News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Guru Travel T/A GT Coach Hire

Started by Michael Bevan, April 20, 2022, 12:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

A recent addition to the Guru fleet is ALX400 LX03 OPY which was out over the Easter weekend on Coventry-International rails. The vehicle still wears it's old Chatham & District Traction Company livery (minus the Chatham & District vinyls) which it wore whilst with it's previous owners at Nu-Venture.

B61 ANDREW

Do Guru still have Bova LSU 113 ??  

mikestone

Dart SK07 DZN on rail replacement at Stafford today.
;
Curiously
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152548655@N03/32187584208
'
shows it clearly as SX07DZN

cris 99

i saw it yesterday at Birmingham International and was definately SK07DZN 
17//72/73/97/X12

mikestone

Yes - the point I singularly failed to make was its weird that a major operator managed to put out a vehicle with an erroneous plate.

the trainbasher

Quote from: mikestone on July 12, 2022, 05:58:14 PMYes - the point I singularly failed to make was its weird that a major operator managed to put out a vehicle with an erroneous plate.
*cough Lothian cough*

EDIT - Ah, didn't realise that until Tony's message.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

mikestone

All-wite Enviro E200 LK56URO on Crewe Horse Landing last night.

hlliwmai

ex-Thandi Dart NK56 EPJ has now joined the fleet 

Solo1

They also have NK56EPC& NK56EPU ex thandi wonder if they have any more from thandi 

LNational

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 11, 2022, 11:24:01 PMex-Thandi Dart NK56 EPJ has now joined the fleet
This was at Stafford station this evening, no operator markings or identity but in Thandi livery. Looked tidy but Smokey.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: LNational on June 05, 2023, 11:54:29 PMThis was at Stafford station this evening, no operator markings or identity but in Thandi livery. Looked tidy but Smokey.

Guru's Darts tend to do a lot of miles! Heard them being used on rail replacement all over the country, and on runs in emergency (one I remember was a Dart doing Rugby to London Euston and another doing Rugby to Liverpool Lime Street a few weeks ago).

mikestone

EPC was parked there at 16.10 causing a problem for a school coach which drew up alongside and couldn't make the turn and, probably wisely, then chose to back off rather than continue along Railway Street and try to get out that way. I thought it was still there when I came back from the pub around 20.00 and didn't register it being a different one - if it was both have an advert for Stagecoach MegaRider in the first offside window.
;
Other vehicles noted were OW15WKC, who's owner I can't recall, which had both front and rear screens scrolling between "Departs 14.10" and "LNw Replacement to Rugby". No idea what the rationale for the 14.10 departure time was about 13.45 a clearly exasperated announcer had directed Rugeley passengers to the "public bus" and the rest via Birmingham.
;
Orbit E21ORB was there at 12.50 , I assumed having arrived from Rugby, but never heard it announced as going back.

4369Beast

Quote from: mikestone on June 06, 2023, 12:28:32 PMEPC was parked there at 16.10 causing a problem for a school coach which drew up alongside and couldn't make the turn and, probably wisely, then chose to back off rather than continue along Railway Street and try to get out that way. I thought it was still there when I came back from the pub around 20.00 and didn't register it being a different one - if it was both have an advert for Stagecoach MegaRider in the first offside window.
;
Other vehicles noted were OW15WKC, who's owner I can't recall, which had both front and rear screens scrolling between "Departs 14.10" and "LNw Replacement to Rugby". No idea what the rationale for the 14.10 departure time was about 13.45 a clearly exasperated announcer had directed Rugeley passengers to the "public bus" and the rest via Birmingham.
;
Orbit E21ORB was there at 12.50 , I assumed having arrived from Rugby, but never heard it announced as going back.
OW15 WKC is owned by "Mighty Travels"

Wba_lad

GX53 MWJ, Dennis dart, saw parked up this evening at Coventry rail station, assuming was going to do rail replacement or was on rail replacement standby for the leamington spa to Nuneaton line via Coventry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk