News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt.N0056

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on June 23, 2014, 09:21:53 PM
YR13POJ
MX62ANR
MX62AOG
MX62AXH
YN13GBY
MX62AXN

were on todays JLR shuttles from Birmingham airport long stay car park 2

I notice most of the buses/coaches are making use of the new bus road

James4368

YN07LFL was operating Air India crew coach
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

the trainbasher

Contract losses I assume?

PD0001760/16 - SILVERLINE LANDFLIGHT LTD T/A SILVERLINE, ARGENT HOUSE, VULCAN ROAD, SOLIHULL, B91 2JY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Solihull Rail Station and Blythe Valley Business Park given service number S9 effective from 31-Aug-2014.
PD0001760/17 - SILVERLINE LANDFLIGHT LTD T/A SILVERLINE, ARGENT HOUSE, VULCAN ROAD, SOLIHULL, B91 2JY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham International Station and Blythe Valley Business Park given service number B90 effective from 31-Aug-2014.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 03, 2014, 01:12:16 PM
Contract losses I assume?

PD0001760/16 - SILVERLINE LANDFLIGHT LTD T/A SILVERLINE, ARGENT HOUSE, VULCAN ROAD, SOLIHULL, B91 2JY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Solihull Rail Station and Blythe Valley Business Park given service number S9 effective from 31-Aug-2014.
PD0001760/17 - SILVERLINE LANDFLIGHT LTD T/A SILVERLINE, ARGENT HOUSE, VULCAN ROAD, SOLIHULL, B91 2JY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham International Station and Blythe Valley Business Park given service number B90 effective from 31-Aug-2014.

Or they might just scrap the routes? I know they should keep a service to the Park and Tesco/Notcutts really but does the S9 carry that many passengers? The B90 I believe is dead

trident4370

If push really came to shove with the S9, surely the S4 could be extended to first serve Notcutts/Blythe Valley, and then use Kineton Lane / Illshaw Heath Road to get back to Cheswick Green and follow it's current line of route, creating a big loop and effectively replacing the S9. They both follow the same route from Stratford Road to Solihull Station anyway. Then again would there be any point if the S9 loadings really are that bad?

Matt.N0056

Saw a Coach operating the S9 this morning.

Stu

It would be a shame if Blythe Valley were cancelling the contract because they didn't feel it was worth funding anymore, especially while there are other businesses in Solihull, such as nPower, getting 'on board' with the Smart Network Smart Choices scheme and encouraging employees to use public transport to cut down on car journeys.

see: http://www.centro.org.uk/about-us/news/2014/travel-plans-spark-fewer-car-journeys-by-power-firm-staff/

But then, as for passenger loadings, I suppose its a case of "use it or lose it", or if passengers are only using the S9 to get from Solihull to Blossomfield Road or Stratford Road, then whats in it for Blythe Valley? Maybe they're hoping Centro will step in and provide a service for them 'for free'!

As for Silverline, my hope is that they can bid for some tendered work elsewhere from Centro, as it would be a shame to lose a quality small operator, reduced to only operating on the 36 and S10!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Silverline's YJ56APU Solo appears to have a faulty destination display, as I saw it in Acocks Green earlier on the 36 service, with a flickering spilt scrolling front display showing '363636363636'  :o
My locals:

Matt.N0056

The s9 is to be a shuttle bus between Solihull & Blythe Valley for Blythe Valley empolyees only.

Matt.N0056

At least one of the Envrios has had the S9 banding removed, seen on the Coventry Rd this morning coming of the DHL/Drax. It may still have the 'Blythe Vallet Park' at the top though. Ill Keep an eye out!

Rob H

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on September 02, 2014, 06:57:52 PM
At least one of the Envrios has had the S9 banding removed, seen on the Coventry Rd this morning coming of the DHL/Drax. It may still have the 'Blythe Vallet Park' at the top though. Ill Keep an eye out!

SN60EDL has had its S9 Branding removed Matt seen it on Thursday and it does have Blythe Valley Park still above the windows seen it on the S10 :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Liberator9

Are the Optare Solos still used now? Never see them on the S10.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 24, 2014, 09:50:05 PM

Mainly used on the 36 now. ZXM seems to be theregular on the S10. Solos occasionally appear on the S10 Saturday 'extras', but Saturdays seem to be mainly Solo free!

Liberator9

Stu

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on October 24, 2014, 09:56:00 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on October 24, 2014, 09:50:05 PM

Mainly used on the 36 now. ZXM seems to be theregular on the S10. Solos occasionally appear on the S10 Saturday 'extras', but Saturdays seem to be mainly Solo free!

True of the 36 on Saturday also, nearly always the Blythe Valley E200s used, no Solos.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk