News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Started by Tony, April 06, 2012, 09:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

The refurb & repaint of 4176 is now complete and I will hopefully gate a photo very soon. It is not like 4177 but I believe there might be a very slight change from standard livery

Rob H

Quote from: Tony on April 06, 2012, 09:10:28 PM
The refurb & repaint of 4176 is now complete and I will hopefully gate a photo very soon. It is not like 4177 but I believe there might be a very slight change from standard livery

Do you know if 4176 has Route Branding aswell :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Tony

No it doesn't. Photo should be appearing on the main site anytime now

RW

Have asked before but no one seems to have a clear view. Exactly what is the purpose of these repaints? Is there a rethink on the current livery especially to get rid of the white? Already one or two of the new deliveries are looking a little `off` white!

D10

Seen the photo of 4176, I can't tell any difference between this and the standard red/white!

It only confirms in my mind how awful the livery is withall  that huge expanse of white. Please adopt the livery on 4177 as standard NX!

Stu

4176 looks like any other repainted Trident I've seen recently.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

andy

It's easy to criticise white liveries but it's all down to the paint. Whenever I see a freshly liveried vehicle in NXWM livery I always think it looks smart, although in my opinion it is the red that wrecks the livery as it clashes heavily with so much of the on bus advertising that is applied, plus red paint will always lose it's shine and fade quicker than other colours such as the Coventry blue.

And therein lies the problem. NXWM have chosen the 2 colours that lose their freshness and look scuffed and tired if you use cheap paint, put them together, and then used cheap paint! Has anyone seen 1401 recently? I see it regularly, it was the first paint into the new colours years ago, yet still looks pristine. The white is virtually unblemished and still vibrant, and the red, although a different shade, still gleams. They obviously used superior paint for that job.

White liveries are fine if they are applied with quality, unfortunately I'm not sure this one is.

Stu

Also it helps when buses are washed frequently too. ;-)

I did read somewhere before that NXWM were also investing in new bus-washing facilities at their garages.
My locals:

Ossie

Quote from: andy on April 08, 2012, 12:07:41 PM
Has anyone seen 1401 recently? I see it regularly, it was the first paint into the new colours years ago, yet still looks pristine. The white is virtually unblemished and still vibrant, and the red, although a different shade, still gleams. They obviously used superior paint for that job.

I'd certainly agree with that, 1401's external condition is outstanding!

winston

The livery looks sharp, clean & crisp on brand new vehicles / when first repainted, but just doesn't last when you take into account road dirt / accident damage etc. NX coaches are allover white and worked hard, they don't seem to have as many issues with keeping the white looking clean.

The other big, big problem with red is that it gradually turns pinker over time due to the pigment in it reacting with sunlight, I believe even car manufactures have yet to find a solution to prevent this from happening.

Doesn't the paintshop also now apply to coat of clear lacquer or varnish to help the livery wear better?

Quote from: andy on April 08, 2012, 12:07:41 PM
It's easy to criticise white liveries but it's all down to the paint. Whenever I see a freshly liveried vehicle in NXWM livery I always think it looks smart, although in my opinion it is the red that wrecks the livery as it clashes heavily with so much of the on bus advertising that is applied, plus red paint will always lose it's shine and fade quicker than other colours such as the Coventry blue.

And therein lies the problem. NXWM have chosen the 2 colours that lose their freshness and look scuffed and tired if you use cheap paint, put them together, and then used cheap paint! Has anyone seen 1401 recently? I see it regularly, it was the first paint into the new colours years ago, yet still looks pristine. The white is virtually unblemished and still vibrant, and the red, although a different shade, still gleams. They obviously used superior paint for that job.

White liveries are fine if they are applied with quality, unfortunately I'm not sure this one is.

RW

Tony having seen the photo of 4176 is there a difference to the standard livery? If there is it`s not obvious and I`ll ask yet again are NX contemplating a livery change?

Tony

Before I saw it myself, I was told the red was the red used on 4177. I am still not sure which red it is

Stu

Looks like 'red' to me! lol  8)
My locals:

MW

Not sure how this will turn up, but messing around with the livery, I don't know if I've improved it or made it worse lmao.

ilovetea4370

Change the black to Coventry Blue :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk