News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

It hasn't always had deckers all of the time Andy to be fair.  In the 80 / 90s at least there were just as many Marshall DP Leopards,  leopard coaches, Nationals, Duple bus bodied Tigers, Duple coach bodied Tigers, ( and possibly N type Tiger buses but not sure on that one) as there were D13s,  DMSs Olympians on there etc

woody38

Quote from: andy41 on September 27, 2015, 01:19:07 PM
Oh dear not this again. The 110 provides journeys for many people who are not travelling to Birmingham. It more than pays its way hence its survival and the investment in it over the years. It has always had deckers and probably always will. Deal with it!

There are plenty of problems that the drivelling no marks who phone up Radio WM will never solve, I didn't realise anybody still listended to it anyway.
Yes here we go again Andy there was no need to relocate the two sapphire buses from Cannock to Tamworth, the 1 is probably more busier than the 110 will ever be, but for some reason somebody in arriva things that Tamworth is the cat's b.....k,s when in reality its no better than anywhere else & sure doesn't warrant the amount of money they spend on new buses.  arriva are starting to get some competition in the Stafford, Cannock area which I thing is good .

Tony

Quote from: woody38 on September 27, 2015, 02:40:18 PM
Yes here we go again Andy there was no need to relocate the two sapphire buses from Cannock to Tamworth, the 1 is probably more busier than the 110 will ever be, but for some reason somebody in arriva things that Tamworth is the cat's b.....k,s when in reality its no better than anywhere else & sure doesn't warrant the amount of money they spend on new buses.  arriva are starting to get some competition in the Stafford, Cannock area which I thing is good .

Of course, armchair accountants know where Arriva make money better than Arriva themselves. While Arriva might have their faults I am sure they know where they are making money and where they are not better than someone seeing buses go past them occasionally

woody38

Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2015, 02:52:26 PM
Of course, armchair accountants know where Arriva make money better than Arriva themselves. While Arriva might have their faults I am sure they know where they are making money and where they are not better than someone seeing buses go past them occasionally
You now more about the buses than I will ever now Tony but it does seem unfair when they transfer buses out of one area to another area when everything was fine before.

Tony

Quote from: woody38 on September 27, 2015, 03:14:50 PM
You now more about the buses than I will not ever now Tony but it does seem unfair when they transfer buses out of one area to another area when everything was fine before.

There are several big costs in bus operation, The obvious two Wages & fuel, but another is depreciation of the assetts. Arriva will have moved those two Streetlites to Tamworth because the 110 will cover more of the costs than the 1 will

Bob

Fair point Tony. Does beg the question though why purchase them for the 1 &2 in the first place then?

arrifirststage

Quote from: woody38 on September 27, 2015, 02:40:18 PM

Please,please tell us your qualification for making absurd remarks about route loadings...........s
Tell us the days,times and duration of your studies,and what other routes and times were involved.
Have you had any actual experience of transport operation?
Have you had secret access to the finances at Tamworth or Cannock............thought not.
Until you do,then your opinion is based on biased guesswork.
PLEASE REMEMBER most posters to this forum are interested enthusiasts,they should act as such,not presume to know better than the professionals.

Bob

Look at the 1. For at least 10 years plus it operated as a direct service at a 20 min frequency.  Cue Sapphire conversion to build on that. Less than a year on it gets reduced to a convoluted half hourly  route that now frequently runs late. Something f####d up somewhere!  And no I'm not a businessman or a bus operator but common sense would suggest that if something was a success you would not reduce the product offering and make it worse?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: arrifirststage on September 27, 2015, 04:47:54 PM
Please,please tell us your qualification for making absurd remarks about route loadings...........s
Tell us the days,times and duration of your studies,and what other routes and times were involved.
Have you had secret access to the finances at Tamworth or Cannock............thought not.
PLEASE REMEMBER most posters to this forum are interested enthusiasts,they should act as such,not presume to know better than the professionals.

Or fill the pages up with ever more boring drivel. To anybody whos a spotter or not, if the bus isn't good enough, stop whinging and use alternative means and leave the bus for those who are more grateful.

woody38

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on September 27, 2015, 05:14:39 PM
Or fill the pages up with ever more boring drivel. To anybody whos a spotter or not, if the bus isn't good enough, stop whinging and use alternative means and leave the bus for those who are more grateful.

The forum is here for us to make comments about buses, some of the topics you right about might bore me, if they don't interest you then don't read them.
But don't come on here moaning about what other people but on here.

woody38

Quote from: arrifirststage on September 27, 2015, 04:47:54 PM

Sometimes we do now more than the professionals,I might not now Tamworth area but I do now my local area. The 1 is popular route always has been people use it not just to get to Walsall but all over the West Midlands from the Cannock area, as Bob will back me up. The professional's do make mistakes as you will see from the complaints on arriva midlands,faces book page. there has been a lot of arriva changing services back to what they where  before

Tony

Quote from: woody38 on September 27, 2015, 05:36:02 PM
Sometimes we do now more than the professionals,I might not now Tamworth area but I do now my local area. The 1 is popular route always has been people use it not just to get to Walsall but all over the West Midlands from the Cannock area, as Bob will back me up. The professional's do make mistakes as you will see from the complaints on arriva midlands,faces book page. there has been a lot of arriva changing services back to what they where  before

Sometimes an operator will have a bit of a lemon of a route that doesn't make any money, or even makes a loss, but they don't want to just cancel it because it will leave people without a bus service or they know people on the route will make a big fuss if it goes and will try lots of things to get that route into making a profit, changing frequency, changing vehicle types, using older buses, adding on a diversion to get a few more people on, hence all the messing about you see on some routes while other stay constant for years on end.

There are other reasons for tampering with a route as well, so just because you see lots of changes also doesn't mean a route is doing badly, it may just be being changed to meet changing demand (Watch out for some NX changes coming soon which fall into this category) or it may be a gap in a market that has been spotted.

I don't know the finances of the 1 & 2, only Arriva Staff know those, certainly people bus watching don't, so that may not be the case with these, but just because you see some buses with decent loads on doesn't always mean they are doing well.

A route that takes two hours to do a round trip where a lot of the passenger travel long distances (eg Diamonds 56) will need a lot more passengers on each bus to break even than a route like NX's 335 where the bus can do 4 round trips in the same time. There are lots of other factors which decide whether a route is profitable including the ratio of pass holders to cash payers

Bob

Fair enough Tony but the changes they've made to the one and two certainly haven't benefitted Cannock to Walsall passengers, at all. I dont think itll be long before there are other operators on the walsall corridor Did you get my PM this afternoon earlier by the way?

Westy

Quote from: Bob on September 27, 2015, 06:01:31 PM
Fair enough Tony but the changes they've made to the one and two certainly haven't benefitted Cannock to Walsall passengers, at all. I dont think itll be long before there are other operators on the walsall corridor.

It'll be interesting to see who else besides NX might consider the Cannock to Walsall corridor?

By the way, anyone remember the 5 that Midland operated between Walsall & Turnberry?

No, ok!

Bob

The 5.05 from Bloxwich was late again today, not only that but was displaying  '1 Cannock  via Bloxwich and Great Wyrley '. ! The passenger in front of me pointed it out to the driver who just said 'I dunno'....Jesus christ.  People could have missed it not thinking it was a 2, or conversely got on it thinking it was a 1....If they didn't catch it they'd have been waiting another 30 ( or probably more given the recent poor timekeeping ). Not very good is it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk