News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: MX05WHR-Enjoyer on October 11, 2023, 07:06:49 PMProbably would have cost more money to do that, the bus is still theoretically psvar and can go out on service. I dont know if diamond converted it to single door, but if they did diamond arent quite known to spend extra money on things.
No Diamond didn't convert it, they have only just purchased them

EK40

Quote from: Westy on October 11, 2023, 06:51:06 PMWould've thought after removing the extra door, the dealer/whoever would've got the bus interior realigned?

normally they do have the interior re-aligned (and refurbished) but little gem seemed to have went for the cheapest option for their conversion which was basically removing the door and throwing an out of place window over it which isnt too out of fashion for them considering they had a gemini 1 one going for years around with a top front window taped up with black duct taped after it got smashed lol

winston

Quote from: MX05WHR-Enjoyer on October 11, 2023, 07:06:49 PMProbably would have cost more money to do that, the bus is still theoretically psvar and can go out on service. I dont know if diamond converted it to single door, but if they did diamond arent quite known to spend extra money on things.
Goodwins converted them to single door before they entered service with Little Gem. 
They were clearly done on a budget, as they didn't even bother to remove the interior box housing the door gear for the centre doors. 

Ash

New 4/4H timetable from 5th November in partnership with NXWM. Looks like diamond will operate the 4H and NX 4M and share the 4s between West Brom and Walsall. Combined frequency of every 5 mins between Walsall and West Bromwich 

ellspurs

I saw a 96 on Sunday (the purple one with the Diamond Jubilee wrap), and on the side bar it said "via Old Oscott". 

It doesn't go via Old Oscott on a Sunday, does it?

In fact, looking at the October service changes, it seems that neither the NX or Diamond service will be doing the Old Oscott loop any more. I wonder if a different service is covering it, or if it has gone the way of the 25/600.

D10

Quote from: Ash on October 16, 2023, 05:23:22 PMNew 4/4H timetable from 5th November in partnership with NXWM. Looks like diamond will operate the 4H and NX 4M and share the 4s between West Brom and Walsall. Combined frequency of every 5 mins between Walsall and West Bromwich

Although the entire Evenings and Sundays service will be operated by NX across all the 4 group of services.

fleetline6477

Quote from: D10 on October 16, 2023, 08:22:14 PMAlthough the entire Evenings and Sundays service will be operated by NX across all the 4 group of services.
And looks like there is just 1 DIA bus doing the short West Brom - Walsall section about every 1 hour 20 with the full 4H every 20 minutes. 

B7RLE

Has something happened to 32312 this week? I was on it earlier and it didn't sound like a streetlite at all, very unhealthy and was quite loud... never heard anything like it.

uniquicity

Glad the 45 is going via Hallam Street again, even it is only a trial. It is far more popular with older folks to get to the main entrance of the hospital, and the 45 is far more reliable than the 16A so it will be well used if publicised properly.

Jack

Quote from: uniquicity on October 30, 2023, 05:56:51 PMGlad the 45 is going via Hallam Street again, even it is only a trial. It is far more popular with older folks to get to the main entrance of the hospital, and the 45 is far more reliable than the 16A so it will be well used if publicised properly.
I agree, I never understood the whole idea of taking it off there. 45 (405) has always served it, there was a brief period they swapped the 40 and 45 with Hallam Street.

Westy

Has 20739 failed on the 326?

Seems to have been replaced by 21232 instead, so the 1536 326 to Bloxwich is delayed !

Justin Tyme

Although not included in the list on Diamond's website of services that would be running on Boxing Day, bustimes indicates that 50 Birmingham - Maypole actually operated yesterday.

Can anyone confirm?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk