News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Metro extension gets go-ahead

Started by Stu, June 21, 2016, 08:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Still can't work out the logic in keeping the St Georges stop and having to have trams run to there instead of all to the rail station
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

the trainbasher

Quote from: Kevin on July 18, 2022, 12:14:23 PMStill can't work out the logic in keeping the St Georges stop and having to have trams run to there instead of all to the rail station
Because not everyone wants to go to the rail station y'know. They may want to go to to the Mander Centre or Market. Plus what about those who may not be able to walk the longer distance without being in discomfort?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ginger66

According to express and stat the extension to wolvo won't open this side of Christmas.  They are blaming COVID, lack of supplies 

Rachvince53

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

Currently installing signals outside Wolves bus station to allow trams to pull out of the bay stop northbound. 

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ginger66

ellspurs

Quote from: Ginger66 on February 08, 2023, 07:27:36 PMServices will possible start anniversary weekend
The 10th anniversary of when they started building it?

Stevo

Construction started in March 2018, though I agree it does feel like 10 years! 

ellspurs

Quote from: Stevo on February 09, 2023, 09:01:43 AMConstruction started in March 2018, though I agree it does feel like 10 years!
That just means that services will start March 2028 :D

the trainbasher

QuoteThat just means that services will start March 2028 :D
At the rate the Merry Hill extension is going, it'll be 2050 by time the Wolverhampton Rail Extension is open!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Jack D

Stevo

When I visited last week the station stop wasn't complete, with the area around the rails unfinished, and Pipers Row by the bus station was being dug up for no obvious reason.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk