News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pulham

Started by mikestone, July 04, 2020, 02:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

A registration in this weeks notices and proceeding for a new 51 service from Moreton-in-Marsh to Stratford via Ilmington and Stretton-on-Fosse starting in September, five times a day - their website reveals it also serves Shipston.
;
Stretton-on-Fosse currently seems to only have one bus a week.
'

Justin Tyme

I was surprised and intrigued by this registration too.

Bustimes.org at https://bustimes.org/registrations/PH0000153/66 states that the service will be "supported by subsidy" from Warwickshire County Council, so that must explain it.  Perhaps it is part-funded by Section 106 developer funding?

Stretton-on-Fosse only sees Shipston Link community minibuses, and they have been suspended since March.  The Ilmington area (with services 3/3A to, essentially, Stratford and Shipston) is currently Johnsons territory with around 4 buses a day, so perhaps these will be changed.

Stretton is also the last settlement in Warwickshire on the route, so I wonder if Pulhams (having won the tender) have decided to extend the route from there to Moreton-in-Marsh commercially?

markcf83

I am led to believe that they've surrendered the 853,which runs between Cheltenham and Oxford. Stagecoach West are taking this on again I'm led to believe.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Justin Tyme

Re the 853 - do you mean Swanbrook rather than Pulhams?

I think Swanbrook have run the service since the 1980s IIRC.

Kevin

Quote from: mikestone on July 04, 2020, 02:17:13 PM
A registration in this weeks notices and proceeding for a new 51 service from Moreton-in-Marsh to Stratford via Ilmington and Stretton-on-Fosse starting in September, five times a day - their website reveals it also serves Shipston.
;
'

Recently been awarded a couple of Oxfordshire tenders as well, two Witney local routes and one into Oxford that had funding withdrawn a few years ago which is interesting, plenty extra work for them
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

D10

Quote from: mikestone on July 04, 2020, 02:17:13 PM
;
'

The 51 Timetable now available:

Justin Tyme

Warwickshire County Council have issued a news item about the new 51.  It is now clear that the service runs to Moreton-in-Marsh (which is in Gloucestershire) in order to provide links with trains towards London.

https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/news/article/1249/warwickshire-county-council-announce-a-new-bus-service-between-stratford-upon-avon-and-moreton-in-marsh

mikestone

In Stratford a couple of weeks ago one of their Citaro's, presumably the spare for the 99, was parked up with a board, presumably for a school woking, showing 951.

Wumpty

Quote from: mikestone on October 07, 2021, 09:48:42 PM
In Stratford a couple of weeks ago one of their Citaro's, presumably the spare for the 99, was parked up with a board, presumably for a school woking, showing 951.

Unless it's 30 years late for the Timesaver run from Brum to Hednesford ;D
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 08, 2023, 01:42:19 PMJust seen that go-ahead group have just brought out pull hams and sons

Interesting ,who next ?   First Worcester ?  Then Yeomans ??  That would give them a decent area.  :wink:

hlliwmai

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on June 08, 2023, 05:23:49 PMInteresting ,who next ?  First Worcester ?  Then Yeomans ??  That would give them a decent area.  :wink:

With First Worcester I'm not so sure I do know that Rotala have (or had) been eyeing up First for quite some time but they've never actually made the plunge  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk