News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Metro service suspended until further notice

Started by Solo1, November 12, 2021, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on March 22, 2022, 06:37:13 AM
& if the trams are not fixed by the weekend will NXWM Extend the acceptance of metro tickets untill it's fixed

Only if NX get some reimbursement from West Midlands Metro.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Gareth

It's all a bit misleading with the constant referral to 'older trams' too. They're not that old! 6/7 years?

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on March 22, 2022, 06:37:13 AM
& if the trams are not fixed by the weekend will NXWM Extend the acceptance of metro tickets untill it's fixed

Quote from: Stu on March 24, 2022, 10:14:05 AM
Only if NX get some reimbursement from West Midlands Metro.

BBC article linked to above confirms ticket acceptance until Sunday 3rd April.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ginger66

What happened to the remaining four T69's that did not get scrapped.   I know one ended up been donated to UK Tram as part of a test fleets, one to a Birmingham Museum. but not sure what happened to the others.

Steveminor

Last I hear 2 were in storage at long marston

Steveminor

Stevek uk rail posted a video on YouTube 2 months ago, just watched it & you can clearly see 4 t69s they're about 1 min & 5 seconds in

karl724223

Tram 37 was running this morning up colmore crow not in service

Solo1

41 was running the other day. Seen passing Hawthornes heading north towards west Bromwich

Ginger66

Quote from: Solo1 on May 27, 2022, 03:49:15 PMhttps://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/west-midlands-metro-reveals-date-24081409
So depending when the rest of the fleet is available the so called five ways opening is going to be missed and can see this now been autumn 2022 when it's was supposed to be Dec 2021.  

mikestone

Has anyone mentioned that trams are running into St. Georges on batteries - I assume because the section from the junction to the bottom of Queen St is not ready for energisation?
Where is the previous "neutral section" or its equivalent.

mikestone

I also noted that there is a twelve minute time warp between the two platforms at St. Georges@

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk