News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bundy clock/ short workinhs

Started by Ginger66, October 10, 2023, 06:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

Is there any collination between the old bundy clock or short workings.

I know the 40 West Bromwich to Wednesbury has one or two short workings (stone cross) and (friar park) both sites has these clock's.

j789

Quote from: Ginger66 on October 10, 2023, 06:28:00 PMIs there any collination between the old bundy clock or short workings.

I know the 40 West Bromwich to Wednesbury has one or two short workings (stone cross) and (friar park) both sites has these clock's.
Surely all of the traditional short 11A/C working terminuses had Bundy clocks so perhaps you're right.

Tony

Quote from: j789 on October 11, 2023, 06:20:28 PMSurely all of the traditional short 11A/C working terminuses had Bundy clocks so perhaps you're right.

It wasn't short working places, there were 3 bundy clocks on each direction at the three timing points

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on October 11, 2023, 06:40:42 PMIt wasn't short working places, there were 3 bundy clocks on each direction at the three timing points
Whereabouts were these? I have vague recollections of there being bundy clocks at Bearwood Kings Head and Sarehole Mill, Hall Green but my memory isn't what it used to be. 

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on October 11, 2023, 07:05:47 PMWhereabouts were these? I have vague recollections of there being bundy clocks at Bearwood Kings Head and Sarehole Mill, Hall Green but my memory isn't what it used to be.

Bearwood, Sarehole Mill & Brookvale Road were the three on the inner ring
Fox & Goose on the outer ring and I have forgotton the two others

Rachvince53

Quote from: Tony on October 11, 2023, 07:38:55 PMBearwood, Sarehole Mill & Brookvale Road were the three on the inner ring
Think there was one at Harborne and Erdington. 

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Tony on October 11, 2023, 07:38:55 PMBearwood, Sarehole Mill & Brookvale Road were the three on the inner ring
IIRC the two others were Swanshurst Lane (top) and Handsworth Wood (Church Lane at Hamstead Road island).

Another question is how long did Birmingham Bundy clocks stay in use with WMPTE?  Was it until the early 1980s?  I remember some appearing in ex-Midland Red territory in the 1970s,  such as Chelmsley Wood and Birmingham International Station.

ellspurs

There used to be one at the Lanchester Way terminus in Smith's Wood. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk