News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

N BUS Ticket extension?

Started by Bob, July 28, 2012, 01:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Can you board a West midlands bound bus in Cannock, eg 1/2/2A/32/33 Walsall, 68/70 Wolverhampton, X31 Birmingham and buy an N Bus ticket with a small add on? It would be a great help if you could!!!

Tony

Arriva used to have it programmed into their machines as a Centro add on for single journies over the boundary, don't know if they still do

Bob

is that if your purchasing an n bus from Cannock?

Tony

Quote from: bob on July 28, 2012, 03:24:41 PM

Yes, I live in Cannock and have an nNetwork pass, Arriva used to have a special add on single/return to the county boundary. I haven't needed to use one for a couple of years, so don't know for definate if they still have. They used to sell nBus + extra tickets on the Cannock-Wolverhampton route as well for the people of Featherston

Discodave

Quote from: Tony on July 28, 2012, 03:52:02 PM
Quote from: bob on July 28, 2012, 03:24:41 PM

Yes, I live in Cannock and have an nNetwork pass, Arriva used to have a special add on single/return to the county boundary. I haven't needed to use one for a couple of years, so don't know for definate if they still have. They used to sell nBus + extra tickets on the Cannock-Wolverhampton route as well for the people of Featherston
Tony going on when I last spoke to a long standing driver the nubus + extra is now stopped you can buy the bus/metro ticket in featherstone and coven/brewood for no extra cost and use it there and back any further its a sorry I am afraid as the fares were done so it costs basically as if you had no nbus ticket plus returns were dropped a while ago when i was there on the old wayfarers

Bob

Just shows what a crap system we have!

woody38

you can get an Nbus add on, ask the driver for a nbuss add on my brother got one on thursday, it costs £2.20 each way for the bit from the West Midlands boundary to Cannock plus £4.00 for the nbus.

Bob

can u do it the other way? ie get the bus in cannock and buy the add on b4 u get to west midlands

Tony

Quote from: woody38 on July 28, 2012, 07:01:30 PM
you can get an Nbus add on, ask the driver for a nbuss add on my brother got one on thursday, it costs £2.20 each way for the bit from the West Midlands boundary to Cannock plus £4.00 for the nbus.

£4.40 for the add on to get to Cannock now! The add on to the nNetwork ticket on the train to Cannock is about 80p. It looks like it would be cheaper to get at Daytripper+rail add on to Cannock and get exactly the same travel in the West Midlands with the added bonus of rail!

Discodave

basically that what the fare is from cannock to the boundry so how can it be an add on 80p is a lot more farer as I said there is no add on at all it was ditched ages ago and I would use the train to add

Discodave

Quote from: bob on July 28, 2012, 07:36:12 PM
can u do it the other way? ie get the bus in cannock and buy the add on b4 u get to west midlands
no see above post

vinh1000

thanks for this information
though I have a nnetwork if i use it on service 70 the arriva driver generally does not care and allows the ticket to travel full route to Cannock or Wolverhampton
Route 68 however only from essignton it is valid
Seems that nNetwork has a wider boundary than nBus but the info in the post makes me reconsider whether cheaper to get a nBus or nNetwork
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Bob

Stupid crap boundary rules its pathetic! and they want people to use public transport!

vinh1000

Quote from: bob on August 02, 2012, 08:18:24 PM
Stupid crap boundary rules its pathetic! and they want people to use public transport!
Yeah sometimes its really odd as I tried to board the X31 a few yards from the boundary (since I had problem with the leg) and driver expects me to pay something over £2 to travel a few yards to the WM boundarys :S
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

MW

Quote from: bob on August 02, 2012, 08:18:24 PM

It's common sense to be honest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk