News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry electric buses

Started by Ben, March 18, 2020, 12:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on January 06, 2021, 07:42:41 PM
If NXWM is to meet its zero emission pledge by 2030 then they need to replace an average of 150 buses per year so this would cover this years!

Will Coventry get all this years new buses moving the diesel fleet out? How many buses does NXC have?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

bususer28

Quote from: DJ on January 06, 2021, 07:41:43 PM
There's a page in the branding guidelines with a version of the livery for Coventry.

Are these images West Midlands Network produced or are these someone's personal ideas?

Tony

Quote from: Stu on January 06, 2021, 08:43:16 PM
That is indeed true, I don't doubt that.

My point was about how long it would realistically take to replace the entire NXC fleet with all-electric vehicles. Could it happen within the space of one year?

Will certainly keep the bus-builders busy and in work for a while!

150 is no problem, I cannot imagine London will be putting too much pressure on Alexander Dennis & Wrights next year how broke TfL are

JoNi

Quote from: 2206 on January 06, 2021, 08:06:32 PM
Would they run the services to Stratford and Warwick under the "West Midlands Buses" name though? As they're in Warwickshire.
If Very Light Rail sees the light of day does it mean electric buses are actually for the rest of the network or is it Primelines twenty years on where money is thrown at an upgrade with bus priority, only to result in city where bus travel provided by competing operators delivers a poor quality travel experience. Ask the person who tried to board a Transport for West Midlands tendered service today with an inflexible phone based ticket product whether the prospect of the bus is electric or not wows them...

paulb1973

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on January 06, 2021, 08:51:37 PM
Will Coventry get all this years new buses moving the diesel fleet out? How many buses does NXC have?

Current NXC fleet:

10 E400EV (E020-29)
16 E200 (831-33/37-44/71-75)
34 B7RLE (2143-50/52-77)
17 Trident (4370/99/4403/6-14; 4450-54)
10 B7/ALX (4415-24)
17 B7/Gemini (4660-75/78)
54 E400 (4763-76; 4830-42/81-94; 4983-95)
20 E400MMC (6951-67; 7539-41)
___

Would the (potential) all electric fleet have the same single/double deck split.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on January 06, 2021, 08:06:32 PM
Would they run the services to Stratford and Warwick under the "West Midlands Buses" name though? As they're in Warwickshire.

Probably a similar thing to the trains when they operate outside the West Midlands. Either run the services outright, or get whomever to have a "proudly serving the West Midlands" sticker somewhere on the body of the other vehicle.

Depends whether they stipulate that only electric buses can serve the city. Does pose a question for coach services, unless they are referred to differently.

ellspurs

Quote from: DJ on January 06, 2021, 07:41:43 PM
There's a page in the branding guidelines with a version of the livery for Coventry.

If that's from the West Midlands Buses branding guidelines then it does just scream "NX" all over.

Sandy Lane

If you read the DfT blurb it says that ALL bus companies operating routes in the area must sign up to the proposal.

Tony

sandboy20

Great if Coventry could have all electric buses within a few years then the really hard task -
persuading motorists to give up using their cars for ALL journeys however small or regardless
of whether reliable public transport is an available alternative. Though it may go down like a lead balloon
with petrol heads I am a strong believer in sticks as well as carrots.

DJ

Quote from: bususer28 on January 06, 2021, 08:56:59 PM
Are these images West Midlands Network produced or are these someone's personal ideas?

TfWM produced, designed by Sam Jessup for them, as far as I know.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

I cannot see the blue one being used as I suspect all new buses will be of the higher spec, and no diesels are going to be repainted now by any op I wouldn't think

don

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2021, 01:20:38 PM
I cannot see the blue one being used as I suspect all new buses will be of the higher spec, and no diesels are going to be repainted now by any op I wouldn't think

Which begs the question how redeployment of 150 odd diesels or hybrids would occur over a short time, let alone repainting 130 or so (I'm presuming many of the Tridents and ALX400 B7TL remain currently to increase the amount of double deckers for social distancing and the platinum S would be a simple redeployment).

Regarding the Coventry branded platinum bus, I'm surprised the red front is shown rather than sky blue, or is it any colour based on branding like the current ones.

Also, I like the NXWM electric bus silver trim - that seems to have gone as well? Have these actually been agreed by operators yet or is it a work in progress?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2021, 01:20:38 PM

Is the crimson livery going to continue whilst new deliveries in WMB livery/WMB platinum. Will diamond/banga/Travel Express and other smaller companies have to adhere to the WMB livery
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on January 09, 2021, 06:03:22 PM
Is the crimson livery going to continue whilst new deliveries in WMB livery/WMB platinum. Will diamond/banga/Travel Express and other smaller companies have to adhere to the WMB livery

I think 5409 answers you question, freshly painted in Crimson, as will 733, 862, 1808, 1809 be along with any others currently picked to go to Walsall.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk