News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry electric buses

Started by Ben, March 18, 2020, 12:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

QuoteThe new Enviro400 MMC's have now started to be transferred into Coventry Garage so we could start see quite a few of the Tridents & Gemini's be withdrawn soon and see the new EV's replace them. 4 transferred yesterday and more have been expected today of the 130 new buses we're getting. They are also in the new NX Cov livery and have a slightly different interior trim to the current EV's running on the 8 & 9's
They have not been transferred into Coventry garage and won't for some time as there's quite a bit of stuff to do on them first. Not sure where you got that information from.
Here is E034  NXWM E034 (wmbusphotos.com)

cvbususer

Quote from: Tony on June 24, 2022, 07:13:06 PMThey have not been transferred into Coventry garage and won't for some time as there's quite a bit of stuff to do on them first. Not sure where you got that information from.
Here is E034  NXWM E034 (wmbusphotos.com)
Surprised to see these with regular mirrors, rather than the mirror cams on the other Electrics and Hydrogen buses. Is this a cost measure or to do with the tech not quite being there yet? 

Jack6101

Quote from: cvbususer on June 24, 2022, 10:12:51 PMSurprised to see these with regular mirrors, rather than the mirror cams on the other Electrics and Hydrogen buses. Is this a cost measure or to do with the tech not quite being there yet?
It's only temp thing due to a shortage of the camara equipment for cam mirrors  
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Coventrybususer95

Anyone know if the new electric buses will get new names or will the names on the older buses get transferred to them? 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

E038 is the first one to get a full set of vinyls

NXWM E038 (wmbusphotos.com)

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 19, 2022, 06:54:51 PME038 is the first one to get a full set of vinyls

NXWM E038 (wmbusphotos.com)

Is there a chance these might start entering service nexxt month? Or still too soon to say?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

QuoteIs there a chance these might start entering service nexxt month? Or still too soon to say?
They need to enter service next month or we might not have enough buses for the next service uplift!

Gareth

The overall look is really nice. I've never been a fan of Coventry blue, but it makes it nice and bright. However I feel this will be lost when adverts start appearing eventually.
One criticism is the dated crown. Spoils the overall look and that ship sailed a couple of months ago.

BBS

QuoteThe overall look is really nice. I've never been a fan of Coventry blue, but it makes it nice and bright. However I feel this will be lost when adverts start appearing eventually.
One criticism is the dated crown. Spoils the overall look and that ship sailed a couple of months ago.
Yeah i agree, the 6 brandeds now have missing branding parts etc etc. But they still stand out well 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

RW

The new branding on the electrics looks very good initially, but then the vinyl vandals get to work. The offside advert covers most of the sky blue strip. Couple of inches at the top of the vehicle remain visible and not much more below the advert. As for those legs and boots what's that all about again? Thought that fetish had been dispensed with by NX. Sadly EO38 ends up losing its good looks! 

Coventrybususer95

Also has anyone noticed the mistake in the wording it says "national express coventry customers bring you zero carbon & clean air"
Should it not read "national express coventry brings customers zero carbon & clear air" 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: RW on August 20, 2022, 06:59:06 PMThe new branding on the electrics looks very good initially, but then the vinyl vandals get to work. The offside advert covers most of the sky blue strip. Couple of inches at the top of the vehicle remain visible and not much more below the advert. As for those legs and boots what's that all about again? Thought that fetish had been dispensed with by NX. Sadly EO38 ends up losing its good looks!
Are they not supposed to be super heroes?

The Real 4778

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on August 20, 2022, 07:33:18 PMAlso has anyone noticed the mistake in the wording it says "national express coventry customers bring you zero carbon & clean air"
Should it not read "national express coventry brings customers zero carbon & clear air"

That's not a mistake.  The slogan is directed at people in the street, hailing the heroes on the bus (NX Customers), who are bringing the passers-by zero carbon and clean air.
Don't you start.

mikestone

Quote from: RW on August 20, 2022, 06:59:06 PMThe new branding on the electrics looks very good initially, but then the vinyl vandals get to work. The offside advert covers most of the sky blue strip. Couple of inches at the top of the vehicle remain visible and not much more below the advert. As for those legs and boots what's that all about again? Thought that fetish had been dispensed with by NX. Sadly EO38 ends up losing its good looks!
Surely the nonsense is putting the stripe there in the first place when it is clearly going to be covered by adverts.

BN

Apologies if already asked but when will these start to enter service?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk