News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Year 2023 service changes Coventry

Started by JPC, November 26, 2022, 04:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

It has been changed to 7 on the Stagecoach website now.

JPC

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 22, 2022, 01:38:55 PM
20A - Timetable COMING SOON

I imagine this must be a typo for 20C? - a final piece in the jigsaw of replacement bus services, it could potentially be a shorter route i.e tendered from UHCW to Arena Park/Foleshill, but as they're seemingly using the number 20 I guess Stagecoach are extending to the City Centre under their own steam - possibly in unison with a NXC '20E'. :rolleyes:

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: JPC on December 22, 2022, 07:29:59 PMI imagine this must be a typo for 20C? - a final piece in the jigsaw of replacement bus services, it could potentially be a shorter route i.e tendered from UHCW to Arena Park/Foleshill, but as they're seemingly using the number 20 I guess Stagecoach are extending to the City Centre under their own steam - possibly in unison with a NXC '20E'. :rolleyes:
Could be a replacement for the 20C
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

stellasteve

Stagecoach website now with full timetables. 20A seems to just be 3 evening departures to the hospital (21.00, 22.00, 23.00) from Trinity Street and back again at each half hour. 51 includes the current 1, 5 and 20C to extend to the hospital in the daytime, giving Coundon and Radford a direct service to the hospital not seen since the outer circle was cut. The one thing which has confused me is the stop labelled "Coundon Bablake School" which i presume is a typo for Westhill Road/Courtland Avenue where the 1 currently terminates. Hopefully this service will get more patronage with the extra links so it doesn't get given the same fate as many other routes in the city.

paulb1973

Quote from: stellasteve on December 23, 2022, 12:50:58 PMStagecoach website now with full timetables. 20A seems to just be 3 evening departures to the hospital (21.00, 22.00, 23.00) from Trinity Street and back again at each half hour. 51 includes the current 1, 5 and 20C to extend to the hospital in the daytime, giving Coundon and Radford a direct service to the hospital not seen since the outer circle was cut. The one thing which has confused me is the stop labelled "Coundon Bablake School" which i presume is a typo for Westhill Road/Courtland Avenue where the 1 currently terminates. Hopefully this service will get more patronage with the extra links so it doesn't get given the same fate as many other routes in the city.
The school grounds on Hollyfast Rd/Westhill Rd belongs to Bablake School. The school house is opposite Gaveston Road.

JPC

Quote from: stellasteve on December 23, 2022, 12:50:58 PMStagecoach website now with full timetables. 20A seems to just be 3 evening departures to the hospital (21.00, 22.00, 23.00) from Trinity Street and back again at each half hour. 51 includes the current 1, 5 and 20C to extend to the hospital in the daytime, giving Coundon and Radford a direct service to the hospital not seen since the outer circle was cut. The one thing which has confused me is the stop labelled "Coundon Bablake School" which i presume is a typo for Westhill Road/Courtland Avenue where the 1 currently terminates. Hopefully this service will get more patronage with the extra links so it doesn't get given the same fate as many other routes in the city.
Ha! In the first post of this thread I did hint the assumption of a 'semi-orbital' type route being put out to tender encompassing bits of the 1/5/20C/31, so here we have it....
This long 51 service looks OK in principal and I agree with the extra links etc, but I see a few flaws, 1) it seems Everdon Rd isn't served. 2) the inbound schedule at Earlsdon isn't co-ordinated headway with the existing NXC service 2, Earlsdon will have two inbound buses 12 mins apart then a 48 minute gap each hour for most of the day, why or how TfWM are allowing this to happen I don't know but the reason would be so there isn't more than three buses on the 51 service.

Steveminor

Quote from: JPC on December 23, 2022, 04:22:28 PMbut the reason would be so there isn't more than three buses on the 51 service.
That seems a reasonable assumption, more buses equals more cost!!

Tony

QuoteThat seems a reasonable assumption, more buses equals more cost!!
probably looking at £40-£50 an hour to run a bus at the moment, average income per passenger is around £1 average when you take in pass use, so would putting an extra bus on the route from 07:00 to 19:00 attract another c500 people to use the service is what you have to look at.

JPC

It looks like service 2 has received a sneaky removal of it's Sunday service, fair enough they were short journeys and probably not carrying much, but no obvious announcement about this by any party nor any variation on the registration (yet).

The 16 now interworks with 5/5A (Sundays/Evenings).

Danthebusman

Wonder if the 16 will see singles during weekdays since the 17 is going to be seeing more deckers with its interworking with the 9

BNH2004

Quote from: Danthebusman on January 02, 2023, 11:27:48 AMWonder if the 16 will see singles during weekdays since the 17 is going to be seeing more deckers with its interworking with the 9
Probably be the same allocation as it was before as 16 is a WN route and 17 and 9 was a PN route

Quote from: BNH2004 on January 02, 2023, 02:22:06 PMProbably be the same allocation as it was before as 16 is a WN route and 17 and 9 was a PN route
They're talking about the Coventry 16, 17, 9.
Which is a very long way East from Wombourne.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on January 02, 2023, 02:29:48 PMThey're talking about the Coventry 16, 17, 9.
Which is a very long way East from Wombourne.
Just about as far as Stagecoach doing the Birmingham runs from Rugby!

stellasteve

The Stagecoach version of the 7 is now numbered 7C which I believe someone mentioned before but another person said it was wrong. The full destination into city on 26219 says 7C Pool Meadow via Holyhead Road - likely to differentiate from the National Express 7. Passenger numbers have taken a hit even for a bank holiday though - only 3 passengers including myself were on the bus during my journey compared to a constant 10-15 on the NX 7.

JPC

Quote from: JPC on January 02, 2023, 11:10:52 AMIt looks like service 2 has received a sneaky removal of it's Sunday service, fair enough they were short journeys and probably not carrying much, but no obvious announcement about this by any party nor any variation on the registration (yet).

Judging by Bustimes history it would appear the Sunday service wasn't operated on service 2 for the month of January! - did that really happen?,
Since 5th Feb it's has a vehicle (B7RLE) shuttling 16 minutes each way every hour, I suppose there was no thought in extending these short journeys to Herald Avenue Sainsburys at least and link with other routes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk