News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hlliwmai

Quote from: Westy on February 07, 2023, 10:21:08 PMThey're having a serious crack at Telford?

Obviously run out of ideas in Cannock.

No, I think this there subtle way of pushing Arriva out of Telford it is of course plausible due to the fact Arriva are selling off depots etc 

Grinder

I think you'll find that these routes are funded by Telford and Wrekin Council whereas Cannock area routes are not council funded.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on February 07, 2023, 10:21:08 PMThey're having a serious crack at Telford?

Just to clarify, service 102 and 103 operate Mon-Fri only, seven journeys each way. 104 and 105 are school services. They will operate under contract to Telford and Wrekin Council.

Bob

J dunno how they'll manage it, they struggle to cover routes here, they had about 5 or 6 failures yesterday, when you add it to the amount of buses theyve got off road it adds up. 

winston

Quote from: Bob on February 08, 2023, 01:51:21 PMJ dunno how they'll manage it, they struggle to cover routes here, they had about 5 or 6 failures yesterday, when you add it to the amount of buses theyve got off road it adds up.
They'll not doubt have to bring in more newer buses to operate these new contracts, there's the 405 new Uttoxeter route starting 20th Feb too.

It may well be that Chaserider are taking on these tendered services to help support the Cannock area commercial routes.

Bob

Quote from: winston on February 08, 2023, 02:02:16 PMThey'll not doubt have to bring in more newer buses to operate these new contracts, there's the 405 new Uttoxeter route starting 20th Feb too.

It may well be that Chaserider are taking on these tendered services to help support the Cannock area commercial routes.

Hopefully, but the older, unreliable stuff will still be dumped on the interurban stuff etc unfortunately

Bob

Chaserider had a bad day today literally breakdown upon breakdiwn, 2 Solos failed on PGs,, e200 no 40 broke down, 187 broke on 60s , anither bus had to be taken off pye greens to cover the one that broke down on the 71. People on the pye green route might have been wondering whether a bus was ever gonna come.  On the plus side theyve received another E200, no 121

888DUK

Rachvince53

Will it make any difference to reliability? 

Wumpty

One would hope and, on paper, would appear so, though without waking @Bob up (love you Bob!), I think the reliability is more mechanical!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bob

Quote from: Wumpty on February 17, 2023, 10:21:59 AMOne would hope and, on paper, would appear so, though without waking @Bob up (love you Bob!), I think the reliability is more mechanical!
Hahahs yep definetely, one of their Solos, 181 has literally failed every day for over a week, yet they still send it out every morning 🤣

Rachvince53

Quote from: Bob on February 17, 2023, 12:41:49 PMHahahs yep definetely, one of their Solos, 181 has literally failed every day for over a week, yet they still send it out every morning 🤣
Looks like it failed again today on the 0840 25 service from Cannock lasting as far as West Chadsmoor!  

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on February 17, 2023, 12:41:49 PMHahahs yep definetely, one of their Solos, 181 has literally failed every day for over a week, yet they still send it out every morning 🤣
heard the gearbox had failed on this bag of knackers [181] but only hear say,  Solos pounding interurban again whilst that latest larger seating capacity e200 66 plate is plodding up and down the road on the new 405 keeping clean lol

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on February 20, 2023, 11:12:42 PMheard the gearbox had failed on this bag of knackers [181] but only hear say,  Solos pounding interurban again whilst that latest larger seating capacity e200 66 plate is plodding up and down the road on the new 405 keeping clean lol
They werent doing very well this morning either they had two buses fail before 8am on pye greens 🤦�♂️

hlliwmai

is the depot owned by Chaserider these days or was it actually sold to AvailableCar as I remember reading sometime ago that they had bought it when Arriva finished operations and Chaserider lease it back off AvailableCar does anyone know I'm just being nosey 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk