News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry calling TfWM over, do you read us, over?

Started by Sandy Lane, January 08, 2024, 09:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

The glorious TfWM and their Bus Disruptions web page seems not to be aware of major road works near the city centre. A number of buses being diverted for more than one week. I cannot see it mentioned.

NXC have done a good job in reporting this.
Haven't found any mention by SC or other operators.

Can someone give TfWM a nudge to wake up and include Coventry issues please? Happy to show TfWM where Coventry is on a map if they want some help?  :laugh:

Sandy Lane

TfWM site now updated for NXC services but can't see mention of the other operator services that may be affected?

Sandy Lane

Probably this is the most easterly bus shelter within the TfWM patch but its remote location seems to be an issue?

Warwickshire Shopping Park has a shelter and RTI.

Since the service changes in January 2023 the RTI continues to only say Temporarily Not Available. 12 months is a long time to get this sorted me thinks? Also why are there no timetables on display in the shelter?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 09, 2024, 11:02:36 AMProbably this is the most easterly bus shelter within the TfWM patch but its remote location seems to be an issue?

Warwickshire Shopping Park has a shelter and RTI.

Since the service changes in January 2023 the RTI continues to only say Temporarily Not Available. 12 months is a long time to get this sorted me thinks? Also why are there no timetables on display in the shelter?

May not be the responsibility of TfWM but the shopping centre owners. 

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 09, 2024, 11:25:39 AMMay not be the responsibility of TfWM but the shopping centre owners.
Could be but someone from TfWM should lead on this surely. TfWM could at least knock on the door and say hello. To have no info for 12 months is not good.

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 09, 2024, 01:03:33 PMCould be but someone from TfWM should lead on this surely. TfWM could at least knock on the door and say hello. To have no info for 12 months is not good.
Has anyone made them aware of this?

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/get-help/report-a-problem-with-a-bus-stop-or-park-and-ride/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Stu on January 09, 2024, 07:24:33 PMHas anyone made them aware of this?

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/get-help/report-a-problem-with-a-bus-stop-or-park-and-ride/

I don't know?
But try turning this issue around the other way. After 12 mths of saying 'temporarily not available' surely the computer system should have automatically flagged this up with the information system operator after say just 14 days? If so the system operator should have been reminded about this state a heck of a number of times?

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 08, 2024, 03:08:01 PMTfWM site now updated for NXC services but can't see mention of the other operator services that may be affected?
SC Rugby now advising on the 86 is affected by Cox St closure and is being diverted
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle 

Not found a SC update on the X17 which is also affected (Leamington garage?).I assume diverted via Corporation St?

Also not found Arriva update on the 74 diversion. My guess is via the ring road?

Hope this helps?

windy miller

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 09, 2024, 09:39:01 PMI don't know?
But try turning this issue around the other way. After 12 mths of saying 'temporarily not available' surely the computer system should have automatically flagged this up with the information system operator after say just 14 days? If so the system operator should have been reminded about this state a heck of a number of times?
Can the computer determine when E127 is ever likely to be back on the tracking system???
   just asking....
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Danthebusman

Quote from: windy miller on January 12, 2024, 03:39:10 AMCan the computer determine when E127 is ever likely to be back on the tracking system???
  just asking....

E127 has never tracked and nor has E143, it is unknown when they will start tracking.

Stu

Quote from: windy miller on January 12, 2024, 03:39:10 AMCan the computer determine when E127 is ever likely to be back on the tracking system???
  just asking....

Quote from: Danthebusman on January 12, 2024, 08:12:54 AME127 has never tracked and nor has E143, it is unknown when they will start tracking.
Both are on the latest list of vehicles on report:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=5982.msg321389#msg321389
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 08, 2024, 03:08:01 PMTfWM site now updated for NXC services but can't see mention of the other operator services that may be affected?
Now that Cox St & Fairfax St have reopened the NXC X30 city centre stop has reverted back to using the old swimming baths as the nearest stop for the Meadow. For two weeks during these works the X30 instead shared the 21 Hales St stop which IMO is a much better city centre drop off location especially for strangers coming into city from the rail station.

Over time I have seen many many people miss the swimming  baths stop on the X30 and then they get taken back out of town by some distance.

Has TfWM considered allowing the X30 to continue using the Hales St 21 on a permanent basis?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 26, 2024, 09:25:27 PMNow that Cox St & Fairfax St have reopened the NXC X30 city centre stop has reverted back to using the old swimming baths as the nearest stop for the Meadow. For two weeks during these works the X30 instead shared the 21 Hales St stop which IMO is a much better city centre drop off location especially for strangers coming into city from the rail station.

Over time I have seen many many people miss the swimming  baths stop on the X30 and then they get taken back out of town by some distance.

Has TfWM considered allowing the X30 to continue using the Hales St 21 on a permanent basis?
Looks like hales at is now permanent 

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on January 26, 2024, 10:07:01 PMLooks like hales at is now permanent

Thanks for the info. Defo a good move.
I ll check out the flag to see if the X30 number has been added.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 27, 2024, 01:18:27 PMThanks for the info. Defo a good move.
I ll check out the flag to see if the X30 number has been added.
The Hales St flag is not displaying the X30 service this morning.
Now the two week diversion has finished and back on the original route unless NXC has a local instruction I can't see the X30 picking  up there from tomorrow? Maybe TfWM will be updating the stop tonight JIT?
Let's see what happens.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk