News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Ashley 60171

It doesn't sound good when their newest bus is now a 59 plate Pulsar 3743.

BN

Quote from: Winston on February 01, 2020, 07:44:38 PM
Anyone heard anymore if a sale of Cannock is still on the cards? The newer fleetmoves out seem to suggest something's going on in the background
With the strong rumour the depot sale went through with Available car and the Midland Classic license increase it seems to all be falling In place now. Coupled with JP moving away from Centrebus and taking a larger portion of D&G i reckon something will happen this year.

Hector

It is interesting to note that not only is Cannock now without any vehicles less than 10 years old, but this swap of vehicles, like the exchange of Solos with Thurmaston earlier in January, took away vehicles in the latest Arriva livery and replaced them with vehicles in the previous livery. It could be a coincidence, but will be interesting to see over the coming weeks whether the remaining vehicles in new livery including the 2 x 59 reg Pulsars, the 2 x 57 reg Commanders and the 4 x Solo SRs also get moved elsewhere.

metrocity

Quote from: BN on February 02, 2020, 08:33:04 AM
With the strong rumour the depot sale went through with Available car and the Midland Classic license increase it seems to all be falling In place now. Coupled with JP moving away from Centrebus and taking a larger portion of D&G i reckon something will happen this year.
He hasn't moved away from Centrebus

Bob

Quote from: Hector on February 02, 2020, 09:33:47 AM
It is interesting to note that not only is Cannock now without any vehicles less than 10 years old, but this swap of vehicles, like the exchange of Solos with Thurmaston earlier in January, took away vehicles in the latest Arriva livery and replaced them with vehicles in the previous livery. It could be a coincidence, but will be interesting to see over the coming weeks whether the remaining vehicles in new livery including the 2 x 59 reg Pulsars, the 2 x 57 reg Commanders and the 4 x Solo SRs also get moved elsewhere.

Arent the Solos required for the 2? Theres also a Centro in the new livery and a couple of Darts and hasnt Cannock gained an extra Pulsar?

Depotosw

Quote from: Bob on February 02, 2020, 09:56:02 AM
Arent the Solos required for the 2? Theres also a Centro in the new livery and a couple of Darts and hasnt Cannock gained an extra Pulsar?
3761 I believe was the extra Pulsar that was returned from Tamworth to Cannock with 2740 returning to Telford at the same time.

BN

Quote from: metrocity on February 02, 2020, 09:51:25 AM
Apologies, I should have added Luton & MK areas.

winston

Quote from: BN on February 02, 2020, 11:21:37 AM
Apologies, I should have added Luton & MK areas.

Centrebus don't operate in Milton Keynes. Luton & Stevenage form Centrebus Limited & JP is still a director.

Bob

Cannock must suffer the least investment of any garage

ntw456

Quote from: Bob on February 02, 2020, 09:56:02 AM

But if you notice on the side it just says Arrivabus.co.uk not Arriva connecting Staffordshire, same as the the solos, as for the two pulsars they don't have anything

Bob

Quote from: ntw456 on February 04, 2020, 09:42:10 PM
But if you notice on the side it just says Arrivabus.co.uk not Arriva connecting Staffordshire, same as the the solos, as for the two pulsars they don't have anything

Tfue.

mikestone

Quote from: metrocity on February 02, 2020, 09:51:25 AM
nor has he increased his holding in D&G as far as we know, Mr Reeves sold his shares to Centrebus.
;
PS - I realise it wasn't metrocity who said he had, but I don't seem to be able to quote the quote. 

l.murphy123

Honestly don't know how the number 2 keeps running. Its usually empty or with a couple of people on. I know they get money for the Turnberry section but can't see how that's enough. Someone higher up at Arriva head office needs to allocate some more money for Cannock get some decent sapphire buses again that would help. Also axe the blakenall section it adds 10 or 15 mins to the journey.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 14, 2020, 08:13:15 AM
Honestly don't know how the number 2 keeps running. Its usually empty or with a couple of people on. I know they get money for the Turnberry section but can't see how that's enough. Someone higher up at Arriva head office needs to allocate some more money for Cannock get some decent sapphire buses again that would help. Also axe the blakenall section it adds 10 or 15 mins to the journey.

Do you really think tbeyre gonna invest in Cannock lol?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk