News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare rise and ticket changes July 2023

Started by Ginger66, June 18, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

QuoteDiamond bus news story now on our website
What will happen to existing purchases of the Dudley and Sandwell mTickets (I have a couple that I've brought but not yet activated)? 

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

As per the news article current tickets will still work until they expire.
Double check with our customer service regarding thise that are yet to be activated and comments@diamondbuses.com or via your app.

Steveminor

Quote from: winston on June 21, 2023, 04:31:05 PMThe Diamond announcement gives even less info on actual price changes than NX's & suggests more news will be available next week....

I suspect the changes still aren't fully agreed between TfWM & operators, hence why NX took the statement about being to use their tickets on any operator / any time from 3rd July off their initial announcement.
Winston you know more than anyone on here maybe except for Tony the importance of dotting i's and crossing t's.
More information will be available shortly 

mesub

QuoteWhen will "Street" give his two pence worth on the topic.

There are a range of news sites which have covered it now.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mayor-says-not-job-defend-27164121 seems to have the most detail at this moment in time though.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Westy

Quote from: Tony on June 19, 2023, 06:26:22 PM£60 4 week regional as per price list
It's a blooming great price hike though, paying £42 previously!

Before the last lot of price cuts pre-pandemic, it was £45 IIRC. 

The only advantage to me, is the bigger area & not having to pay a separate £4 / £4.20 for travel outside Walsall, assuming it's an Nbus ticket not an Nx only ticket, which as you're probably aware my travel pattern is bus to Walsall then 529 to Willenhall in the morning, but 326 back to Bloxwich at night!

Stu

Quote from: Westy on June 24, 2023, 09:13:57 AMIt's a blooming great price hike though, paying £42 previously!

Before the last lot of price cuts pre-pandemic, it was £45 IIRC.

The only advantage to me, is the bigger area & not having to pay a separate £4 / £4.20 for travel outside Walsall, assuming it's an Nbus ticket not an Nx only ticket, which as you're probably aware my travel pattern is bus to Walsall then 529 to Willenhall in the morning, but 326 back to Bloxwich at night!
The new pass will be valid on all operators.

If this is something you buy every month, why not switch to direct debit instead? £55 instead of £60 a month is a little bit of a saving.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 24, 2023, 09:20:53 AMThe new pass will be valid on all operators.

If this is something you buy every month, why not switch to direct debit instead? £55 instead of £60 a month is a little bit of a saving.
12 X £55, not 13 X £60 as well

karl724223

When's diamond announcing there fare rise and will they get as much abuse as nx and it's drivers

ellspurs

Yes, early next week, see the diamond thread (for reason why it is early next week), and of course not, all abuse is saved for you.

Mr Street is on the front of today's Birmingham Mail saying "IT'S NOT MY FAULT".

karl724223

Quote from: ellspurs on June 24, 2023, 03:29:13 PMYes, early next week, see the diamond thread (for reason why it is early next week), and of course not, all abuse is saved for you.

Mr Street is on the front of today's Birmingham Mail saying "IT'S NOT MY FAULT".
Oh yer camera crew andy another R SOLE 

Ginger66

Do you think the west midlands will be next to franchise buses,

Rachvince53

Quote from: Ginger66 on June 24, 2023, 07:16:12 PMDo you think the west midlands will be next to franchise buses,
It's within their remit to do so should the WMCA decide to go down that route.  However as far as I'm aware there are no plans to introduce franchises to the West Midlands.  

Straightlines

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 24, 2023, 07:56:32 PMIt's within their remit to do so should the WMCA decide to go down that route.  However as far as I'm aware there are no plans to introduce franchises to the West Midlands. 
Not like they are doing a full franchising assessment or anything is it...

Still no notices on BC vehicles.
6881 alongside a lot of other BC vehicles is still carrying its "cost of living up cost of bus down" poster.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on June 24, 2023, 11:17:57 PMStill no notices on BC vehicles.
6881 alongside a lot of other BC vehicles is still carrying its "cost of living up cost of bus down" poster.

Why would they put notices up when it's not fully confirmed until early next week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk