News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you could bring back any old route what would it be and why?

Started by hlliwmai, October 09, 2023, 12:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasmine

Quote from: Rachvince53 on October 09, 2023, 06:36:00 PM966 Wolverhampton  to Birmingham Airport. I would make it fully limited stop as it was originally and perhaps extend it to Solihull replacing the X12 which could be extended to Coventry alongside the X1 instead. However given the traffic issues would timekeeping and reliability suffer?
in a car that journey would take 1 and a half hours

BlackCountryBusSpotter

As I went to West Brom the other day and due to the 79 diversion in Wednesbury it reminded me of a route that Like 10-15 years ago went down the Holyhead Road which I remember riding with my Grandma who lived in Moxley that went past the Queen Anne works on the Holyhead Road I could have sworn it was the 79 as I swear it was a Double Decker and we were sat upstairs but looking at Google Maps the 79 didn't go there, so maybe it was a single Decker I think we went to West Bromwich so what Route would this have been there was a 639 but that wasn't an NX or TWM route was it. I swear that was a Midland Bus Company route. I also remember going past the Junction Pub in Herberts Park in Darlaston on a TWM B6 with my Dad from Walsall I think. So maybe it was the 639 but I don't remember what the 639 route was does anyone know. 

I would bring back maybe not the 639 as it maybe covered by the 79, 34/37/39 there was also the 645 and 327 around that area no idea again where they went but I would bring back a route through Herberts Park and down Holyhead Road though how it would use Holyhead Road without using the Black Country New Road I wouldn't know
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on December 10, 2023, 02:37:19 PMAs I went to West Brom the other day and due to the 79 diversion in Wednesbury it reminded me of a route that Like 10-15 years ago went down the Holyhead Road which I remember riding with my Grandma who lived in Moxley that went past the Queen Anne works on the Holyhead Road I could have sworn it was the 79 as I swear it was a Double Decker and we were sat upstairs but looking at Google Maps the 79 didn't go there, so maybe it was a single Decker I think we went to West Bromwich so what Route would this have been there was a 639 but that wasn't an NX or TWM route was it. I swear that was a Midland Bus Company route. I also remember going past the Junction Pub in Herberts Park in Darlaston on a TWM B6 with my Dad from Walsall I think. So maybe it was the 639 but I don't remember what the 639 route was does anyone know.

I would bring back maybe not the 639 as it maybe covered by the 79, 34/37/39 there was also the 645 and 327 around that area no idea again where they went but I would bring back a route through Herberts Park and down Holyhead Road though how it would use Holyhead Road without using the Black Country New Road I wouldn't know
Have you accounted for the 979 that ran direct Bilston to Wednesbury, missing out Darlo?

That ran from deregulation to when the Metro started, at a rough guess.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on December 10, 2023, 09:35:39 PMHave you accounted for the 979 that ran direct Bilston to Wednesbury, missing out Darlo?

That ran from deregulation to when the Metro started, at a rough guess.
Before my time I've only known the Moxley Darlaston and Bilston routes as the 339/39 and 79 and this 639 was part of that but not sure where entirely it ran maybe before I remember the 78 still existed and I remember the 79E that Joes Travel operated. The 79 eairlest I remember is the 43×× Tridents with the Circle Branding running to Birmingham and the 45×× with the Green Branding running to Birmingham
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk