News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Bob on June 24, 2022, 09:59:20 AMNewer buses? The 17 plate Darts gone, theyve sent a couple of SB180s, the two previous examples were sone of the most unreliable things in the fleet? Theres two Streetlites sent, the existing streetlites are pretty unreliable and many been off road for ages. Then theres an 18 year old Scania, an 05 solo which disappeared and that 06 plate solo which breaks down a lot. The centros they sent were both rapidly withdrawn, one after only a week lol
The B5 Scanina can barely start the day without breaking down and looks like 177 has just transferred to D&G

Not also that the Arriva Eclipse's have now having major issues resulting to a few not running 

solonightrider

With a lot of services not running correctly of late due to illness / last minute bulk cancellation's leaving joe public who rely on this lot for school / work etc high & dry , one is left wondering how can they operate all of these new contracts ie Amazon and the Fradley one, surely they should have cover for all the registered bus services as a priority first, to full fill the legal registered requirements before taking on contract work? just a thought.  I understand contract work is guaranteed revenue and that's what is needed, but something seems odd here. Surprised the TC's have not picked up on this. Notice the 3 oldest relics on the 74 again today including that rancid old orange dart, while the youngest age fleet member is tootling about Pye Green as ever! Best keep them Optare's off the contract work.......... :-)

Westy

Quote from: solonightrider on June 24, 2022, 10:19:44 PMWith a lot of services not running correctly of late due to illness / last minute bulk cancellation's leaving joe public who rely on this lot for school / work etc high & dry , one is left wondering how can they operate all of these new contracts ie Amazon and the Fradley one, surely they should have cover for all the registered bus services as a priority first, to full fill the legal registered requirements before taking on contract work? just a thought.  I understand contract work is guaranteed revenue and that's what is needed, but something seems odd here. Surprised the TC's have not picked up on this. Notice the 3 oldest relics on the 74 again today including that rancid old orange dart, while the youngest age fleet member is tootling about Pye Green as ever! Best keep them Optare's off the contract work.......... :-)
Must admit I was wondering what the Traffic Commissioners were making of the situation as well. 

I noticed, while the 1 wasn't running, I still saw the A51 running through Bloxwich out of service. 

Looks like we've got another MCV Evolution over plus an Optare Metrocity

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 25, 2022, 10:46:50 PMLooks like we've got another MCV Evolution over plus an Optare Metrocity
The mega reliable MCVs 🤣

SSmith09

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 25, 2022, 10:46:50 PMLooks like we've got another MCV Evolution over plus an Optare Metrocity
Reported elsewhere as:

MCV Evolution - 671 - YJ63 CXB (from Grantham)

Optare Metrocity - 799 - YJ17 FXE (from Leicester)

both are in the new Centrebus livery

Looks like they're standardising the fleets across depots

Quote from: SSmith2009 on June 26, 2022, 10:13:33 AMReported elsewhere as:

MCV Evolution - 671 - YJ63 CXB (from Grantham)

Optare Metrocity - 799 - YJ17 FXE (from Leicester)

both are in the new Centrebus livery

Looks like they're standardising the fleets across depots
I mean MCV Evolution & Standarising do not go in the same sentece. All The Evolutions that Chaserider have rn keep failing on them

solonightrider

799 will be kept on pye green along with the mmc and owt else that's not really needed on there! that 799 had been on fire at some point, lets hope its not yet another unreliable problem Optare product, but if these latest additions out some rancid solos then bring it on! be a lap of luxury on Pye Green soon, might encourage more than 3 folks per trip out!

Bob

Quote from: Bus Spotter Stephen on June 26, 2022, 04:52:42 PMI mean MCV Evolution & Standarising do not go in the same sentece. All The Evolutions that Chaserider have rn keep failing on them
Standardising failures lol

ContainsNuts

Quote from: Bob on June 27, 2022, 04:56:13 AMStandardising failures lol
You wouldn't be happy if they had brand new buses running every five minutes with low fares. Wouldn't it be nice if you said something positive for a change!

Bob

Quote from: ContainsNuts on June 27, 2022, 11:51:08 AMYou wouldn't be happy if they had brand new buses running every five minutes with low fares. Wouldn't it be nice if you said something positive for a change!
Wouldnt it be nice if they ran a roadworthy fleet that didnt leave 2 hr gaps in service, leaving people stranded? 

Grinder

Quote from: Bob on June 27, 2022, 04:11:18 PMWouldnt it be nice if they ran a roadworthy fleet that didnt leave 2 hr gaps in service, leaving people stranded?
Generalisations as usual from Bob.  Perhaps the moaners should ask their local councils to increase Council Tax for everybody so that they can subsidise a company to run a proper fleet of modern buses 24 hours a day whether they carry passengers or not.

Westy

Quote from: Bob on June 27, 2022, 04:11:18 PMWouldnt it be nice if they ran a roadworthy fleet that didnt leave 2 hr gaps in service, leaving people stranded?
And stop chopping & changing the routes/timetables every 5 minutes!

Quote from: Westy on June 27, 2022, 05:35:46 PMAnd stop chopping & changing the routes/timetables every 5 minutes!
At least arriva gave a lot of there new routes more advertising and more than 1 year to attract people with new buses. As much as i dislike hating on companies and will happily support them, Chaserider really give me no room to try. They are digging there graves quicker than I can try and find something to back them with. Arriva litterally crippled themselves financially in cannock trying to give as much as they can to serve everyone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk