News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Other National Express Operations / Re: National Express Coaches
Last post by winston - Yesterday at 03:15:15 PM
NX coach route changes & enhancements:
https://ow.ly/yGuR50RIPmS
Arriva / Re: Arriva Leicester
Last post by Mayfield - Yesterday at 02:54:39 PM
Quote from: AlexS on Yesterday at 10:29:01 AMAnd the use of electroliners on the 31 whilst diesels operate on the 50 has started to spread away from Sundays. Absolutely no excuse on a Saturday given there is neither peak only boards and buses remain on the same services all day.
Absolutely no excuse whatsoever as they triumphed them to be for the 47/48 50/51 anyone bothered to tell the scheduler, same as the 3 Sapphire's (pointless brand)branded for the 158 are never on the 158, why do bus companies brand buses then not use them on the dedicated routes 
Last post by Mayfield - Yesterday at 02:48:54 PM
8002 now tracking on the 6A, usual Arriva tracking service
National Express West Midlands / Re: Diversions
Last post by BlackCountryBusSpotter - Yesterday at 01:55:41 PM
Due to a Police Incident at J10 the 529 is diverting Bloxwhich Road Churchill Road Queen Elizabeth Aveune in both directions
National Express West Midlands / Re: Electric Buses
Last post by darthdc - Yesterday at 01:25:31 PM
Quote from: Ingleboro261F on May 13, 2024, 02:50:30 PMI've just seen an abellio London single dicker bus looks like a wrightbus vehicle (maybe a GB kite??) around AG, What's it doing around there nearly 100 miles away?
Saw a London DD up by the Swan in Yardley last Wednesday.
Last post by AlexS - Yesterday at 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: sswig on Yesterday at 11:44:34 AM8002 has been at St Margaret's this morning receiving attention and looking at bustimes.org it appears that 4535 has deputised for it to avoid a missed service.
It's actually 4534 that's on the 50/51. I assume the machine for 4535 tracking on the 127 is the actual 4535. Not sure what '4534' on the 158 actually is.
Last post by sswig - Yesterday at 11:44:34 AM
Quote from: AlexS on Yesterday at 10:29:01 AMAnd the use of electroliners on the 31 whilst diesels operate on the 50 has started to spread away from Sundays. Absolutely no excuse on a Saturday given there is neither peak only boards and buses remain on the same services all day.
8002 has been at St Margaret's this morning receiving attention and looking at bustimes.org it appears that 4535 has deputised for it to avoid a missed service.
Garage threads / Re: Pensnett Garage
Last post by Mike K - Yesterday at 11:11:44 AM
There are a few peak hour journeys on the 19 that could certainly benefit from higher capacity buses although I appreciate whey they aren't used.

When BC operated the predecessor to the current 19, B7RLEs were quite common, although I think they tended to miss out the Wisley Way loop? Not ideal if you live on that section I guess. 
Quote from: BrumKev86 on May 17, 2024, 06:14:31 PMI agree I think Birmingham missed a trick by not introducing Bus park and rides. I think it would definitely ease congestion if it were set up right, with the right service and cost. Down here in Bristol, there's four park and rides. Stagecoach run services from Portway and Brisington Park and ride, whilst Metrobus( run by First WOE) operate from Long Ashton and Lyde Green. All four of them are well located not far from motorways and are only £4 return with free parking. I do wonder what it would be like without them. Parking is £3.50 an hour in alot of city centre car parks.

There needs to be a thought about tourists that visit Birmingham and the West Midlands that don't want the hassle of driving in a busy city and trying to find parking. Having a bus park and ride could attract more people to the region hence boosting the local economy and long term it would improve the inner city congestion. Surely the new mayor should look at it.
As you've said parking is expensive in Bristol. Most Birmingham car parks are not that expensive. 4 hours at Snow Hill is £6.60. P&R is successful in cities with a lot of tourism, where it is difficult to drive into and where city centre parking is difficult and expensive. At most times of day it is easy to drive into Birmingham. If parking policy changed then it might tip the balance. Really though people should be parking at home and getting the bus the whole way.
Last post by AlexS - Yesterday at 10:29:01 AM
And the use of electroliners on the 31 whilst diesels operate on the 50 has started to spread away from Sundays. Absolutely no excuse on a Saturday given there is neither peak only boards and buses remain on the same services all day.
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk