News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Predictions for 2022

Started by Steve3229vp, December 27, 2021, 03:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: BusMan Greg on December 30, 2021, 11:43:43 AM
More cuts to the Chaserider network if future plans don't work out

Another Arriva garage will shut

Which Arriva depot is currently getting all the crap vehicles that would've gone to Cannock in the past?

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Westy on December 30, 2021, 12:28:01 PM
Which Arriva depot is currently getting all the crap vehicles that would've gone to Cannock in the past?
Hard to say when most of the shit arriva had got purchased by D&G

leicesterbusadventurer

I don't think that Arriva Leicester's DB250s have that long left. They'll either move south or get withdrawn depending on their conditions. One already has been withdrawn.

GoldenSquid

• If Coventry gets all of their electrics next year, I see a lot of bus transfers - with a bunch of eclipse 2's replacing the omnilinks. Coventry alx's/geminis being withdrawn and the E40D replacing either the BC or WN alx400s.

• Coventry platinum moving to Birmingham to run a new platinum service (maybe the 97 to displace some alx400s out of Birmingham)

• Sprint being delayed (as other people stated)

• I agree that more routes will become platinum (possible 4 to become EV, although that might not be 2022)

• A lot of bus service cuts, as people don't return to transport - because of covid.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Wonder if the X2/Sprint to Solihull will be run from Walsall as well? Meaning BC will no longer run it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Could we potentially find out the locations of the east Brum and south Brum sites to replace central towards back end of the year ?

Stu

Quote from: GoldenSquid on December 30, 2021, 09:57:47 PM
• If Coventry gets all of their electrics next year, I see a lot of bus transfers - with a bunch of eclipse 2's replacing the omnilinks. Coventry alx's/geminis being withdrawn and the E40D replacing either the BC or WN alx400s.

I doubt very much that the entire CV fleet will be replaced with electric vehicles all in one go, the city is not due to be 'all-electric' until 2025.

There could well be more vehicles delivered to CV this year though, but I don't know this for certain.

Single deck vehicles would probably be the last to be replaced, or maybe some could be candidates for electric conversion, as Diamond have already trialled.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BN

Quote from: Stu on December 31, 2021, 09:54:37 AM
I doubt very much that the entire CV fleet will be replaced with electric vehicles all in one go, the city is not due to be 'all-electric' until 2025.

There could well be more vehicles delivered to CV this year though, but I don't know this for certain.

Single deck vehicles would probably be the last to be replaced, or maybe some could be candidates for electric conversion, as Diamond have already trialled.
I might be wrong but I think there is 120 due next year for CV, that came from a weekly brief from the MD.

Sandy Lane

Has CV garage got all the electric charging points for the extra 120 buses?

MW

Quote from: Stu on December 31, 2021, 09:54:37 AM

Watching the video that's appeared elsewhere in the forum where a couple of Routemaster owners visit a scrap yard up north, it's mentioned that some of the first few vehicles that were retrofitted with electric drivetrains have been scrapped due to unreliability/component failure. As far as I'm aware, they were also Magtec like the Diamond Plaxton Centros.

I believe they were open top Plaxton Presidents.

I'm interested to see how the Plaxton Centros pan out.

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 31, 2021, 02:30:32 PM
Has CV garage got all the electric charging points for the extra 120 buses?

It will have by the time they arrive.  The first ones are at least 10 months away and won't all be here next year

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on December 31, 2021, 02:59:10 PM
It will have by the time they arrive.  The first ones are at least 10 months away and won't all be here next year

Are they going to be a mixture of adl and Wrights?

Anything coming to the Birmingham and black country?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

B61 ANDREW

First calling it a day on the 144 between Birmingham and Bromsgrove ?? 

Gareth

There seems to be a lot of obsession with the Omnilinks going. The oldest ones are still in the process of being refurbed. They ain't going anywhere for a while.

Stu

Quote from: Gareth on December 31, 2021, 04:42:13 PM
There seems to be a lot of obsession with the Omnilinks going. The oldest ones are still in the process of being refurbed. They ain't going anywhere for a while.

I have commented elsewhere here that the later OmniLinks (from 2009 onwards) with the grey interiors still look very smart, and it is sometimes hard to believe these are now approaching 12/13 years old.

Whereas I find that the earlier examples with the original 'blue' interior styling do look more 'tired' and 'grubby'.

Despite some misgivings, I do find these are still fine buses to travel on (just not when they get overcrowded) and they'll have a few more years of life left in them.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk