News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Rail Replacement

Started by mikestone, January 22, 2021, 08:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Does anyone know if rail replacement services are still starting outside Wetherspoons or has work progressed enough for them to get nearer the station?

Pat

Quote from: mikestone on January 22, 2021, 08:14:46 PM
Does anyone know if rail replacement services are still starting outside Wetherspoons or has work progressed enough for them to get nearer the station?
There's no way you'd get a bus/coach down there.  It's too tight to turn on the car park at the front of the station.  Railway Drive is inaccessible to vehicles.

Tony

Quote from: Pat on January 22, 2021, 08:45:46 PM
There's no way you'd get a bus/coach down there.  It's too tight to turn on the car park at the front of the station.  Railway Drive is inaccessible to vehicles.

Is the proper area via Corn Hill out of action at the moment? I haven't been over there for a few months

Pat

Quote from: Tony on January 22, 2021, 08:54:00 PM
Is the proper area via Corn Hill out of action at the moment? I haven't been over there for a few months
No, that's open - it's the only entrance/exit to the multi storey and drop off/taxi rank.

4369Beast

Quote from: mikestone on January 22, 2021, 08:14:46 PM

I work for Abeillo who co ordinate the buses for WMR/LNWR/EMR i can try and find out for you if you wish, although last time it was the bus stop outside Wetherspoons on Lichfield Street.

mikestone

Thanks - no need to go out of your way.
;
I don't drive, but last time I was there I didn't think it looked realistic to expect coaches to turn in the taxi area, ot that there was anywhere in Corn St for them to load.

V102MOA

I drove a duty for Green Bus in November and was stopping in the bus station.

mikestone

Although it doesn't actually say so, the planning application seems to suggest that coaches (and presumably delivery vehicles) will be able to arrive via Corn Street and leave via Railway Drive.

Pat

Quote from: mikestone on January 28, 2021, 08:37:28 PM
Although it doesn't actually say so, the planning application seems to suggest that coaches (and presumably delivery vehicles) will be able to arrive via Corn Street and leave via Railway Drive.
That used to be the way in/out of the old station car park, via Railway Drive.  No way could you get a vehicle down Corn Street and out Railway Drive safely.   It is too tight due to the taxi stand located immediately to the left of the car park entrance, and the drop off bays opposite, making it too narrow to get a vehicle down.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk