventry and Stratford given service number 16A/16/16X effective from 06-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.

:D

Quote from: Valandil on November 08, 2013, 07:08:55 PM
Confusingly, the short 16 journeys display 'University' as their destination.
So they depart the University, towards Kenilworth, displaying 'University'.
If they want to get staff and students of the University to use the service, they need to modify the times so that they arrive before the hour and depart after -- the current 02 minutes past is of use for neither!
Yup, I got screwed over by this once, I was going towards the university but I'd missed the stop so I thought I'd stay on so it goes around the loop and back out to the bus stop I've missed but instead it started going towards Kenilworth.

Any information on Jan 6th bus timetable changes?

Valandil

Not yet, but I'll keep my eyes out!
I had a very useful email from someone at Stagecoach Midlands yesterday, and it seems that the times of the 16(a/x) are to stay as they are in this set of changes.
The shorts do interwork with the X17/X19, and the times of the X17/X19 have been agreed with lots of important organisations, so are pretty much set in stone, for the time being at least.

For staff and students, the whole "getting to Warwick campus at 02 minutes past the hour in both directions" thing isn't great: it's not useful for either getting there for the hour or leaving after the hour (unless you can run to the main bus stop in 2 minutes).
I'm not surprised that the 16's are usually virtually empty, despite having potential for those coming from Coventry, the Rail Station and Kenilworth to/from the university.

JoNi

Seen buses displaying "16 Kenilworth" in the last week.

Valandil

Really?
I have still yet to see any short 16 displaying Kenilworth.
Here is one displaying 'University' yesterday:

JoNi

Yes took a pic of X17/X19 branded 36947 showing "16 Kenilworth" this morning.

:D

Quote from: JoNi on November 26, 2013, 12:59:31 PM
Yes took a pic of X17/X19 branded 36947 showing "16 Kenilworth" this morning.
I can confirm, I was on it today.

Quote from: Valandil on November 20, 2013, 08:19:04 PM
Not yet, but I'll keep my eyes out!
I had a very useful email from someone at Stagecoach Midlands yesterday, and it seems that the times of the 16(a/x) are to stay as they are in this set of changes.
The shorts do interwork with the X17/X19, and the times of the X17/X19 have been agreed with lots of important organisations, so are pretty much set in stone, for the time being at least.

For staff and students, the whole "getting to Warwick campus at 02 minutes past the hour in both directions" thing isn't great: it's not useful for either getting there for the hour or leaving after the hour (unless you can run to the main bus stop in 2 minutes).
I'm not surprised that the 16's are usually virtually empty, despite having potential for those coming from Coventry, the Rail Station and Kenilworth to/from the university.

Most lectures finish at 5 minutes to an hour and I've caught the xx:02 but I do agree it isn't useful. Although it was nearly always late, so I actually got to use it more than I would have if the bus was on time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk