News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Metro service suspended until further notice

Started by Solo1, November 12, 2021, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Coming out of the West Brom game this evening about 10pm, I noticed 2 X1 branded Platinums parked on the Birmingham Road near opposite the ground. I'm guessing these may have been on Metro duties?

Also, the other side of the M5 J1 island on Birmingham road (towards West Bromwich) there were 3 buses parked up out of service plus 2 inspectors. One of these turned into a 74 and headed off but I'm not sure what the other 2 were unless they were all extra 74s too put on for the football because there was no Metro?

Stu

Quote from: j789 on November 26, 2021, 11:52:26 PM
Coming out of the West Brom game this evening about 10pm, I noticed 2 X1 branded Platinums parked on the Birmingham Road near opposite the ground. I'm guessing these may have been on Metro duties?

Also, the other side of the M5 J1 island on Birmingham road (towards West Bromwich) there were 3 buses parked up out of service plus 2 inspectors. One of these turned into a 74 and headed off but I'm not sure what the other 2 were unless they were all extra 74s too put on for the football because there was no Metro?

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=1861.msg297118#msg297118
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Came over the crossing at Black Lake last night and noticed what looked like tail lights sat between the stop and the tunnel possibly a tram out on test.

Ginger66

Quote from: 4679 on November 27, 2021, 10:33:59 AM
Came over the crossing at Black Lake last night and noticed what looked like tail lights sat between the stop and the tunnel possibly a tram out on test.
The brand new urbo trams are been commissioned, and while the line is closed to passengers the testing has been happening during the day and night so hopefully by the four week deadline they can get the new trams into service along with any fixed trams subject to approval of the ORR.

http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/news/?p=42551

Gareth

They'd repaired 7 a couple of weeks ago though! In a previous report they'd said 7 were repaired but 9 were needed even for a limited service.

Ginger66

We just had the news from the government asking people to work from home yet again and it comes as we expect some kind of news from MML regarding if/when services should resume along line one.

Gareth

Tram 28 was running through the city centre on test yesterday afternoon.

Ginger66

according to the metro website as confirmed a service should return at some point next week,  as most nearly half the fleet is fixed.

So it seems a pretty good turnaround to fix and it seems it's roughly about 2-3 days maybe 4 at push to mend a tram of the cracks

Stuharris 6360

In my opinion, we have been here before.

In the past they have found cracks and they have been repaired only for new cracks to be found and have to be repaired.

So what is to stop, 6 or 12 months down the line, trams having to be repaired yet again?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

DJ

Service will resume tomorrow between Wolverhampton St Georges and Bull Street, initially up to every 10 minutes.

https://twitter.com/WMmetro/status/1470802950532513803

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack D

Tony

Quote from: Jack D on December 14, 2021, 08:52:21 PM
Why not down to grand central???

Probably because it would need one extra tram to maintain a 10 minute frequency

Ginger66

Quote from: Tony on December 14, 2021, 08:55:34 PM
Probably because it would need one extra tram to maintain a 10 minute frequency

also the newer trams are still been tested with mileage accumulation before being allowed into public service.  But the question is when do the tram start covering the line to five ways as it was due before the end of 2021.

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 15, 2021, 07:03:01 AM
But the question is when do the tram start covering the line to five ways as it was due before the end of 2021.

I'm siure its been admitted somewhere that this is unlikely to happen until January now.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk