News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Predictions for 2022

Started by Steve3229vp, December 27, 2021, 03:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

I thought it would be a bit of fun to predict what might happen to buses (routes, vehicles etc) in 2022.

I'll start with the new Sprint service being numbered with an 'S' prefix as follows:
S1 Walsall - Perry Barr - Birmingham - Sheldon - Airport/NEC
S2 Walsall - Perry Barr - Birmingham - Sheldon - Solihull.

Other predictions:
Diamond to change the 96 to include a variation to New Oscott as 96A to replace the 89.
NX 41 Acocks Green - QE, 46 QE - Northfield, 48 West Brom - Northfield to all change again with the 41 extending to Hawkesley via 46 route, 48 to extend to Hawkesley via 46 route. 46 withdrawn.
More info on cross-city services eg Dudley Road to Druids Heath 50/82/87

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 27, 2021, 03:51:12 PM
I thought it would be a bit of fun to predict what might happen to buses (routes, vehicles etc) in 2022.

I'll start with the new Sprint service being numbered with an 'S' prefix as follows:
S1 Walsall - Perry Barr - Birmingham - Sheldon - Airport/NEC
S2 Walsall - Perry Barr - Birmingham - Sheldon - Solihull.

Other predictions:
Diamond to change the 96 to include a variation to New Oscott as 96A to replace the 89.
NX 41 Acocks Green - QE, 46 QE - Northfield, 48 West Brom - Northfield to all change again with the 41 extending to Hawkesley via 46 route, 48 to extend to Northfield via 46 route. 46 withdrawn.
More info on cross-city services eg Dudley Road to Druids Heath 50/82/87
72 swapped to serve Old Lode Lane with X2 (Sprint) using Hobs Moat Road maybe? Last time I went past there are already Sprint Shelters in place on Hobs Moat Road. A lot of the passenger usage on Old Lode Lane does seem to be Solihull bound rather than Birmingham bound as far as i've noticed anyway.
The Solihull one will be starting before the Airport route to I think it was said.

11 going back to a single route possibly to?

48 already goes to Northfield though. I think you might mean Hawkesley, but not sure.

Also wouldn't be surprising to see a few more minor cuts I guess.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: 2206 on December 27, 2021, 06:12:36 PM
72 swapped to serve Old Lode Lane with X2 (Sprint) using Hobs Moat Road maybe? Last time I went past there are already Sprint Shelters in place on Hobs Moat Road. A lot of the passenger usage on Old Lode Lane does seem to be Solihull bound rather than Birmingham bound as far as i've noticed anyway.
The Solihull one will be starting before the Airport route to I think it was said.

11 going back to a single route possibly to?

48 already goes to Northfield though. I think you might mean Hawkesley, but not sure.

Also wouldn't be surprising to see a few more minor cuts I guess.

Your right about the 48, post now edited and corrected

markcf83

All 42XX/43XX to be withdrawn. Inroads into the 44XX too.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Solo1

The roadworks at Perry Barr should be done for the games so think after June the 11a/c might return to a circle again

Solo1

Quote from: markcf83 on December 27, 2021, 09:37:47 PM
All 42XX/43XX to be withdrawn. Inroads into the 44XX too.
I make it about 53  42XX/43XX Left in service
Coventry 44XX could go if  the electric buses come next year for Coventry

BBS

Quote from: Solo1 on December 27, 2021, 11:30:03 PM
I make it about 53  42XX/43XX Left in service
Coventry 44XX could go if  the electric buses come next year for Coventry
I mean garages like Acocks green who have loads of ALX400's and bunches of 43** at WN they will have a problem if they aren't replaced. AG tend to use their ALX on any route that isn't a Euro 6 route for example the 41. If they are gonna go what will happen?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack

Quote from: bbs on December 28, 2021, 01:35:00 AM
I mean garages like Acocks green who have loads of ALX400's and bunches of 43** at WN they will have a problem if they aren't replaced. AG tend to use their ALX on any route that isn't a Euro 6 route for example the 41. If they are gonna go what will happen?
Be replaced by something that's been cascaded?

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: bbs on December 28, 2021, 01:35:00 AM
Potentially walsall 48** batch when all hydrogens eventually come into use with sprint when its launched

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on December 28, 2021, 05:40:18 AM
Potentially walsall 48** batch when all hydrogens eventually come into use with sprint when its launched

Walsall still has some 43xx don't they?

BBS

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on December 28, 2021, 05:40:18 AM
Could do for WN but not sure if AG are able to have those E400s
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Solo1

Quote from: bbs on December 28, 2021, 10:52:52 AM
Could do for WN but not sure if AG are able to have those E400s
8  of the 48** to BC to get rid of the 44**  to  Walsall or wolves inturn  replace the 43**  that are set to.go.

cardew

The 44** at BC are Euro6 conversions, I would think unconverted ones elsewhere would be more likely to be got rid of first. 

If the plan is still for Walsall's hydrogens to take on the Solihull journeys I wouldn't expect a large number of their E400s to leave.

I actually wonder how quickly new buses will arrive in 2022. New diesels have been ruled out, Hydrogen needs fuelling infrastructure and outdoor parking so only WA likely to be ready in the short term, and is there sufficient capacity in the garages with indoor parking to fit lots of electric chargers?

There will also be plenty of orders placed for the regions that got ZEBRA government funding so I wonder how quickly new vehicles could be delivered.

At least it will be interesting

Ginger66

I'm going to predict something that might not happen in 2022 but could in the future with WMB {West Midlands Bus}

16: Hamstead - Birmingham extended to West Bromwich and possible joint timetable with Diamond.

4/4M/4H: Walsall - West Bromwich - Blackheath/Merry Hill/Hayley Green - possible joint timetable with Diamond with one operator for Merry Hill and one for Hayley Green

Diamond Bus 401 Walsall  - Yew Tree renumbered 45 and extended to West Bromwich

45 Walsall to West Bromwich joint timetable with diamond.

Ginger66

Other why of and not possible predictions

Arriva will look at merging with either the Rotala group which owns Diamond or Go-Ahead Group

A UK Bus group is formed like UK Tram to look at how

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk