News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Year 2023 service changes Coventry

Started by JPC, November 26, 2022, 04:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

Looking at the details in the amended DVSA registrations it looks like the following NXC changes are on the cards,
As usual don't take the following as gospel or the full story...

1 - NXC will no longer operate.
3 - Warwickshire Shopping Park to University Hospital removed from route.
5/5B - Norman Place Road to Lythalls Lane/Everdon Road removed from route.
7 - Evenings and Sunday journeys between City and Brownshill Green removed.
19 - NXC will no longer operate.
20C - Foleshill to University Hospital removed from route.
31 - NXC will no longer operate.

Also amended timetables for 8/9, 14/14A and 17/17A ... TfWM hint a possible removal of Evening and Sunday journeys between Rail Station and Finham on service 9.

In less constrained times one would assume there is going to be a 'semi-orbital' type route put out to tender encompassing bits of the 1/5/20C/31 (?).
Just a waiting game now for all to be revealed.

stellasteve

Quote from: JPC on November 26, 2022, 04:35:28 PMLooking at the details in the amended DVSA registrations it looks like the following NXC changes are on the cards,

1 - NXC will no longer operate.
5/5B - Norman Place Road to Lythalls Lane/Everdon Road removed from route.
7 - Evenings and Sunday journeys between City and Brownshill Green removed.
19 - NXC will no longer operate.
20C - Foleshill to University Hospital removed from route.
31 - NXC will no longer operate.

Also amended timetables for 8/9, 14/14A and 17/17A ... TfWM hint a possible removal of Evening and Sunday journeys between Rail Station and Finham on service 9.

In less constrained times one would assume there is going to be a 'semi-orbital' type route put out to tender encompassing bits of the 1/5/20C/31 (?).
Just a waiting game now for all to be revealed.
I've heard that there is a new tender to replace the 1 combined with the northern section of the 5 from Coundon running back to the Arena apparently running every hour called the 15. The 20C I assume will just be left as is unless the 703 takes over a portion and I would assume the 31 is just being cut out as a result of the 3 to Hospital ending and the 703 following the portion of unserved route along Deedmore Road. As I say though, this is only what I've heard - we will have to wait for the official announcement.

Sams-Buses

I hope there is some form of replacement for the 20C I use it to get to work at the Hospital from Walsgrave. 

I never understood the change of the 1 from Walsgrave to Chapelfields to Coventry to Coundon 

Buses need to stop changing all the time it confuses people and puts people off the services . 

The 5 has changed so many times in the last year the people in Coundon must be getting fed up

Everything needs to change for the good now 

Coventrybususer95

With the 1 being withdrawn i wonder if there will be an increase on the number 2 route or will another company take over it 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Sandy Lane

From above - 1 - NXC will no longer operate.

If NXC has dropped the 1 could it be someone else will step in? 

Diamond used to run it from the hospital to the train station and onwards. Be good to see them back again!!!!!

JPC

Quote from: stellasteve on November 26, 2022, 07:47:35 PMI've heard that there is a new tender to replace the 1 combined with the northern section of the 5 from Coundon running back to the Arena apparently running every hour called the 15. The 20C I assume will just be left as is unless the 703 takes over a portion and I would assume the 31 is just being cut out as a result of the 3 to Hospital ending and the 703 following the portion of unserved route along Deedmore Road. As I say though, this is only what I've heard - we will have to wait for the official announcement.

This assumed new "15" certainly makes sense and something virtually the same was planned to happen in September 2021 (numbered as "29") before it was quickly changed for some unbeknown reason, Coundon to Arena Park is near enough a 30 minute journey so will be an easy bolt on to existing service.

The Stagecoach 703 could be amended to miss out Bell Green and go via Lentons Lane instead because Bell Green already has more regular links to UHCW, Arena Park and Victoria Farm (with services 20A, 22 and Arriva 78), it can still call to Wood End to link with the 21 and may need Saturday service reinstating - it looks like some roads between Potters Green and UHCW are going to lose out though.

Bits of the the 19 route could be covered with the 24/25/25A diverting via Stoney Rd and Humphrey Burton Rd and the Stagecoach 87/87A via Cannon Hill Rd and Canley Crematorium.

I also have visions of the Stagecoach 60 covering Dorchester Way, Skipworth Road and Warwickshire Shopping Park but think there is much lesser odds on that happening.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on November 27, 2022, 09:45:16 PMThis assumed new "15" certainly makes sense and something virtually the same was planned to happen in September 2021 (numbered as "29") before it was quickly changed for some unbeknown reason, Coundon to Arena Park is near enough a 30 minute journey so will be an easy bolt on to existing service.

The Stagecoach 703 could be amended to miss out Bell Green and go via Lentons Lane instead because Bell Green already has more regular links to UHCW, Arena Park and Victoria Farm (with services 20A, 22 and Arriva 78), it can still call to Wood End to link with the 21 and may need Saturday service reinstating - it looks like some roads between Potters Green and UHCW are going to lose out though.

Bits of the the 19 route could be covered with the 24/25/25A diverting via Stoney Rd and Humphrey Burton Rd and the Stagecoach 87/87A via Cannon Hill Rd and Canley Crematorium.

I also have visions of the Stagecoach 60 covering Dorchester Way, Skipworth Road and Warwickshire Shopping Park but think there is much lesser odds on that happening.
It sounds like those roads currently covered by the 3, will go un-served again, which would be a shame.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: paulb1973 on November 28, 2022, 05:54:36 PMIt sounds like those roads currently covered by the 3, will go un-served again, which would be a shame.

Extend the route of the one a day 218 ?

Quote from: Sandy Lane on November 28, 2022, 06:16:40 PMExtend the route of the one a day 218 ?
Its once a week apparently. Friday only. Basically a shoppers bus it seems.
https://bustimes.org/services/218-binley-woods-walsgrave-tesco
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: 2206 on November 28, 2022, 07:11:13 PMIts once a week apparently. Friday only. Basically a shoppers bus it seems.
https://bustimes.org/services/218-binley-woods-walsgrave-tesco
Not many bus users on Dorchester Way so once a week could just do it!

Sams-Buses

The biggest problem with the 20C/31/703 is the timings . The 31 leaves the hospital at 45 mins past the hour 

703/20C leave at around quarter past .

The 20C needs timetable changes to make a half hourly service with the 703 to the hospital and to the arena because sometimes 2 buses literally follow each other down jackers road in aldermans green it's actually embarrassing. 

Get rid of the 31 and have the 20C leave at quarter to going to town and then the 703 which leaves at quarter past . Instead of just withdrawing the 20C cause that is just going to cause issues 

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JPC on November 26, 2022, 04:35:28 PMLooking at the details in the amended DVSA registrations it looks like the following NXC changes are on the cards,

So is the 3 still ?
  • Pending decision: There are still a number of services that we are working through, these will be published on this page when ready.

paulb1973

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 05, 2022, 09:59:56 PMSo is the 3 still ?
  • Pending decision: There are still a number of services that we are working through, these will be published on this page when ready.

Was the 3 (Binley to UHCW section) on that TfWM 'at danger' list - not sure that it was. But, in saying that, something may still appear on that website regards the NXC 3.

Sams-Buses

Seems official that the 31 will be Withdrawn in the new year 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk