News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalsallBuses2007

Couple maybe for some 35A tender work in Walsall which chase rider have rumoured to have won off diamond 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on July 03, 2023, 01:31:46 AMCouple maybe for some 35A tender work in Walsall which chase rider have rumoured to have won off diamond
They have won them
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: Westy on July 02, 2023, 10:47:03 PMInteresting.

They couldn't make a Sunday service serving McArthur Glen pay, so why Stafford to Lichfield on a Sunday?
Work will be tendered. Sunday service would never have paid to McArthur Glen, only reason NX run there is they won a subsidy off McArthur Glen, Chaserider didn't for Sunday service

metrocity

Quote from: Westy on July 02, 2023, 10:47:03 PMInteresting.

They couldn't make a Sunday service serving McArthur Glen pay, so why Stafford to Lichfield on a Sunday?
I presume this is being funded by the County Council out of the BSIP plus pot announced back in May - Staffs were awarded around £1.3m

metrocity

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on July 03, 2023, 01:31:46 AMCouple maybe for some 35A tender work in Walsall which chase rider have rumoured to have won off diamond
Award confirmed here

Grinder

I don't often post on any forums, just read the comments and look for various fleet updates.  I only use one Chaserider service and that's the 74 from Wildwood on the outskirts of Stafford into town and back, I use this service probably twice a month, so not a big user but in all honesty I have to say every trip has been there and pretty much on time.  I'm not sure if the general Chaserider users find that they are let down regularly, I suspect not, and most will be grateful for having a service, even if the buses are generally old and most, especially the E200's pretty rattly.

Before retiring, one of the measures of financial performance the company I worked for used was ROTA, return on trading assets.  If Chaserider use a similar method then there is no possibility of them buying new or even newer buses, as that  return will diminish the higher the value of their assets. In my opinion they can only therefore, continue to take on 'cast-offs' from other members of the Centrebus group which are a little younger than what they currently have.

Bob

Quote from: Tony on July 03, 2023, 09:27:30 AMWork will be tendered. Sunday service would never have paid to McArthur Glen, only reason NX run there is they won a subsidy off McArthur Glen, Chaserider didn't for Sunday service
Wonder if theyll win it

Westy

Quote from: Grinder on July 03, 2023, 11:00:15 AMI don't often post on any forums, just read the comments and look for various fleet updates.  I only use one Chaserider service and that's the 74 from Wildwood on the outskirts of Stafford into town and back, I use this service probably twice a month, so not a big user but in all honesty I have to say every trip has been there and pretty much on time.  I'm not sure if the general Chaserider users find that they are let down regularly, I suspect not, and most will be grateful for having a service, even if the buses are generally old and most, especially the E200's pretty rattly.

Before retiring, one of the measures of financial performance the company I worked for used was ROTA, return on trading assets.  If Chaserider use a similar method then there is no possibility of them buying new or even newer buses, as that  return will diminish the higher the value of their assets. In my opinion they can only therefore, continue to take on 'cast-offs' from other members of the Centrebus group which are a little younger than what they currently have.
Let's hope the vehicles concerned are fairly decent  in the first place?

Bob

Looks like 704 didnt make it further than Baswich into town earlier, it shouldve done the 530pm 74 to cannock, which didnt run. Shame, them Scanias are nice to ride on

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Anyone have any idea what's up with 193 again. Came out for the first time in nearly a year and hasn't been seen since?

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on July 05, 2023, 12:43:29 AMAnyone have any idea what's up with 193 again. Came out for the first time in nearly a year and hasn't been seen since?
Wasnt one of the two volvos tjat broke down on 62 yesteeday was it? 

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Bob on July 05, 2023, 07:21:38 AMWasnt one of the two volvos tjat broke down on 62 yesteeday was it?
Nah that was 191 and 198

Bob

Wouldnt have fancied being a passengwr on the 3 today..got through three buses on a 1 bus working...big gaps in the hourly service. 

Craigkibbs

With Chaserider picking up the new tender are they having more buses sent to cover. Also does anyone know the changes coming up in September?

hlliwmai

Quote from: Craigkibbs on July 15, 2023, 12:29:30 PMWith Chaserider picking up the new tender are they having more buses sent to cover. Also does anyone know the changes coming up in September?

Which changes in September? Not heard anything about that 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk