News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

MX62AXH (or-N) Streetlite was on the 36 today this morning in Acocks Green, then spotted later parked up on Mole Street in Sparkbrook.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rob H

Quote from: Stu on August 07, 2013, 07:53:40 PM
MX62AXH (or-N) Streetlite was on the 36 today this morning in Acocks Green, then spotted later parked up on Mole Street in Sparkbrook.

There was one Streetlite on the S10 today aswell but couldn't get registration
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Rob4367 on August 07, 2013, 09:15:07 PM
Quote from: Stu on August 07, 2013, 07:53:40 PM

There was one Streetlite on the S10 today aswell but couldn't get registration

That was one doing the 'extra' journeys (10/11am from Cranes Park) There was a streetlite on the S10 all day for a couple of days last week aswell.

Also to note, they seem to have a new livery for their coaches, one onf the 07 (LFY?) Scanias is now in allover silver.

Stu

Has anyone heard anything about changes to the 36 service in the near future?

Noticed today that the route has been taken off several bus stop flags on the Stratford Road in Sparkbrook, looks like it might be curtailed to Sparkhill, maybe turning round at Baker Street / St John's Road?
My locals:

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on November 15, 2013, 06:21:50 PM
Has anyone heard anything about changes to the 36 service in the near future?

Noticed today that the route has been taken off several bus stop flags on the Stratford Road in Sparkbrook, looks like it might be curtailed to Sparkhill, maybe turning round at Baker Street / St John's Road?

I'll try and find out, but that does sound possible. Although when they were cutting the route short due to roadworks, one of the drivers did mention there was no were to wait when turning around there

Stu

This appeared on VOSA yesterday:

PD0001760/8 - SILVERLINE LANDFLIGHT LTD T/A SILVERLINE, ARGENT HOUSE, VULCAN ROAD, SOLIHULL, B91 2JY

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between CRANES PARK and POPLAR ROAD, SOLIHULL given service number S10 effective from 01-Dec-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001760/14 - SILVERLINE LANDFLIGHT LTD T/A SILVERLINE, ARGENT HOUSE, VULCAN ROAD, SOLIHULL, B91 2JY

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sparkbrook and Stechford given service number 36/36C effective from 01-Dec-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

My locals:

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on November 16, 2013, 01:45:51 PM

PD0001760/8 - SILVERLINE LANDFLIGHT LTD T/A SILVERLINE, ARGENT HOUSE, VULCAN ROAD, SOLIHULL, B91 2JY

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between CRANES PARK and POPLAR ROAD, SOLIHULL given service number S10 effective from 01-Dec-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001760/14 - SILVERLINE LANDFLIGHT LTD T/A SILVERLINE, ARGENT HOUSE, VULCAN ROAD, SOLIHULL, B91 2JY

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sparkbrook and Stechford given service number 36/36C effective from 01-Dec-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

finally they're doing something about the S10! But it seems drivers are not aware, I asked about the 36 this morning an the driver didnt know

From NWM on twitter: @networkwm: Terminus for 36 will move to Baker Street to avoid Congestion. S10 - Last 2 journeys from Cranes Park removed, terminus now 1 way.

Stu

Quote from: neale95 on November 16, 2013, 01:57:32 PM
Quote from: Stu on November 16, 2013, 01:45:51 PM

finally they're doing something about the S10! But it seems drivers are not aware, I asked about the 36 this morning an the driver didnt know

From NWM on twitter: @networkwm: Terminus for 36 will move to Baker Street to avoid Congestion. S10 - Last 2 journeys from Cranes Park removed, terminus now 1 way.

Thanks neale95, looks like I guessed correctly about the 36 then! So it will turn right onto St John's Road, then right again onto Baker Street then left onto the Stratford Road I suppose.
My locals:

Stu

Actually, looks like I might be wrong; noticed this morning that the 36 has been added to the bus stop flag at the Warwick Road, St Johns Road stop for the 37, towards city.
My locals:

Stu

Still nothing on Network West Midlands website, they told me that details would be published once route and timetables were finalised, but 1st December is 4 days away now!

Also noticed today at the St Johns Road stop on Warwick Road (towards Acocks Green), that 'Service 36 also stops here to unload only' has been added to the bus stop flag. So at this stage, I can only presume the new route in Sparkhill will be to turn right from Stratford Road into St Johns Road, then onto Baker Street, right onto Warwick Road where it terminates, then starts again by turning at the Percy Road island, loading at the Warwick Road, St John's Road stop, before turning left onto Baker Street, and then left again onto Stratford Road.
My locals:

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on November 27, 2013, 07:32:36 PM
Still nothing on Network West Midlands website, they told me that details would be published once route and timetables were finalised, but 1st December is 4 days away now!

Also noticed today at the St Johns Road stop on Warwick Road (towards Acocks Green), that 'Service 36 also stops here to unload only' has been added to the bus stop flag. So at this stage, I can only presume the new route in Sparkhill will be to turn right from Stratford Road into St Johns Road, then onto Baker Street, right onto Warwick Road where it terminates, then starts again by turning at the Percy Road island, loading at the Warwick Road, St John's Road stop, before turning left onto Baker Street, and then left again onto Stratford Road.

They put notices of the S10 changes on some of the buses Monday, so I thought NWM would have the changes up by now. Only slight changes to the timetable towards Solihull, with the 16:30/17:30 journeys to Solihull withdrawn monday - fridayy.

That sounds about right for the 36.

Saw POJ yesterday on Land Rover/DHL run. It's now been put into their new livery. Looks much better than plain white!

Stu

Since the recent change to the 36 service, only seem to see the Optares out on this, the E200s have vanished.

Wouldn't have hurt them to at least reprogram the front displays on the Solos, the other morning I saw one showing 'Sparkhill 36C'!

And this evening, one passed me in AG still showing 'Sparkbrook' as the destination.

My locals:

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on December 12, 2013, 07:27:43 PM
Since the recent change to the 36 service, only seem to see the Optares out on this, the E200s have vanished.

Wouldn't have hurt them to at least reprogram the front displays on the Solos, the other morning I saw one showing 'Sparkhill 36C'!

And this evening, one passed me in AG still showing 'Sparkbrook' as the destination.

They only seem to use the e200s when a Solo is off the road.

As to the destinations, I thought they would have. I think I might know the driver that displayed 36C  ::)
They never used to have the equipment to do the Hanovers apparently, but they have changed them for the S9, although not the best, so I assume they have the equipment.

Rob H

I caught the 10:30 S10 back to Sheldon this morning and I was expecting an E200 to work it but Streetlite MX62AXH rolled up.

I recorded a vid on board from The Olton Tavern to just after Tanhouse Farm Road (can't remember the actual location I stopped the video) I'll upload it after Christmas
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk