News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Eastside extension

Started by Stevo, December 05, 2020, 08:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Priory Queensway is chokka as it is. No room for anything else.

New stopping locations for NX services can be found on traveline WM.

What it seems to be saying is:

Stratford Road 2/3/5/6 stopping at the current Coventry Road stop outside Primark.
33/51/X51 are stopping at the High Street stop outside Boots.
907/934/935/936/937/997 will stop at Dale End.
60/X1/X2/17 using current 97 stop outside Moor Street Station.
97 stopping on Albert Street.
X3/X4/X5/X14 will stop on Priory Queensway (current 65/67 stop).
65/66/67 moving to the other side of the road (current 45/47 stop).
45/47 no longer serving Priory Queensway.

23/24 will also be stopping on the stop at the very bottom of Moor Street Queensway, which I don't think has beeen in use for some time.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on May 27, 2021, 09:10:52 AM
New stopping locations for NX services can be found on traveline WM.

What it seems to be saying is:

Stratford Road 2/3/5/6 stopping at the current Coventry Road stop outside Primark.
33/51/X51 are stopping at the High Street stop outside Boots.
907/934/935/936/937/997 will stop at Dale End.
60/X1/X2/17 using current 97 stop outside Moor Street Station.
97 stopping on Albert Street.
X3/X4/X5/X14 will stop on Priory Queensway (current 65/67 stop).
65/66/67 moving to the other side of the road (current 45/47 stop).
45/47 no longer serving Priory Queensway.

23/24 will also be stopping on the stop at the very bottom of Moor Street Queensway, which I don't think has beeen in use for some time.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/birmingham-city-centre-bus-stop-changes-from-6th-june-2021
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on May 27, 2021, 06:02:09 PM
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/birmingham-city-centre-bus-stop-changes-from-6th-june-2021
Would it not make sense just to have one stop for the Stratford Road services as well? Why do they need 2 stops directly opposite each other MS4 & MS16? I don't think the X1/X2 serve both?

Sounds like when they had the 98/99 serving stops on both sides of Priory Queensway oddly.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on May 27, 2021, 06:47:58 PM
Would it not make sense just to have one stop for the Stratford Road services as well? Why do they need 2 stops directly opposite each other MS4 & MS16? I don't think the X1/X2 serve both?

Please keep this thread on-topic and continue discussion of stop relocation in the existing topic:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=5999.0
My locals:

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on May 27, 2021, 06:53:56 PM
Please keep this thread on-topic and continue discussion of stop relocation in the existing topic:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=5999.0
But it was you who put the changes on this thread in the first place !

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on May 29, 2021, 09:53:57 AM
But it was you who put the changes on this thread in the first place !

No, I responded to someone who had already posted about stop changes. When they tried to continue that discussion, that's when I asked for it to be continued in a more appropriate topic.
My locals:

Gareth

Lower Bull Street has now been tarmac'd over. So that will have to be dug up again at some point when the rails are ready to be laid.

monkeyjoe

I heard rumours from business owners in the Custard factory that the council have lost the funding for the Digbeth extension, not sure I believe it 

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 06, 2022, 06:38:36 PMI heard rumours from business owners in the Custard factory that the council have lost the funding for the Digbeth extension, not sure I believe it

I don't believe it either, as I understand this is all being funded by the WMCA, not by Birmingham City Council.
My locals:

Tony

QuoteI heard rumours from business owners in the Custard factory that the council have lost the funding for the Digbeth extension, not sure I believe it
So why are there lots of men in Hi-Vis Metro Alliance kit working on Digbeth?

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Tony on July 06, 2022, 07:49:04 PMSo why are there lots of men in Hi-Vis Metro Alliance kit working on Digbeth?
They were claiming the original plan has been curtailed and they are just tidying up the roads and pavements now. 

Ginger66

The works are on pause during the games so they are making sure the pavements are clear and tidy and once games have finished work recommences

Solo1

Quote from: Gareth on July 06, 2022, 06:29:05 PMLower Bull Street has now been tarmac'd over. So that will have to be dug up again at some point when the rails are ready to be laid.

dwhy didn't they just put the rails down & tarmac it or will they just sink the rails into the tarmac  to save money on digging it up again

Ginger66

Remember how they did the temp tarmac at corporation street/new street to facilitate pride parade the other year. 

MMA are doing the same for the commonwealth games so lower bull street can be opened up to the public for the duration of the games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk