News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Route 37 Blue Diamond

Started by 966, April 08, 2012, 07:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on April 23, 2012, 08:14:53 PM
Quote from: Stu on April 23, 2012, 07:37:19 PM
I was waiting for a NXWM 37 this evening, and a Blue Diamond 37 (which was empty) saw me waiting and slowed down. Even though I stepped away, to indicate that I didn't want this bus, he still slowed to a crawl, maybe in the hope I would change my mind and flag him down.  ;D

Couple of minutes later, a NXWM 37 arrived, which was near full.  8)

Can I ask why didn't you get on it?

Most likely had a daysaver or travel card, like me. In South Birmingjam there's not really a need for an nbus ticket from a passengers view as NX covers everything whereas in North Birmingham/Black Country there is a higher amount of operators.

PM

I still have a network pass as it allows great versatility can get train or bus and nxwm or first or diamond tho they dont do the Bristol Road any more. Used to be really useful when First/diamond/travel express/a line/sandwell travel and midland rider.

Stu

Quote from: Liberator9 on April 23, 2012, 08:14:53 PM
Can I ask why didn't you get on it?

I use a NX Regional Faresaver monthly pass. I can travel on NX West Midlands and Coventry services, but not on Blue Diamonds. Not without paying extra, if they still do that. Besides, the NXWM 37s are so frequent (and there's the option of the 31/31A) I don't need to catch Blue Diamond's 37.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Oh, I use to have that. But have an Nbus now.

Nathan4775

Quote from: Liberator9 on April 24, 2012, 07:42:32 PM

NBus passes are better as you dont have to stand around waiting for the NXWM buses

The thing with me is I prefer to get Blue Diamond/Diamond/Claribels etc but the thing is they never bloody stop which is quite annoying if NXWM are due in 10/15 minutes, I think there so used to not having many passangers when they see a passanger at the bus stop they automatically think there waiting for NXWM, thats also another reason were Rolta loose passangers
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ash

Quote from: NathanJC on April 24, 2012, 07:51:19 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on April 24, 2012, 07:42:32 PM

NBus passes are better as you dont have to stand around waiting for the NXWM buses

The thing with me is I prefer to get Blue Diamond/Diamond/Claribels etc but the thing is they never bloody stop which is quite annoying if NXWM are due in 10/15 minutes, I think there so used to not having many passangers when they see a passanger at the bus stop they automatically think there waiting for NXWM, thats also another reason were Rolta loose passangers

NathanJc I couldnt agree more i am fed up of rotala buses passsing me on certain routes in particular and it occurs even more when there is a NXWM bus behind, atleast NXWM stop for you :)

Nathan4775

I think its just they dont want to stop if a NX bus is behind then they will not stop, but it dont bother me now because im not the company loosing passangers/money & The 97's at moor street just by pass the bus stop sometimes even though I give clear hand signals, the only blue Diamond buses that seem to stop is the 37/17.
My Flickr;

Anyone have any idea on what will be happening to the Blue Diamonds 37 - and other city centre routes. I see from Tony's uploads that they are starting to debrand the Touchwoos Connection vehicles. Does this mean they will be allocating newer buses that meet the new emissions or are they going to withdraw completely?

Ash

since they reduced the frequency of the 37 less buses are needed and a few branded ones sneak onto other services anyway, blue diamond are recieving newer darts from wessex like the 05 reg examples that have transferred up.

I used to have an nBus, but I got a nNetwork - for trains, metro and bus.. I hardly ever use the bus nowadays, I'd rather take a 8 minute cycle to the station, and have a choice of services to catch than get the bus

Nathan4775

Quote from: 966 on May 10, 2012, 12:19:23 AM
Anyone have any idea on what will be happening to the Blue Diamonds 37 - and other city centre routes. I see from Tony's uploads that they are starting to debrand the Touchwoos Connection vehicles. Does this mean they will be allocating newer buses that meet the new emissions or are they going to withdraw completely?

I saw a Tourchwood Branding bus today in Birmingham working the full 37
My Flickr;

Tony

Quote from: NathanJC on May 18, 2012, 07:15:44 PM
Quote from: 966 on May 10, 2012, 12:19:23 AM

I saw a Tourchwood Branding bus today in Birmingham working the full 37

Have they extended the 37 to a secret research centre?

Liberator9

Had a one of BD darts today on the 37 and I must say it was very good. The driver was very friendly and obviously knew several people he saw. The actual bus was very good, just needs some interior work done. My only moan was the fact that it ended at Olton but the driver told us another was two minutes behind and he was right! I would assume when the new emissions come in BD will withdraw as it not having a high passenger usage and it hardly helps having confusing 37Es going to Olton.

Stu

It can't be that confusing if the bus has a big LED that clearly states "Olton Station 37E" on the front!  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk