News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saw what looked like a wright streetlite parked up at the side of the Silverline garage. Any ideas whether it's a loan or another new purchase?

Matt.N0056

There are 2 there currently with another 2 due I believe. I suspect they have brought them but not entirely sure.

Heres a link to a couple of photos I took yesterday - http://www.flickr.com/photos/62291103@N08/7844736326/in/photostream/

Thanks for the info. I guess these will be to replace some of the solos? Hope they get painted into the current livery. Will have to try and catch one of these.

Matt.N0056

Nope, I believe they are for a new contract. I dont think they will be on normal services much, but you never know!

suavegarv

They were advertising for bus drivers in the Evening Mail two weeks ago for a "new contract".

Matt.N0056

Quote from: suavegarv on August 25, 2012, 11:37:55 PM
They were advertising for bus drivers in the Evening Mail two weeks ago for a "new contract".

And now have stickers on the buses advertising for bus drivers 'immediately'.

Anyone know what this new contract is? Could they not use some of their coach drivers whilst they wait for the vacancies to be filled?

Matt.N0056

Quote from: 966 on August 26, 2012, 12:09:21 PM
Anyone know what this new contract is? Could they not use some of their coach drivers whilst they wait for the vacancies to be filled?

Land Rover I believe, not too sure though. The coach drivers I suspect have enough work at the moment, which is why Silverline are advertising for drivers 'immediately'.

Stu

Interesting, because on the Network West Midlands service change page (ok, not always the most factually accurate I know!), it says that the NXWM 850 works service (Birmingham to Land Rover) is being withdrawn, and that "Some early morning/late evening (37) journeys extended to Land Rover to cover for withdrawn 850 service".

Could it actually be Silverline operating these 37 variants instead, or maybe just a new service?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on August 26, 2012, 12:50:38 PM
Interesting, because on the Network West Midlands service change page (ok, not always the most factually accurate I know!), it says that the NXWM 850 works service (Birmingham to Land Rover) is being withdrawn, and that "Some early morning/late evening (37) journeys extended to Land Rover to cover for withdrawn 850 service".

Could it actually be Silverline operating these 37 variants instead, or maybe just a new service?

No I dont think so. They already operate a shuttle service for them, to a car park near the airport.

DC3

They operate a shuttle around the Solihull plant to the airport.
They probably have got the contract at the Jag, Castle Brom plant to Star City.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: DC3 on August 26, 2012, 03:55:04 PM
They operate a shuttle around the Solihull plant to the airport.
They probably have got the contract at the Jag, Castle Brom plant to Star City.

Thats the one!

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

I wonder if we'll see some sort of Jaguar Land Rover livery, like the Blythe Valley Purple one.

No I dont think so. They already operate a shuttle service for them, to a car park near the airport.
[/quote]

The shuttle is being run by the Coach side of the business at the moment, so the buses must be to take over from them then if these are for the Land Rover. Silverline seem to be expanding slowly as they have 2 new Scania Coaches at the Depot which have been delivered recently and I don't think any vehicles have left the fleet. Although none of the new vehicles that have arrived recently are in Silverline livery which is a shame, they're just plain white!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk