News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Chris on January 29, 2018, 11:16:16 PM
I wonder if the X96 will get some platinum e200 mmc this year

I wonder if NXWM will get any E200MMC this year, never mind the X96. They don't need any single decks, and even if they did, these Enviros are crap.

Jack

Quote from: MW on February 01, 2018, 07:38:22 PM
I wonder if NXWM will get any E200MMC this year, never mind the X96. They don't need any single decks, and even if they did, these Enviros are crap.
The E200's are crap, the E200 MMC's aren't crap. They can fly down Warwick Road. The stop/start on 2203 was horrible, it violently turned off.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MW on February 01, 2018, 07:38:22 PM

If you think the E200 MMC are bad, how poor are your ratings on the normal e200s?

Trident 4194

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 01, 2018, 10:13:23 PM
If you think the E200 MMC are bad, how poor are your ratings on the normal e200s?

I've not driven a normal one. Don't get me wrong, the MMCs aren't bad relatively speaking, compared to what I'm driving these days. But for NXWM, they're crap compared to the Eclipse 2 & Scanias.

Trident 4194

801 still on the 9 along with a few crimson tridents

Stu

Quote from: MW on February 02, 2018, 04:49:35 PM
I've not driven a normal one. Don't get me wrong, the MMCs aren't bad relatively speaking, compared to what I'm driving these days. But for NXWM, they're crap compared to the Eclipse 2 & Scanias.

From a regular passenger's point of view, I politely disagree with you, the E200 MMCs are great buses to travel on, certainly much better than the Scanias at least.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: Stu on February 02, 2018, 06:27:27 PM
From a regular passenger's point of view, I politely disagree with you, the E200 MMCs are great buses to travel on, certainly much better than the Scanias at least.
The E200 MMC's have terrible legroom on the back seat, the Omnilinks are just as bad with legroom. The Omnilinks are far nicer vehicles than the MMC's. Even the B7RLE's are better than the E200 MMC's in my opinion.

I agree with you, I like them, but the Eclipse 1/2's and Omnilinks are way better than them.

Trident 4194

What are you driving these days?

MW

Quote from: Stu on February 02, 2018, 06:27:27 PM

From a passengers point of view, the MMCs are probably better than the Scanias but not as good as the Eclipse 2. From a drivers point of view, the MMCs are the worst of the trio, in my opinion. Even the steering wheel is horrible.

Trident 4194

9s messed up again. What use is a NIS service bus followed by a packed mmc?

John

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 06, 2018, 01:26:08 PM
9s messed up again. What use is a NIS service bus followed by a packed mmc?

Going further up the route to get back on time, rather than running in pairs getting later and later

Trident 4194

Quote from: John on February 06, 2018, 01:28:21 PM
Going further up the route to get back on time, rather than running in pairs getting later and later

Its so inconsistent though. Seemed to allow 3 buses in convoy at 10:10 this morning from halesowen. Having a NIS bus going to Stourbridge is the definition of pointless when there's already god knows how many in the bus station

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 06, 2018, 01:35:07 PM
Its so inconsistent though. Seemed to allow 3 buses in convoy at 10:10 this morning from halesowen. Having a NIS bus going to Stourbridge is the definition of pointless when there's already god knows how many in the bus station

So you think you can do better without knowing where the rest of the vehicle are on that route, without any information on where any delays are, without knowing which drivers need to get back quickly because they are running out of legal driving hours?

It's lovely for you just being able to stand around on street corners all day looking for things wrong without actually having to put them right. The controllers have to do it to meet legalities and an overall judgement on what is best for the customers along the whole route, not just at one particular point

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 06, 2018, 01:57:09 PM
So you think you can do better without knowing where the rest of the vehicle are on that route, without any information on where any delays are, without knowing which drivers need to get back quickly because they are running out of legal driving hours?

It's lovely for you just being able to stand around on street corners all day looking for things wrong without actually having to put them right. The controllers have to do it to meet legalities and an overall judgement on what is best for the customers along the whole route, not just at one particular point

Portland road to brum- people have 129 and 120 and 126 and X10
Chiquitoes- brum- x10 126
Halesowen- brum- x10
Stourbridge- brum- the only god dam bus route so why are you sending buses to brum NIS from Stourbridge?? As for driver breaks it wasn't a time that it occurred.

Really wished someone else would operate or compete with nx on this dreadful service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk