News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Build Electric Buses in Birmingham

Started by crypto8, September 03, 2023, 10:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crypto8

Over the passed 2 weeks alone around the Swan island and down the A45 towards the airport.

I have seen approximately 6 London Transport Buses and 3 NXWM Coventry buses presumably all
heading off on delivery.

Would any one know where these are worked on in Birmingham Please?

Stu

Quote from: crypto8 on September 03, 2023, 10:02:36 AMOver the passed 2 weeks alone around the Swan island and down the A45 towards the airport.

I have seen approximately 6 London Transport Buses and 3 NXWM Coventry buses presumably all
heading off on delivery.

I don't know about the London ones, but Coventry's electrics have been stored at Birmingham Central, Walsall and Wolverhampton, so those you saw will be in process of final delivery.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

crypto8

Thank you.

I would say over the passed 6 months ive noted around 15+ London Ones all on the same route.

Am intrigued as to where they originate.  

Cheers

Tony

Quote from: crypto8 on September 03, 2023, 10:02:36 AMOver the passed 2 weeks alone around the Swan island and down the A45 towards the airport.

heading off on delivery.

They have work done on them at Graysons in Tyseley

crypto8

windy miller

The 'NEW' Electric vehicles  to be numbered from E164  to E193??  do we know where
  this batch of vehicles are destined for delivery ??   thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Owen

Quote from: windy miller on September 04, 2023, 06:24:10 PMThe 'NEW' Electric vehicles  to be numbered from E164  to E193??  do we know where
  this batch of vehicles are destined for delivery ??  thanks
I don't think it's planned yet, likely PB as the garage is new. The sutton's normally get new buses average 3-6 years and require around 30 vehicles

suavegarv

Quote from: crypto8 on September 03, 2023, 11:24:41 AMThank you.

I would say over the passed 6 months ive noted around 15+ London Ones all on the same route.

Am intrigued as to where they originate. 

Cheers

Saw two Abellio ones yesterday passing Yardley Job Centre,Cov Road,heading towards the airport.

Owen

Does anyone know if there is a EV in the body of a 2015-2020 MMC body

Tony

Quote from: Owen on September 07, 2023, 12:39:11 PMDoes anyone know if there is a EV in the body of a 2015-2020 MMC body
No, Alexander Dennis never offered it as an option 

Stu

Quote from: Owen on September 07, 2023, 12:39:11 PMDoes anyone know if there is a EV in the body of a 2015-2020 MMC body
Quote from: Tony on September 07, 2023, 12:40:15 PMNo, Alexander Dennis never offered it as an option

Only the single-deck Enviro200EV:
https://www.alexander-dennis.com/buses-coaches/byd-ad-enviro200ev/
My locals:

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on September 07, 2023, 06:48:28 PMOnly the single-deck Enviro200EV:
https://www.alexander-dennis.com/buses-coaches/byd-ad-enviro200ev/
Isn't that E200 body more of a single deck version of the E400 City body rather than the MMC body?

The E200 seems to share a lot in common with the E400 City, including the same asymmetrical front end and headlight arrangement. 

Stu

Quote from: Mike K on September 07, 2023, 07:10:11 PMIsn't that E200 body more of a single deck version of the E400 City body rather than the MMC body?

The E200 seems to share a lot in common with the E400 City, including the same asymmetrical front end and headlight arrangement.
They didn't specifically mention which 'MMC' they meant.

My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk