News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 17, 2021, 09:50:14 AM
About time if is .An up grade with branding too never lol

Wouldn't it make sense to make both number and route changes at the same time ?? Ie delay the route change

ellspurs

It looks like all the route changes etc., are coinciding with the restart of the school term. There are cancellations listed for the X2S, 94S, 97S and X70S, as well as a variation listed for the 96.

There may have been a request to resume the services on Stechford Road before then, or it had been delayed from an earlier change due to COVID (as people reported the junction reconfigured a while ago), possibly a correction of the expired variation 36 from the change in variation 33: https://bustimes.org/registrations/PD0001111/22

EDIT: added bustimes link to variations.

Sh4318

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 17, 2021, 09:50:14 AM
About time if is .An up grade with branding too never lol

Both routes regularly see Enviro 400s and the odd platinum/standard MMC ???. What more do you want
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 17, 2021, 01:12:56 PM
Both routes regularly see Enviro 400s and the odd platinum/standard MMC ???. What more do you want
The 55/94 between them see any bus type. Tridents, Gemini, 09/61/13 plate E400, odd Crimson E400 MMC, odd Paltinum E400 MMC and even an odd Omnicity.
Would be nice to see some 94/95 branded buses like the 23/24, etc ones. Wonder if they will still be run by both PB & BC or if that will be changing?

Quote from: ellspurs on July 17, 2021, 11:37:48 AM
There are cancellations listed for the X2S
Will the school journey extensions cease or will some still operate as X2 under the main timetable like the 07:53?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 17, 2021, 11:10:45 AM
Not really, it's a completely different route now, the 55 never used to serve Ward End, Washwood Heath or Yorks Wood and it used to serve Brook Meadow Road and the other side of Shard End Crescent.
The 55 in Yorks Wood has changed a lot in the last 10 years following the withdrawals of the 54 and then the 55A, 56 and 59...

ellspurs

Quote from: Jack on July 17, 2021, 04:42:26 PM
The 55 in Yorks Wood has changed a lot in the last 10 years following the withdrawals of the 54 and then the 55A, 56 and 59...

The current 55 seems to be an amalgamation of the 55 and 92 from the mid-90s.

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 17, 2021, 11:33:59 AM
Wouldn't it make sense to make both number and route changes at the same time ?? Ie delay the route change

The 55 was always going to revert back to its original route once those roadworks were complete, I don't see the point in delaying that change any longer.

If as has been suggested that there are going to be changes to the 58 at that end of the route, the new 95 route may also have a route change in the Shard End / Kingshurst area, just speculation of course as I don't know any more than anyone else here.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on July 17, 2021, 01:55:34 PM
Will the school journey extensions cease or will some still operate as X2 under the main timetable like the 07:53?

The X2S is showing as cancelled, and there is no variation registered for the X2, so that should answer your question.

There is a school service 877 from Yardley Swan to St Peters and Tudor Grange, as school services are now available to the public again, I guess there is no need for this X2S.
My locals:

Quote from: Stu on July 17, 2021, 05:04:52 PM
The X2S is showing as cancelled, and there is no variation registered for the X2, so that should answer your question.

There is a school service 877 from Yardley Swan to St Peters and Tudor Grange, as school services are now available to the public again, I guess there is no need for this X2S.
Not what I meant, I meant will the 07:53 X2 from City Centre to St Peters still run. It runs as X2 but continues past solihull swimming baths, instead of going into the station.
The second X2S in the morning was basically a duplicate of the 07:53 (which was normally rammed full) and started at the Swan at 08:09, it always picked up members of the public who couldn't get on the 07:53 including woman with a pushchair and I caught it myself, so no idea what the S was about. Except when 2153 was put on there.

The 877 runs about 20 minutes earlier I think.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on July 17, 2021, 05:06:24 PM
Not what I meant, I meant will the 07:53 X2 to St Peters still run. It runs as X2 but continues past solihull swimming baths, instead of going into the station.
The second X2S in the morning was basically a duplicate of the 07:53 (which was normally rammed full), it always picked up members of the public who couldn't get on the 07:53 including woman with a pushchair and I caught it myself, so no idea what the S was about. Except when 2153 was put on there.

If it was under the original timetable then we haven't seen a variation listed for the X2 yet so it should still be running. The duplicate X2S is what they have withdrew.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Stu on July 17, 2021, 04:56:39 PM
The 55 was always going to revert back to its original route once those roadworks were complete, I don't see the point in delaying that change any longer.

If as has been suggested that there are going to be changes to the 58 at that end of the route, the new 95 route may also have a route change in the Shard End / Kingshurst area, just speculation of course as I don't know any more than anyone else here.

Speculation but why not it passes the time, I'm wondering if the 58 will rerouted to serve yorkswood / pithall rd , extended to c wood and the 55 will be made more direct in shard end.

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 17, 2021, 05:41:08 PM
Speculation but why not it passes the time, I'm wondering if the 58 will rerouted to serve yorkswood / pithall rd , extended to c wood and the 55 will be made more direct in shard end.

I don't mind a bit of harmless speculation, its just when people start making assumptions and coming to conclusions based on vague or scant information that it becomes a problem.

There's going to be some change to the 58, and the 55 is going to be replaced by some new 95 service, that much is for sure. People 'in the know' like Tony and Steve will know the full details, but can't share them in public for obvious reasons, so the rest of us - myself included - will have to wait for offical announcements and details to be published.
My locals:

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on July 17, 2021, 07:13:23 PM
I don't mind a bit of harmless speculation, its just when people start making assumptions and coming to conclusions based on vague or scant information that it becomes a problem.

There's going to be some change to the 58, and the 55 is going to be replaced by some new 95 service, that much is for sure. People 'in the know' like Tony and Steve will know the full details, but can't share them in public for obvious reasons, so the rest of us - myself included - will have to wait for offical announcements and details to be published.
Why does it always have to be a big secret, we had all this with the 2017 South Birmingham review. It's just bus changes, it's not national security so why ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk