News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Fare rise and ticket changes July 2023

Started by Ginger66, June 18, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on June 30, 2023, 07:47:37 PMIf the boundary remains the same as the current Nbus it would be Ashfurlong Road in Whitehouse Common, the north eastern tip of the City of Birmingham.  If the same principle is applied as what NX are applying in Coventry, it would be the terminus in Tamworth.  I guess one way to confirm would be someone getting on the 110 in Tamworth on Monday morning, asking for "a day ticket I can use on the buses in Birmingham" and seeing what they get from the driver....
Nbus boundary will be the same as it currently is, existing operators may allow tickets on their current network as current now, but I cannot see any operator extending the zone where their own ticket that it is replacing doesn't already go.

This is a question asked to Management today
So with the fare increase NX daysaver can be used as a nbus ticket on other operators. But do we accept Stagecoach/Diamond ticket or must it be a nbus ticket? Please clarify.
This is a answer:-
It must be an nBus ticket to be accepted. This will be the primary ticket sold by Stagecoach and Diamond and others within the West Midlands. But Stagecoach etc tickets sold for out of county aren't valid.

Justin Tyme

I asked NXWM this question on Twitter today: -

"With NX and nBus day tickets merging from next week, will nBus tickets purchased on NX buses be valid on *all* NX routes, including services beyond the TfWM boundary to Cannock, Lichfield,  Nuneaton, etc?"

I was given this reply: -

"The nBus boundary will be extended to match the current NX boundary."

Bearing in mind what Tony says above, I am sure the extension only applies to NX buses.  On other operators buses the nBus boundary will not change.

JPC

If you look at it this way... would you think NX would want to stop selling day and season tickets to all their cross boundary travellers? - The merged ticket needs to have the validity of both tickets it's replacing.

Other operators might have the option to 'extend' their nBus validity if they would believe it is commercially worthwhile (in competitive areas such as the 148 to Bedworth/Nuneaton?) but I suppose they will stick to selling their own tickets for now to see how it pans out.

I am all for this fare revision and consider it a smart move for TFWM, NX and their customers, I used to be a direct debit customer a few years ago but returned to buying 4 week tickets as I wanted to switch back and forth between NX and nBus tickets due to the difference in the validity of them. Now with this one merged ticket I think I will be returning to direct debit in due course - which incidentally is just the same price as I was paying around 4 years ago for a less superior ticket.

Ginger66

Regarding the fare increase why aren't TfWM using the information board containing the timetable in bus stops to advertise the fare increase so passengers are well informed.

This is where most passengers get information about what time the next bus is and by having the latest and correct fare information in the bus stops it will be beneficial.    

I rarely by newspaper or watch the local or national news, if I didn't have the internet I wouldn't have known about the fare rise till I got on a bus. But how many passengers read the notices on the buses as most passengers including myself am stuck in our phones.

Westy

Quote from: Ginger66 on July 01, 2023, 11:03:27 AMRegarding the fare increase why aren't TfWM using the information board containing the timetable in bus stops to advertise the fare increase so passengers are well informed.

This is where most passengers get information about what time the next bus is and by having the latest and correct fare information in the bus stops it will be beneficial.   

I rarely by newspaper or watch the local or national news, if I didn't have the internet I wouldn't have known about the fare rise till I got on a bus. But how many passengers read the notices on the buses as most passengers including myself am stuck in our phones.

If the notices concerned are on there in the first place!

suavegarv

Presumably the operator issuing the ticket keeps £4 ish? I wonder how the rest is distributed,especially to smaller operators who don't issue many currently?

j789

Quote from: suavegarv on July 01, 2023, 04:07:55 PMPresumably the operator issuing the ticket keeps £4 ish? I wonder how the rest is distributed,especially to smaller operators who don't issue many currently?
If you take out NXWM, Rotala, Stagecoach and Arriva from the West Mids operating territory then there are very few commercially operated services by other companies - these smaller companies mostly operate contracted services for Centro where the company doesn't keep the money so it doesn't matter what you mention for them.

Also, clearly the companies involved will have costed this out to make it worthwhile for them otherwise they wouldn't be doing this in the first place.

MW

Quote from: j789 on July 01, 2023, 05:21:03 PMIf you take out NXWM, Rotala, Stagecoach and Arriva from the West Mids operating territory then there are very few commercially operated services by other companies - these smaller companies mostly operate contracted services for Centro where the company doesn't keep the money so it doesn't matter what you mention for them.

Also, clearly the companies involved will have costed this out to make it worthwhile for them otherwise they wouldn't be doing this in the first place.

Wrong. As usual.

metrocity

Quote from: j789 on July 01, 2023, 05:21:03 PMIf you take out NXWM, Rotala, Stagecoach and Arriva from the West Mids operating territory then there are very few commercially operated services by other companies - these smaller companies mostly operate contracted services for Centro where the company doesn't keep the money so it doesn't matter what you mention for them.

There's nothing like facts and this post is nothing like facts...

sonic84

I also wondered this.

I currently buy at daysaver but only travel on NXWM buses so they get the full £4.

I can still only travel on NXWM services but do they still get at least £4 of the £4.50? 

j789

Quote from: MW on July 01, 2023, 05:25:40 PMWrong. As usual.
Typically inept response! Like to tell me what all these commercially run routes by smaller companies are? GO AHEAD ...

And before you start quoting Banga routes and similar, READ what I wrote - I said they 'mostly operate contracted services' which they do.

I will wait for your long list of West Midlands commercial routes run by companies other than those I mentioned (NXWM/Rotala/Stagecoach/Arriva).

?????????????

j789

Quote from: metrocity on July 01, 2023, 06:45:07 PMThere's nothing like facts and this post is nothing like facts...
Please add some facts to your response then to disprove what I said. Provide an extended list of fully commercially operated routes run by companies other than the big 4 mentioned. Your response would suggest there must be loads so I look forward to this information 👍

Stu

Quote from: MW on July 01, 2023, 05:25:40 PMWrong. As usual.

Quote from: metrocity on July 01, 2023, 06:45:07 PMThere's nothing like facts and this post is nothing like facts...

Please, for my benefit, as well as others not privy to such details, could you both kindly point out what is wrong and what the actual facts are?

I'm genuinely curious to know more.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: j789 on July 01, 2023, 07:50:27 PMTypically inept response! Like to tell me what all these commercially run routes by smaller companies are? GO AHEAD ...

And before you start quoting Banga routes and similar, READ what I wrote - I said they 'mostly operate contracted services' which they do.

I will wait for your long list of West Midlands commercial routes run by companies other than those I mentioned (NXWM/Rotala/Stagecoach/Arriva).

?????????????

All WMCA contracted services are on a net subsidy basis - in other words, the operator keeps all revenue regardless if it's NX, Rotala, Kevs or LandFlight.

So what you posted is nonsense, which I know is standard from you but some members of the forum who aren't as informed might mistake your usual propaganda as factual. I'll quote below:

these smaller companies mostly operate contracted services for Centro where the company doesn't keep the money so it doesn't matter what you mention for them.

Rachvince53

You could also mention that Centro hasn't been used for many years. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk