News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

National Express Shuttle

Started by DJ, August 15, 2021, 10:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

An operator called 'National Express Shuttle' has appeared on Bus Times, with various routes registered in the North East, in and around Sunderland for the most part. The routes seem to be current Stagecoach and Go North East routes, so I'm guessing these are council tenders?

If anyone knows any information and they're able to share it, it'd be appreciated.

https://bustimes.org/operators/national-express-shuttle

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Quote from: DJ on August 15, 2021, 10:11:21 PM
An operator called 'National Express Shuttle' has appeared on Bus Times, with various routes registered in the North East, in and around Sunderland for the most part. The routes seem to be current Stagecoach and Go North East routes, so I'm guessing these are council tenders?

If anyone knows any information and they're able to share it, it'd be appreciated.

https://bustimes.org/operators/national-express-shuttle
Looks to be evening only services for the most part, do they have nothing for the bus to do during the day?
I can't find a registration for it on the DVSA site either, so it could probably be an error on the bus times site.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Found this just now:
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/national-express-bus-operations-nxwm-nxc-neat.221275/

QuoteI'd assume that somewhere along the lines, a bit of coding has gone wrong and confused Nexus with National Express.

Edit: GNE were running these contracts on an emergency basis due to Gateshead Central Taxis unable to meet the contract, but it appears that no operator has been awarded these services yet so it hasn't been assigned to an operator.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

DJ

Quote from: 2206 on August 16, 2021, 09:57:12 AM
Looks to be evening only services for the most part, do they have nothing for the bus to do during the day?
I can't find a registration for it on the DVSA site either, so it could probably be an error on the bus times site.

I'm not sure it's an error, as it also appears on Traveline.

Quote from: DJ on August 16, 2021, 09:23:36 PM
Could possibly just be the same error on traveline as @Stu said above.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: DJ on August 16, 2021, 09:23:36 PM

I would imagine all the information comes from BODS, so one coding error will result in every place that uses BODS publishing the same information. It certainly isn't NXbus.

DJ

Quote from: Tony on August 16, 2021, 10:11:24 PM
I would imagine all the information comes from BODS, so one coding error will result in every place that uses BODS publishing the same information. It certainly isn't NXbus.

That's a good point. Come to think of it, it could be as simple as 'National Express Shuttle' and 'Nexus' both trying to use the code NXS, which is confusing Traveline and Bustimes.

Tony

Just to confirm this is no part of NX, so appears to be rogue data in BODS

DJ

Quote from: Tony on August 17, 2021, 09:11:30 AM
Just to confirm this is no part of NX, so appears to be rogue data in BODS

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Feel free to lock/move/delete the thread then as appropriate.  :)

Tony

Quote from: DJ on August 17, 2021, 12:51:17 PM
Ah, thanks for clarifying. Feel free to lock/move/delete the thread then as appropriate.  :)

The topic can stay as it was posted for genuine reasons

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk